We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Plugging DMT. A definitive thread? Options

SomewhatLost
#1 Posted : 2/13/2012 4:22:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I've been attempting to give my significant other a breakthrough for the past few months with very limited success. I was fortunate enough to receive a breakthrough myself on 11/11/11, but I've had no luck in recreating the experience either in myself or my SO. We've tried a number of different methods. I can get mild effects from smoking, some very interesting visuals and a trippy headspace for about 10 minutes or so if I use changa. My SO gets pretty much zero effects from smoking, and if she smokes a substantial amount of changa, she gets rather ill.

We've both gotten rather nice effects from oral DMT, but she'll typically throw up from larger doses. This past weekend, we both took ~250mg Jungle Spice about 1.5 hours after dosing 350mg harmine and 60mg THH each. Neither of us got any nausea from the harmine/THH, but we both got stomach pains when the DMT laden jello hit our stomachs. I should let you know that I mixed the DMT with citric acid and water before adding it to the jello so that the DMT would be converted to a citrate. I was able to get through the stomach pain without much problem, but my SO vomited shortly after. In spite of me being able to keep down the 250mg of jungle spice, I didn't receive much in terms of effects. Probably about 3 hours after dosing, we both started feeling a rather nice MDMA type buzz. It was very pleasant, but not at all what I was expecting. I was also shocked that my SO and I seemed to be experiencing very similar effects when it seemed to me that she vomited before the DMT would have a chance to absorb.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that we've tried a number of different methods of administration. I believed that extracted and cleaned Jungle Spice and harmine would be the best way to avoid nausea and purging, but it seems to be hit and miss. I would REALLY love to be able to provide my SO with a breakthrough this year. I have been and will continue to be patient, I know this isn't something to be rushed. However, I'd very much be interested in finding a way for her to be able to keep down a larger dose, which is why I'd like to learn more about plugging. I've done quite a bit of searching regarding plugging DMT, but I've found very little definitive information and lots of conflicting information. I can't find much in terms of whether MAO inhibition is really necessary (or even beneficial). I haven't found the best form of DMT to use for plugging and the best way to avoid nasty burning.

Might we be able to put together a definitive thread regarding DMT plugging? Does such a thread already exist? Any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Global
#2 Posted : 2/13/2012 9:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

First off, I don't know what you mean by plugging so I can't help you there.

Secondly, it's to be expected that even if you take a number of precautionary steps, you still run the risk of getting nauseous from oral DMT. Vomiting goes with the territory, so if you can't come to terms with that, then you probably shouldn't be taking it orally. Keeping it down for an hour is sufficient to receive substantial effects in my experience. I'm not surprised you both experienced similar effects, but I am surprised that it wasn't stronger for either of you. Your dosages seem that they should be more than sufficient. Next time (if) you take oral DMT and you don't find yourself having gone as far as you'd like to go, just smoke some DMT, and a hit or two should be more than enough to get you well underway.

I've noticed when administering spice to both others that for a lot of people (myself included) DMT sensitivity seems to go up overtime. The more you do it, the easier it is to get further. I'd imagine one good explanation for this is neuroplasticity. The more connections you make with new experiences, the easier those neural connections become to reactivate. Also keep in mind that all these low end experiences you are going through can very easily be more useful than you may recognize. You're getting used to the body/head space and a variety of potential effects. While it may seem a bit boring or lame, these experiences maybe the only things standing in between completely freaking out or just letting DMT do its thing when it really ends up hitting hard. Many rush to the breakthrough, and then when it finally comes, they freeze up in fear, start resisting, and resistance will not only hold you back from the true gems that hyperspace has to offer, but it's not very effective at actually stopping things from happening anyway.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

SomewhatLost
#3 Posted : 2/13/2012 9:52:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
First off, I don't know what you mean by plugging so I can't help you there.

Secondly, it's to be expected that even if you take a number of precautionary steps, you still run the risk of getting nauseous from oral DMT. Vomiting goes with the territory, so if you can't come to terms with that, then you probably shouldn't be taking it orally. Keeping it down for an hour is sufficient to receive substantial effects in my experience. I'm not surprised you both experienced similar effects, but I am surprised that it wasn't stronger for either of you. Your dosages seem that they should be more than sufficient. Next time (if) you take oral DMT and you don't find yourself having gone as far as you'd like to go, just smoke some DMT, and a hit or two should be more than enough to get you well underway.

