We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The lessons learnt Options

varun
#1 Posted : 12/19/2008 11:58:24 AM

jo_cosmic

I've read many peoples experiences on this forum with great interest. I, like many, feel that there are many things we can learn from the Spice. However, if someone were to ask what have you learnt from it that you can directly apply to your every day lives (in the five sensory perception of the world), what do you think you would say?

Personally I have learned that in the past I've fed my fears through my subordination to it. Spice taught me that although fear is a primal instinct, we live very unfulfilling lives when fear creates an imbalance in our judgement. This has had a great impact on my life as I feel more open and freer than what I used to. Of course you hear alot about not living in fear but the Spice showed me how it works. I cannot explain that aspect though as I would be left short of words to describe how it was done.

Anyways... others??? What are some lessons you have learnt from the infinite wisdom of Dimitri that you have directly applied to your everyday lives?
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tryptographer
#2 Posted : 12/19/2008 2:57:34 PM

tryptamine photographer

Yes, it's a great tool to learn to handle fear, fear is a drag!

To me, first-hand experience of hyperspace was proof that consciousness isn't constrained to a solid body, and this everyday life is just a tiny slice of total reality. Death doesn't exist... the universe is bigger and infinitely more strange, deep and complex than imaginable... that's a relief! That realization alone is worth hundreds of psychotherapy sessions Pleased

moracca
#3 Posted : 12/19/2008 10:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT showed me that I need to quit smoking cigarettes, so i'd say thats something. Its teaching method of choice involved directing me to get up in the middle of a dmt trip and walk half way through my town on a trek to go find cigarettes, completely unable to stop walking in that direction. As I began coming down, I could actually see this force (cigarettes) pulling me to the gas station, and thats not something I'm ok with. Smile

islandhome
#4 Posted : 12/20/2008 3:02:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats funny cigss it really does not what me doing and iv preaty much quit
if i fall of the train and smoke more than one in a week
the next time i do dmt a very pissed spirit will harsh me baddly
and deffintly fear as well
though i still have to work through it
it made a point of showing thats its not worth living if your
fear stops you from doing so
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

Nanaki
#5 Posted : 12/20/2008 4:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT showed SWIM, without any doubt, not to take expectations into the experience. Sure, one may want to see something, but it won't be in the way they expect. The elves are powerful in their realm.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

varun
#6 Posted : 12/20/2008 5:37:37 AM

jo_cosmic

moracca wrote:
DMT showed me that I need to quit smoking cigarettes, so i'd say thats something. Its teaching method of choice involved directing me to get up in the middle of a dmt trip and walk half way through my town on a trek to go find cigarettes, completely unable to stop walking in that direction. As I began coming down, I could actually see this force (cigarettes) pulling me to the gas station, and thats not something I'm ok with. Smile

Yeah that's a pretty good outcome. Good on ya for quitting cigi's.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

shoe
#7 Posted : 12/22/2008 6:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moracca wrote:

SWIM got something very simmelar on LSD; but it was more like a "time doesn't exist" kind of trip, where everything was just balancing on a knifedge, resting, for a moment,...
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!