We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
I need a tonic/stimulant Options

Dante
#1 Posted : 2/24/2012 12:34:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

I need your help! I recently started working again after a month and a half pause and I'm already feeling exhausted. My job is quite demanding both physically and mentally, so I need some sort of tonic/stimulant that will make me keep going! Caffeine is not enough and if I over do it, I start feeling irritable and my brain becomes foggy. I don't want to take amphetamines either, Im not a fan of this kind of substances and I think taking them daily would be a very bad idea. I once tried a low dose of Fly Agaric and it was great, but I don't have enough to keep using it and I heard that the one sold around is very weak. I really have to find an alternative, I need some sort of natural supplement that doesnt have too many side effects and that will keep me lucid... Any idea?

And dont tell me to work less Smile
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/24/2012 3:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

maybe a new job?

I mean, if caffine is not enough of a stimulant to keep you going and just to get through the work day you need an even stronger stimulant what does that tell you? Jobs are hard to come by today though I know..this just does not sound like a healthy habit for the long run, taking powerful stimulants every day.

The more stims you take the more tired you will be also...this is how it works. You get a rush becasue your reserves are flooding the system when you take stims and then later on you burn out becasue you used up all your energy and ned up even more tired..it is alot of wear and tear on the body to keep that up and will come back to kick you in the ass later. It also dehydrates you to do that.

I would fix your diet up and cut out junk foods etc in every way possible, and go to sleep every night by 8pm before just taking heavy stimulants every day.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#3 Posted : 2/24/2012 3:43:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Have you tried maca? I have maca in the morning and it does give you energy through the day, but not a rush like real stimulants and wont wear you out.

Long live the unwoke.

pau
#4 Posted : 2/24/2012 5:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you seen these "5 Hour Energy" ads on TV recently? I don't see how it could ever replace a cappuccino, but it evidently works for my wife, without the jarring "jolt".
WHOA!

gory dkalz
#5 Posted : 2/24/2012 1:59:55 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

Kratom was originally used in southeast Asia by laborers as a stimulant.
Lower doses are more stimulating than higher doses which cause that opiate feeling sedation.

Found this on another website:
Quote:
Kratom has been used by natives of Thailand and other regions of Southeast Asia as an herbal drug for decades. Traditionally, kratom was mostly used as a stimulant by Thai and Malaysian laborers and farmers to overcome the burdens of hard work. They chewed the leaves to make them work harder and provide energy and relief from muscle strains.

But be careful with this plant because it can become quite addictive if you let it.
Not as bad or as quickly as popping OC's but the potential is still there.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

SpartanII
#6 Posted : 2/24/2012 2:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

I would fix your diet up and cut out junk foods etc in every way possible, and go to sleep every night by 8pm before just taking heavy stimulants every day.

I agree. Many people don't realize how much diet affects our physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. When I cut out all processed foods, reduced my animal protein consumption, started eating more fruits and raw, organic vegetables, and started taking a food-based multivitamin it was like night and day! Physically I felt lighter and more energetic. I felt mentally clear and motivated, and not so emotionally unstable. I slept better too.

-I also added Maca which really boosted my energy.

-Get plenty of sleep, but don't over-indulge or it will make you more tired.

-Exercise will increase your metabolism and energy, but again, don't overdo it or it will tire you out.

Then, after you build a healthy foundation, you could look into specific energizing vitamins, hormones, herbs and amino acids:

-B complex vitamins
-Maca
-Carnitine
-Ginseng
-Rhodiola
-SAM-e
-Tyrosine
-Coenzyme Q10
-DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone)
-NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide)
-Magnesium (although it can be relaxing, deficiencies can cause fatigue)

Hope this helps!Smile

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 2/24/2012 3:14:31 PM

JC

Raw chocolate is stimulating. Yerba mate is good but it's caffeine maybe try it if your drinking coffee ive heard coffe drinkers here prefer it to coffee. I take piracetam fairly infrequently this weather but it's good for concentration and focus, though not natural.