I've noticed when administering spice to both others that for a lot of people (myself included) DMT sensitivity seems to go up overtime. The more you do it, the easier it is to get further. I'd imagine one good explanation for this is neuroplasticity. The more connections you make with new experiences, the easier those neural connections become to reactivate. Also keep in mind that all these low end experiences you are going through can very easily be more useful than you may recognize. You're getting used to the body/head space and a variety of potential effects. While it may seem a bit boring or lame, these experiences maybe the only things standing in between completely freaking out or just letting DMT do its thing when it really ends up hitting hard. Many rush to the breakthrough, and then when it finally comes, they freeze up in fear, start resisting, and resistance will not only hold you back from the true gems that hyperspace has to offer, but it's not very effective at actually stopping things from happening anyway.

Thanks for the advice, Global. Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with the nausea, my SO does. I've vomited when trying some ayahuasca analogs, but I'm quite sure that was due to the tannins and not due to the harmalas or DMT as when I've taken them in extracted form, I've never had any issues.

As for plugging, I guess I should have been more clear in that regard. I'm referring to anal/rectal administration. I've searched all over the Nexus and elsewhere and I can find very little definitive information on it. Many people will say that an MAOI is unnecessary, while others say it's vital. Also, I've heard a number of different ways of preparation, such as mixing with oil or butter or by mixing it with water and acid to get the DMT into its salt form.

And I can't really say whether my sensitivity to DMT is going up or down. I do believe that I have a fairly high tolerance to the stuff as I required 400+mgs for my breakthrough, but my experiences afterward have been really hit or miss. I will say that I just only recently had a significant experience using smoked DMT (changa). Up until last week I had only been able to get negligible effects from smoked DMT. I do think that I'm being patient, it's just frustrating to have such wildly inconsistent experiences. I appreciate all the experiences, but it's so odd really never knowing what I'll get at a certain dose. I've never had a bad experience with DMT, although my breakthrough did get fairly scary for a while (but it was the most rewarding of all).

However, I'm not really concerned with myself, even though my experiences are varied, I have little problem getting good, yet inconsistent results from oral DMT. My SO, on the other hand, isn't so lucky. I'd imagine that she'd have better luck with plugging, I just have very little solid information on it. I'd hate to prepare her a DMT enema only to have it be far too basic or far too acidic and have it hurt like hell. Perhaps this thread (or another) could be used to include as much solid information pertaining to rectal administration as possible? You'd think if there were a place for it, DMT Nexus would be it.

Anyway, thanks for the response. You've provided me quite a bit of helpful information in the past.

tobecomeone00
#4 Posted : 2/13/2012 9:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry, but a dmt ritual wouldn't be near as wonderful if I had to spend 7 minutes trying to stick a capsule up my ass...lol....what's wrong with smoking it or swallowing it???
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

a1pha
#5 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:01:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

tobecomeone00 wrote:
I'm sorry, but a dmt ritual wouldn't be near as wonderful if I had to spend 7 minutes trying to stick a capsule up my ass...lol....what's wrong with smoking it or swallowing it???

What's wrong with rectal ROA? It can be very effective for those with sensitive stomachs. Different strokes for different folks.

As for plugging, you might consider an MAOI regardless. While not necessary, it should prolong and expand the overall trip. I would suggest drinking the MAOI about half-an-hour before plugging the DMT. Also, for good measure, I'd make sure to clean the rectal cavity for maximum absorption.

Good luck!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

SomewhatLost
#6 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:10:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
tobecomeone00 wrote:

What's wrong with rectal ROA? It can be very effective for those with sensitive stomachs. Different strokes for different folks.

As for plugging, you might consider an MAOI regardless. While not necessary, it should prolong and expand the overall trip. I would suggest drinking the MAOI about half-an-hour before plugging the DMT. Also, for good measure, I'd make sure to clean the rectal cavity for maximum absorption.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice a1pha. Yeah, i definitely intend to use it with an MAOI, I figure why not. Can you give me any other advice on this method of administration? Should I mix the freebase with a fat of some kind? Water and acid? I assume I should get the ph as close to neutral as possible to avoid burning, but I don't know how effective it would be that way. I think this could be the key to providing my SO the breakthrough we've been looking for, I'd just like to be as knowledgeable as possible beforehand.

