We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
2nd attempt at Ayahuasca analogue using Acacia maidenii bark & Syrian Rue Options

firedrum
#1 Posted : 2/23/2012 1:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The following report is a story told through the eyes of Youseff, a fictional character.

Introduction:
In preparing for this experience, I had abstained from high tyramine foods for 48 hours and food completely for 24 hours. I had also abstained from any mind altering substances for 48 hours.
I had 8g of ground Syrian rue & 60g of powdered Acacia maidenii bark between 2 people.
During my last attempt at creating an ayahuasca analogue, I had used 20g of bark, I had tripled the dose for today’s session but shredded the bark from a different tree. In comparison to my last batch, which appeared to have a greenish colour; this powder was much redder.

Set & setting:
I had set up the fire drum for today’s session and had 4 other friends over other than the 2 of us who were taking part in the ayahuasca. I felt I had enough support and experience to comfortably to be able to have a deep experience.

Preparation:
I had placed 60g of AMB suspended in 1L of tap water with 1/8 cup of vinegar on the previous night. I boiled this the next morning for just over an hour, agitating the mixture once in a while, till I was left with a small amount of potent liquid. I drained the liquid through a coffee filter and put the bark back into the pot. I repeated this step another 2 times. I had boiled the Syrian Rue for an hour and filtered and repeated once more. I did not reduce the brews after this step. The result was 1.5 cups of Rue and 1 very potent cup of AMB for each of us.

Result:
T+ 0:00: Drank the rue in 15 minutes
T+ 0:30: Began drinking the AMB, this would take 30 minutes.
T+ 0:50: I purged, but kept most of it in, continued drinking the remaining quarter of the cup.
T+ 1:30: After a few joints, the familiar hazy sensation was being felt, albeit slightly stronger this time. I was still feeling the brew disagree in my stomach, but without the need to purge. My friend hadn’t needed to purge but noted he didn’t feel any more euphoric than the previous session’s low dose.
T+ 2:00: My friend purged and noted he felt better, however had not felt the trip intensify.
T+ 3:00: We broke our fast on a packet of plain crackers. The haziness still persisted, albeit never having intensified.

The result of today’s sessions has left me wondering where I could have gone wrong. I had used bark from a different acacia then the previous session and three times as much; however the effects felt never seemed remarkably more intense. My friend noted that he hadn’t felt any different despite having purged himself and feeling a little sick afterwards.

Conclusion:
The first conclusion that I can come up with for today’s result is that I may have the wrong tree, or I have removed bark at a time of year which isn’t optimum for DMT yield. This is the most logical explanation I have come to think of. I was advised by someone of the unreliability of Acacia maidenii in yielding a high DMT content depending on a range of factors. I will aim at obtaining bark from species of Acacia obtusifolia or Acacia longifolia if I can find them. The belief that I felt more euphoric than the previous session had me slightly convinced that the species was correct, yet my friend had not felt any difference whatsoever. However, my sensation could be credited to experiencing a placebo. The fact that we both purged during the experience leads me to assume that the brew was strong enough, and if there was any DMT initially we should have felt it.
I decided not to increase the amount of water to vinegar ratio; keeping it at 32:1 respectively. I suspended the bark in the acid water solution overnight with the idea that plant cell material would break down and more alkaloids would be extracted over time. I was advised to try increasing the amount of water used, however I had decided to follow Ott’s recommendation of using only a small excess of water, perhaps this decision negatively influenced the result. Although, I was inconsistent in following Ott’s method as he also recommended not boiling for prolonged periods of time.
If there is to be a follow up experiment, I do not believe that simply increasing the amount of bark will produce the intended results. I pose the question for anyone reading this with more experience than I that if it is indeed the correct tree should I have felt more during this session? Is there a way for me to confirm that it has a high DMT yield before going through with making ayahuasca out of it? I also am reluctant to believe that my method of preparation was the reason I had not felt an intense experience. Although it was not consistent to any one particular recommended method, it was not so inconsistent from any single one of them.
Suggestions anyone??

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

firedrum
#2 Posted : 3/5/2012 3:10:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An update on this prac;
I had revisited the site where I obtained the source and took samples.
I identified the tree as Acacia melanoxylon, which contains DMT in bark and leaves but only 0.02%.
This species is similar in appearance to A.maidenii and is located throughout metropolitan Melbourne.
This was most likely the reason negative results were achieved in this experiment.
A key should be used once a possible source is located, so that your efforts aren't in vain.
Here is a link of the key (QLD) I used to identify the species, but there are many which can be found using your favourite search engine: http://riddellscreekland...org.au/Acacia%20key1.pdf
happy searching.

Chimp Z
#3 Posted : 5/20/2014 5:17:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is great!
Maybe use lemon or lime instead of vinegar next time.

Though it doesn't prevail as a potent source alone with rue, maybe incorporating it with other plants would be synergistic.

Have recently begun growing A. Melanoxylon so this is very exciting.

If it was A. Maidenii, my thought is:

At certain times in the season NMT is higher than DMT in concentration and beta carbolines also increase.

So maybe there was a NMT/Beta Carboline variety. NMT is not really visual ime.

Since you have tried it twice with the rue, give it a shot by itself and see if any effects remain...

Curb
#4 Posted : 5/20/2014 10:06:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, its nice to see a fellow australian. I was reading somewhere else on the forum that DMT:NMT ratio seems to be higher after a tree has flowered or produced seeds. Have you seen any obtusifolia in your area? i hear that grows over there too. Whereabouts did you get the bark from btw? i think lower is better, and you dont want to ringbark a tree or it will die. i wonder what the leaves or phylodes %age is, or if they would be suitable for consumption. ill be in acuminata land later this year, i cant wait.
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

DreaMTripper
#5 Posted : 5/20/2014 11:23:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phyllodes of the right strain are roughly 80:20 dmt:nmt. Absolutely no need to take any bark and harming the trees defence.
Just boil steadily for an hour in 70/30 alcohol/water then decant the brown gummy liquid and freeze the phyllodes in pH4 water overnight.
Thaw out and proceed to extraction using a tek of your choice keeping the phyllodes in the same water that they were thawed out in (lost count of the amount of times Ive said that on here now)
Look at page 9 of the acacia info thread for the attributes of the active A.longifolia strain.
Ive heard more good reports recently and the species is easily found. Tek used was apparently Cybs hybrid a-b with the alcohol washing and lysing steps done beforehand as outlined above.
Its a tek seen to be very effective with those extra steps taken before starting the main extraction.

The euphoria of the previous session could be attributed to the 4g of rue and small amount of DMT.