EcstaticTrance
#8 Posted : 2/24/2012 6:04:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well getting on an healthy diet with some superfood added in is a good idea (maca, spirulina, ginseng...). I haven't tried piracetam yet but Im experiencing a little bit with microdosing psychedelic (mushrooms in my case) and it really add a nice little something to thought process and creativity. And well if you want more of a boost I personally enjoy some ephedra if you're able to get ahold of it, it's not something I would make an habit of but for me it's pretty smooth if taken correctly and I never had any hangover with it like amphetamine do. Don't mix that with any MAOI though. But yeah plenty of rest and a healthy lifestyle is ideal and really do the trick at long term but it needs some dedication, throw a long partying night in your week and it's easy to lose it hehe. Good luck with that and I wish you plenty of energy!

Vodsel
#9 Posted : 2/24/2012 7:42:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

You might also want to take a look at this thread.

MySmelf
#10 Posted : 2/24/2012 8:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dante wrote:
I don't want to take amphetamines either, Im not a fan of this kind of substances and I think taking them daily would be a very bad idea.

Does this include substituted amphetamines? Because if so..
EcstaticTrance wrote:
And well if you want more of a boost I personally enjoy some ephedra if you're able to get ahold of it, it's not something I would make an habit of but for me it's pretty smooth if taken correctly and I never had any hangover with it like amphetamine do.

Ephedrine is a substituted amphetamine, it has a methamphetamine structure with a hydroxyl group attached to its beta carbon.
It can be written as N-methyl-β-hydroxyamphetamine.
Though this doesn't mean the effects are the same just thought you should know. Also if ephedrine is taken with caffeine it can have a rush just as strong as amphetamine.

@EcstaticTrance - I've never had a hangover from amphetamine, is this common? I do usually smoke some weed on the comedown/crash to smooth it out though. Not that I do amphetamines often of course.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

Dante
#11 Posted : 2/25/2012 12:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
maybe a new job?

I mean, if caffine is not enough of a stimulant to keep you going and just to get through the work day you need an even stronger stimulant what does that tell you? Jobs are hard to come by today though I know..this just does not sound like a healthy habit for the long run, taking powerful stimulants every day.

I cant, I was very lucky to find a job that pays this well and I really need to save some money for an upcoming trip. Anyway, it's not going to be for long, I don't really see myself working this much for the rest of my life Smile

SpartanII wrote:
jamie wrote:

I agree. Many people don't realize how much diet affects our physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. When I cut out all processed foods, reduced my animal protein consumption, started eating more fruits and raw, organic vegetables, and started taking a food-based multivitamin it was like night and day! Physically I felt lighter and more energetic. I felt mentally clear and motivated, and not so emotionally unstable. I slept better too.

-I also added Maca which really boosted my energy.

-Get plenty of sleep, but don't over-indulge or it will make you more tired.

-Exercise will increase your metabolism and energy, but again, don't overdo it or it will tire you out.

I've been vegetarian for more than a year and I come from a family where we always eat healthy food. I also recently reduced my dairy intake and I started eating raw more often. I do exercise as well, maybe a bit too much... Beside my work, I do capoeira, physical theater and a minimum of 10miles cycling every day.

Sleep wise, I've to admit that I dont do it enough. I always get back from work quite late and I never have enough time to cook and do my things. I think this is one of the main reason why I feel extremely tired, so Ill definitely try to change my pattern a bit.

I just ordered some organic maca, so Ill soon let you know how it goes.

Thank you guys for the precious advices and for caring of my well being, I appreciate it Smile
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Dante
#12 Posted : 2/25/2012 12:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pau wrote:
Have you seen these "5 Hour Energy" ads on TV recently? I don't see how it could ever replace a cappuccino, but it evidently works for my wife, without the jarring "jolt".

I dont watch tv and Im quite sure that we dont live in the same country Razz Anyway, Ill go for the natural stuff first... Thanks!

gory dkalz wrote:
Kratom was originally used in southeast Asia by laborers as a stimulant.
Lower doses are more stimulating than higher doses which cause that opiate feeling sedation.