SomewhatLost
#7 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:12:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:

I don't have an issue with smoking it, but I've never gotten significant effects from just smoking DMT. My SO has gotten pretty much zero effects from smoking DMT and while she has gotten good effects from oral DMT, she also typically gets a significant amount of nausea.

I would think that plugging might be the best route for her as it would overcome a lot of the obstacles we've been facing in pursuit of a breakthrough.

۩
#8 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:13:55 PM

To each their own.

Plugging is a great way to get in a bunch of harmalas and mescaline with zero nausea for example.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:18:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00, just so you know, indigenous people also use substances intrarectally.... Not that this is an argument for or against it, because you do what you feel like, but just saying that its not a new idea or something that we necessarily have to think of as a negative thing. That would be mostly because of tabboo, I think.

Anyways, back to the topic. Ive never plugged because I didnt feel the need, so I cant help you from experience. Im sure there were other threads about it, a search resulted in these threads, maybe they are of help:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=267187#post267187
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=241295#post241295
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=286055#post286055

I could try giving you a few pointers on your other methods though. As for your smoking method, how are you trying to do that? The absolute best IME is the GVG + torch lighter.. Its worlds away from all other methods I tried. Smoking DMT can possibly create nasty combustion byproducts that might even be toxic (maybe thats why your SO is feeling sick after smoking a lot of changa). With the GVG you can breakthrough with one or two hits and its very smooth vapor! Its really hard to describe how completely different ball game it is. If you cant afford that (though its VERY worth it), maybe try building something like the Inspirator MkII (instructions in the wiki or search the forum). Anyways I bet you and gf are having mild trips because of your smoking method.

As for oral use, you can try a couple of things. You can try taking some 5-10 drops of essential lemon oil and/or eating some ginger (not making tea, have to eat the ginger otherwise you lose the actives you want) will significantly reduce nausea. Also I would try consuming half the harmalas before and half together with your DMT, and maybe not wait so long in between. Also another thing I think you shoudl try is taking a caapi brew with your extracted DMT instead of with these harmalas (which I suppose you bought them from a certain supplier which has a history of bad business practices if I guess right who it is). If you do a caapi brew without adding any acid, brewing with low fire and not reducing much, it wont be too bad tasting, you can add some honey to help too. Also take the lemon oil/ginger to help with nausea. And IME its more effective than taking pharma with pure harmalas for some reason.

a1pha
#10 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:19:27 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

SomewhatLost wrote:
Can you give me any other advice on this method of administration? Should I mix the freebase with a fat of some kind?

I suggest diluting the DMT freebase in a small amount of saline solution (~10mL). Then, administer the solution and plug. Also, you might first consider flushing the system with epsom salt. To do this, mix two tablespoons of magnesium sulfate with about 12 oz water. Drink ALL of it. Drink lots of water after and eat no food. The next day, once everything is flushed, plug.

GL!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

endlessness
#11 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:23:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh another thing i forgot. Maybe your jungle spice has some solvent trapped in it and thats partly responsible for your feeling of pain/discomfort in your stomach. Redissolve it in grain alcohol and let it evaporate again to help removing trapped solvent

SomewhatLost
#12 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:29:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
tobecomeone00, just so you know, indigenous people also use substances intrarectally.... Not that this is an argument for or against it, because you do what you feel like, but just saying that its not a new idea or something that we necessarily have to think of as a negative thing. That would be mostly because of tabboo, I think.

Anyways, back to the topic. Ive never plugged because I didnt feel the need, so I cant help you from experience. Im sure there were other threads about it, a search resulted in these threads, maybe they are of help:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=267187#post267187
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=241295#post241295
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=286055#post286055

I could try giving you a few pointers on your other methods though. As for your smoking method, how are you trying to do that? The absolute best IME is the GVG + torch lighter.. Its worlds away from all other methods I tried. Smoking DMT can possibly create nasty combustion byproducts that might even be toxic (maybe thats why your SO is feeling sick after smoking a lot of changa). With the GVG you can breakthrough with one or two hits and its very smooth vapor! Its really hard to describe how completely different ball game it is. If you cant afford that (though its VERY worth it), maybe try building something like the Inspirator MkII (instructions in the wiki or search the forum). Anyways I bet you and gf are having mild trips because of your smoking method.

