We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mantus Garden Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 2/14/2012 2:08:16 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

So i have got a little garden that has been going for a couple weeks now. A lot of seeds are popping through, so i thought id get some pics today to share.

My First Baby Mimosa H.

Some Syrian Rue, Which By the way, if any one has had good success with this one, some help would be great. I have grown before but have had the problem, with it Harding off.

You can't see most of them, cuz they are still hiding under the soil.

Last but not least, some Cat nips and Cat grass for our 5 Cats Smile

We also have some other herbs, and veggies growing, which we are so looking forward to eating.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

drishti
#2 Posted : 2/14/2012 2:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gorgeous little garden, Mantus Smile It must be great to see them grow...
Thanks for sharing Smile

3rdI
#3 Posted : 2/14/2012 3:21:41 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Now this is what its all about, growing your own entheogens is the future, if i had the climate i would love to have a little garden full of goodies.

I hope they do well Doc.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 2/21/2012 9:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
if i had the climate i would love to have a little garden full of goodies.

i grow cacti in ak in the wintertime Razz
just grow some indoor plants that dont take much room, you can squeeze by with a cheap little 20w fluorescent + window light
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 2/27/2012 11:14:47 PM

Just a Photo update, and some new growers.

Mimosa H. Progress

Cat nips and lettuce are growing great and happy.

Cat nip Seeds from Hawaii, These things grow like a weed.

My Rue Still having troubles with it, but working with different conditions.

Morning glories, always fun.

Three veggies, herbs, Arugula, more lettuce, and an Asian herb i dont remember the name to right now.

Celery

Last but not least, Stephanotis, this pot actually had something else but some how this got in it and popped.
Beautiful flower that blooms off a vine, traditionally used in wedding for those who don't know.

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

xantho
#6 Posted : 2/29/2012 8:56:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow Doc everything is looking beautiful, especially the Mimosa! Very happy What light setup are you using?

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 2/29/2012 4:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Doc, Thank you for sharing. Wonderful photos. Its obvious you have a green thumb, all of the little fellows in your pictures look very healthy. They appear to be thriving.

Nice!

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

DoctorMantus
#8 Posted : 2/29/2012 10:15:12 PM

xantho wrote:
Wow Doc everything is looking beautiful, especially the Mimosa! Very happy What light setup are you using?

Thank you i have been giving my mimosa, some shrimp soaked water it has been very happy.Smile
I have 4 Grow light bulbs, that are like a flood lamp size, and i got them at walmart, they pr educe a good amount of heat.
And on the top shelf i have a maybe 400w vegetation light, for popping seeds and growing babies ofcourse.

Ice House wrote:
Doc, Thank you for sharing. Wonderful photos. Its obvious you have a green thumb, all of the little fellows in your pictures look very healthy. They appear to be thriving.

Nice!

Lol thanks ice house, I do have a green thumb, but i certainly couldn't take all the credit, it is really my GF she's got two green thumbs.

— Terence McKenna

DoctorMantus
#9 Posted : 3/1/2012 1:33:24 AM

Smile
— Terence McKenna

DoctorMantus
#10 Posted : 3/1/2012 10:28:23 PM

First signs of syrian rues next growth.

More lettuce

Heres a shot of my second shelf. Smile

Some random cactus just for fun.

And our Plumerias We are currently trying to revive. In the upper left is a gourd i grew, and now its in the drying process to make an instrument.Smile
— Terence McKenna

Dante
#11 Posted : 3/1/2012 11:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, being self sufficient is the way to go!
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Vodsel
#12 Posted : 3/1/2012 11:28:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

The baby rues look very nice Smile

Once you have them started, the hardest is through. Beautiful work, Doctor. Makes me want to find a camera and do the same with mine.

DoctorMantus
#13 Posted : 3/1/2012 11:48:11 PM

Vodsel wrote:
The baby rues look very nice Smile

Once you have them started, the hardest is through. Beautiful work, Doctor. Makes me want to find a camera and do the same with mine.

Please do if you have a pic of yours you would like to share go for it. Smile
— Terence McKenna

DoctorMantus
#14 Posted : 3/6/2012 11:19:47 PM

Mimosa Progress. I Believe it is reaching the stage were the first two leaves die and fall off.

My rues are getting strong. Smile

— Terence McKenna