Found this on another website:
Quote:
Kratom has been used by natives of Thailand and other regions of Southeast Asia as an herbal drug for decades. Traditionally, kratom was mostly used as a stimulant by Thai and Malaysian laborers and farmers to overcome the burdens of hard work. They chewed the leaves to make them work harder and provide energy and relief from muscle strains.

But be careful with this plant because it can become quite addictive if you let it.
Not as bad or as quickly as popping OC's but the potential is still there.

Mmmm I tried Kratom once in a mid-high dose and I didnt like it, although I might give it another go with a lower dose. Thanks a lot

Dante
#13 Posted : 2/25/2012 12:53:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
Raw chocolate is stimulating. Yerba mate is good but it's caffeine maybe try it if your drinking coffee ive heard coffe drinkers here prefer it to coffee. I take piracetam fairly infrequently this weather but it's good for concentration and focus, though not natural.

I already eat tons of dark chocolate Twisted Evil

I never tried yerba mate, but I heard very good things about it. Ill put it in my list of things to try, thanks!

EcstaticTrance wrote:
Well getting on an healthy diet with some superfood added in is a good idea (maca, spirulina, ginseng...). I haven't tried piracetam yet but Im experiencing a little bit with microdosing psychedelic (mushrooms in my case) and it really add a nice little something to thought process and creativity. And well if you want more of a boost I personally enjoy some ephedra if you're able to get ahold of it, it's not something I would make an habit of but for me it's pretty smooth if taken correctly and I never had any hangover with it like amphetamine do. Don't mix that with any MAOI though. But yeah plenty of rest and a healthy lifestyle is ideal and really do the trick at long term but it needs some dedication, throw a long partying night in your week and it's easy to lose it hehe. Good luck with that and I wish you plenty of energy!

MySmelf wrote:
Dante wrote:
I don't want to take amphetamines either, Im not a fan of this kind of substances and I think taking them daily would be a very bad idea.

EcstaticTrance wrote:
And well if you want more of a boost I personally enjoy some ephedra if you're able to get ahold of it, it's not something I would make an habit of but for me it's pretty smooth if taken correctly and I never had any hangover with it like amphetamine do.

Ephedrine is a substituted amphetamine, it has a methamphetamine structure with a hydroxyl group attached to its beta carbon.
Though this doesn't mean the effects are the same just thought you should know. Also if ephedrine is taken with caffeine it can have a rush just as strong as amphetamine.

I didnt really think about ephedra, thanks! Im sure that it's not as bad as amphetamines... I'll see if I can get some in my country Wink

EcstaticTrance: I tried spirulina few times and the last time I took it the areas behind my ears and knees swell up Shocked

Vodsel wrote:
You might also want to take a look at this thread.

Oh thanks, I had actually forgot about it!

Anyway, I would love to buy all the supplements that you guys posted, but this things are so damn expensive!

Dante
#14 Posted : 2/26/2012 10:19:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you guys know anything about NOOPEPT?

EcstaticTrance
#15 Posted : 2/28/2012 2:00:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MySmelf wrote:
Dante wrote:

EcstaticTrance wrote:

@EcstaticTrance - I've never had a hangover from amphetamine, is this common? I do usually smoke some weed on the comedown/crash to smooth it out though. Not that I do amphetamines often of course.

The only times I've did amphetamines it was in tablet form, so I don't really know if it was actually amphetamine or methamphetamine or some other stimulants but one sure thing is that it gave me the worsts hangovers ever, maybe it's my own personal chemistry but it messed me up pretty much and for a few days, but I guess Im pretty sensitive to it, one time I had really bad hands and legs cramps for a few days, having trouble playing guitar and even moving around. Ephedra for me is much more gentle and at times quite euphoric, but like I said before I wouldn't make that an habit, like you said it have similar structure to amphetamine and some people gets quite addicted to ephedrine tablet so it isn't worth the risk but with moderation it is definitively a nice plant to have around when you need a boost. I also see a difference between the effects of a caffeine tablet and the effect of a cup of coffee that contains pretty much the same amount of caffeine in terms of intensity so I guess it's also true with ephedrine tablet and having some ephedra.