As for oral use, you can try a couple of things. You can try taking some 5-10 drops of essential lemon oil and/or eating some ginger (not making tea, have to eat the ginger otherwise you lose the actives you want) will significantly reduce nausea. Also I would try consuming half the harmalas before and half together with your DMT, and maybe not wait so long in between. Also another thing I think you shoudl try is taking a caapi brew with your extracted DMT instead of with these harmalas (which I suppose you bought them from a certain supplier which has a history of bad business practices if I guess right who it is). If you do a caapi brew without adding any acid, brewing with low fire and not reducing much, it wont be too bad tasting, you can add some honey to help too. Also take the lemon oil/ginger to help with nausea. And IME its more effective than taking pharma with pure harmalas for some reason.

Thanks so much for the advice. My smoking method is pretty crude, and I'm sure that has something to do with it. Basically I just mix the DMT with some bud and smoke it in a water pipe. I tried to make a basic vaporizer with a light bulb and it didn't turn out so well. I've gotten decent effects from it, but nothing approaching a breakthrough. I've heard nothing but good things about the vapor genie, so I'll probably be picking one up shortly. I think you've convinced me in that regard.

I've given her ginger in the past, but this last time around I just had her drink some ginger ale. I'm guessing, as you suggest, that the whole ginger is much more effective. This past weekend, I gave her ~350mgs harmalas early in the morning and another ~100 in the DMT jello. That might seem like an awful lot, but we both seem to have a very high tolerance for harmine/harmaline. I most likely purchased the harmalas from the supplier you're thinking of, but I find the harmalas I extract from rue to be pretty much the same. I can tell you that I don't think either myself or my SO will be drinking any ayahuasca type brews. I wish I was capable, but I simply find the taste wretched. If I'm unable to get it down, I know my SO won't be able to. I wouldn't mind taking the extracted alkaloids, but as you mention, that doesn't seem to be as effective.

Anyways, thanks again. All this information should be rather useful.

SomewhatLost
#13 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:32:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Oh another thing i forgot. Maybe your jungle spice has some solvent trapped in it and thats partly responsible for your feeling of pain/discomfort in your stomach. Redissolve it in grain alcohol and let it evaporate again to help removing trapped solvent

I did do one redissolve in grain alcohol and then spread out the jungle spice in a glass bowl to make sure that all the solvent was gone, but I know that a little bit remains as d-limonene doesn't evaporate completely. I didn't think it would be a problem because it's just orange oil, but maybe that's the case. I did find it a bit odd that I typically don't get any stomach pain from DMT at all and this past time we both did. I'll try to clean it up a bit better next time around.

SomewhatLost
#14 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:35:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
SomewhatLost wrote:
Can you give me any other advice on this method of administration? Should I mix the freebase with a fat of some kind?

I suggest diluting the DMT freebase in a small amount of saline solution (~10mL). Then, administer the solution and plug. Also, you might first consider flushing the system with epsom salt. To do this, mix two tablespoons of magnesium sulfate with about 12 oz water. Drink ALL of it. Drink lots of water after and eat no food. The next day, once everything is flushed, plug.

GL!

That's exactly the information I'm looking for! Thanks! I have a couple of questions, though. Because the DMT will be in freebase form, will the burning be particularly bad? Would mixing it with an acid help resolve that issue? Would one dose similarly to if one were dosing for oral administration? Have you tried this in the past to some success?

MMPA
#15 Posted : 5/19/2012 1:48:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been particularly interested in this ROA for DMT. I know that many DMT-related RC's and psilocybin/psilocin work rectally very well with quick results but I have no answer for n,n-DMT. If I were ever to stumble upon DMT, I would be up for trying this. My recommendation would be to convert the DMT to salt form and then administering it but I have no solid foundation for this basis.

Parshvik Chintan
#16 Posted : 5/19/2012 4:16:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SomewhatLost wrote:
Thanks so much for the advice. My smoking method is pretty crude, and I'm sure that has something to do with it. Basically I just mix the DMT with some bud and smoke it in a water pipe. I tried to make a basic vaporizer with a light bulb and it didn't turn out so well. I've gotten decent effects from it, but nothing approaching a breakthrough. I've heard nothing but good things about the vapor genie, so I'll probably be picking one up shortly. I think you've convinced me in that regard.

you might want to check out the Key V2
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!