@Dante well I think that spirulina allergy is something possible, and I've heard of people having reaction from taking too much for the first time, it is suggested to increase the dose gradually. Anyway, having a good alimentation sure is enough to give you the nutrients you need. You should try Yerba Mate and Guayusa too, it is quite stimulating, in a better way than coffee. I still prefer a cup of coffee when it comes to taste though. I don't think there's any magical solution at all, it's all about lifestyle and habits, physical and psychological health. Exercising sure is good too, but I still like to make myself a big smoothie in the morning with some maca, some spirulina, some ginseng and some guarana thrown in but if Im really tired nothing's like sleeping at all hehe.

Nootropics are interesting to me but I get pretty much lost reading on them since there's so much stuff around and people seems to advocate some complex combinations, if anyone know his share about the subject I'd like to hear a little bit more about these since even the efficiency of piracetam doesn't seems clear to me. Some saying that it's inactive, others that you must take it everyday, doses vary a lot and everything. I'd like to have some feedback about those from this community actually.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#16 Posted : 3/9/2012 6:30:46 PM

just some guy

There's a trick we gearheads use for Auto-X (cone-track amateur racing)... We take a large amount of water (I take a couple bottles of CytoMax too), fruit and trail mix (I add extra chocolate Very happy ), and munch on it throughout the day. It may not sound like much, but you really do get completely exhausted in every way under those conditions... It's a huge physical challenge, and requires absolute constant mental focus in a hard-to-grasp situation. Without that little boost, a drivers brain will fuzz out after a lap or two, and he'll be so rubbery he can't manage the car. It's even hard to maintain consciousness under G-force without the nutrients flowing!

The trick is not to let yourself get tired in the first place... if you keep yourself in a constant state of "Go" and can maintain it, you'll likely find that you can go all day without batting an eye. It helped me a lot when working 48 hour shifts.

Bancopuma
#17 Posted : 3/9/2012 6:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The combination of raw cocoa and maca powder in a morning smoothie does the trick for me. More tonics than stimulants but they definitely provide a lift, and without any crash, and both are very nutritious.

John Smith
#18 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Microdosing(1/8 to 1/4 tablet a day after a fatty meal) with L-deprenyl. After about a week it starts building up... I end up with this kind of subtle glowing energy throughout a day. I am very anti-pharma(don't even take tylenol) but this stuff seems un-intrusive and it's not a prescription drug. I did it for a bout 9 months then stopped - that was 2 years ago, did not experience anything negative afterwards. You can probably read a lot more about it on nootropic/anti-aging boards.

NOOPEPT is interesting ... I'm going to try that soon. I am vary of nootropic soup + tryptamines though.

From food sources... try thick and hot cocoa sludge - this stuff stimulates me better than coffee(and effect is much better anyway). Like 5 tablespoons of storebought cocoa mixed into half a cup without sugar. Just gotta man up up and chug it down while its hot. If you like that might wanna try "ceremonial cocao" which has much higher alkaloidal content.

INFORMATION
No input signal

Dante
#19 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I took maca with coffee for a week and I felt great! Very lucid and positive, with no particular change in the sexual sphere.
Although, I stopped taking everything (maca, coffee, chocolate, ...) yesterday and today I had a really rough day at work, with a light headache. Im not sure if it was because of maca or because of the intensive working rhythm of this last week.
Anyway, Ill be off any kind of psychoactive substances for a week (Im going to donate blood), so Ill let you know how it goes. I already know that it wont be easy working without any kind of "help", but it will do me good for sure and it will show me how subtly addictive these kind of substances are.

Bancopuma/John Smith: Im planning to buy some high quality cocoa, thanks for the tips!!

About the nontropics Im not too sure, I need to do some more research. I have a friend who is taking Noopept at the moment and Ill see how it goes with him.

Love and Light

Dante
#20 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By the way, I found this blog:
ceremonialcacao.blogspot.com
Wink

12NEXT