We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Third Voyage... The hole where I puked and died. Options

SammaSam
#1 Posted : 2/13/2012 4:26:04 AM

ฯ† โ‰ก (1+โˆš5)/2 โ‰ก Me

Voyage number: 003
Voyage Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Good, slightly nervous since this was my first time doing it alone
(physical condition) Set: Fantastic
Setting (location): Dimly lit cabin in the woods
time of day: Roughly 9:00pm
recent drug use: None since last DMT voyage 6 days earlier
last meal: Roughly 6pm, roasted potatoes and some fruit

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 113kg
known sensitivities: None
history of use: Third voyage

BIOASSAY
Substance(s): DMT crystal
Dose(s): Unknown, clearing whatever was left in the screen in GVG
Method of administration: GVG

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00
Duration: T=0:15:00
First effects: T=0:00:30
Peak: T=0:01:15
Come down: T=0:10:00-0:15:00
Baseline: T=0:15:00

Intensity (overall): 4, reality replaced
Evaluation / notes:

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 0, can't really say it was pleasant. It was definitely interesting.
Implesantness: 3, I would have given it a 4 if I had actually died.
Visual Intensity: 3.5, not the most color I've encountered but very very visual

AFTER-EFFECTS
Hangover: 1, which I'll chalk up to being scared and confused
Afterglow: 0

So, yeah... this was pretty interesting. I had been planning on taking a few days to be alone in the mountains for a couple months and my getaway was finally here. I drove about 3 hours away from the city and checked into a small but nicely appointed log cabin on a small mountain. The place itself was great, and was the perfect setting for my first ever Aya journey which would be taking place two nights later when my best friend came up to be my sitter. It looked like this:

I got there and got checked in at about 4pm, got unpacked, made some dinner while listening to some Terence McKenna and then meditated for a few hours. Getting pretty deep was reasonably easy - without the prospect for distraction, I was able to relax and let go pretty well. I calmed my senses and breathing/heart rate and felt great... so this was obviously time to smoke some DMT, right?

I was definitely a little nervous just because this was my first time with DMT by myself. My previous two journeys (see history below) had both been very intense and had both taken place with friends around me for support if I needed it. This was different - if anything bad happened then I was screwed. Not that I thought anything bad would happen, but it was kind of like riding a bike with the training wheels off for the first time. Confident, but cautious.

Instead of loading more crystals into the GVG, I decided to do some cleanup. This pipe had been used about 10 times so far, and I had watched several of my friends take half-hits and basically just melt the crystals into the stainless mesh beneath it. I was convinced that there was a ton of DMT locked inside the mesh, which turned out to be correct. Since I did this, there's really no way of knowing what quantity of DMT made it into my lungs but it was a BIG hit for me. Biggest of the three so far by a mile. I took in a full chamber in one swoop and felt the urge to cough... which I stifled but not without feeling a little queasy. Holding in the hit, I felt my stomach turn a little bit as I began to feel my pulse intensify inside my skull. Thump, thump, THUMP... I exhale...

Familiar territory again to start, fractal 2D patterns for about 20 seconds and then cartoon Alchemy land... but this time something is different. The best way I can describe it is that someone other than me is present with me while I'm looking at this 2D surface, and he starts talking to me. He says "you want to see how it works? I'll show you." and then it gets REALLY weird. All of a sudden I see this glowing red orb...

and it's vibrating and making this loud WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA oscillating sound which is causing visual echoes to come off of it, like the circular waves on the surface of a pond when you throw a rock in it. It's loud and I feel a pulling force coming from it, like it's attracting me to it with gravity, or like I'm made of metal and it's a strong magnet. The force is also fluctuating/vibrating with the sound, but only slightly. The voice says "It does this." which I take as meaning the orb makes the vibration/force. Then the voice says "And then it does this."

the orb turns around and the other side is blue, which is also vibrating/pulsing and also has a force, but the "note" of the sound it's making/vibrating is higher (a perfect 5th) than the red orb sound. It sits there for a moment going WAWAWAWAWAWAWA and the voice says "See? It does this and then this." and it turns around to the red side again. "This, then this." Every time the voice says "this", the orb shows its other side to me and the vibration/force changes. Then the voice says "See what it's doing? When you look at it this way it does this <change> and if you look at it the other way it does this <change>. That's how it works, that's what it does."

I get an eerie feeling like I've seen this before and that I know the person who's talking to me but I can't place it. The eerie feeling turns to nausea and I feel like I'm going to puke. I immediately open my eyes and attempt to stand... I'm still VERY messed up. I manage to get on my feet and head for the bathroom a few steps away. As I stumble in the darkness and into the pitch black bathroom, the cabin becomes a dark forest...

It's dark and green and I get a distinct sense of deja vu... I have done this before... about to vomit, stumbling in the woods... I sink to the floor and crawl to the toilet in the pitch dark, and hug the rim of the bowl. Then, it transforms. The toilet that I'm holding onto sinks into the ground and becomes the forest floor, twigs, leaves, and everything - and I'm now on all fours lowering my face towards a dark, wet hole in the ground:

I have done this before. Not in this life, but at some point, I staggered through the dark forest, gagging and holding back my last bit of life, only to lower my face into a dark pit and vomit with my last gasping breath. I decide I'm not ready to die and look away, up toward the faint light penetrating the dark forest... it slowly dissolves to reveal the bathroom doorway and the dresser beyond... It's over. I live to fight another day.

I haul my swimming head back to the couch and sit down, awestruck and amazed. The sheer familiarity of that experience in the forest and of the vibrating orbs haunts me as I shake off the body load for a few minutes. What was that? Some primordial vision encoded in my subconscious? A past life peeking through the veil? Two past lives? I have no idea, but I know one thing for sure after DMT round three... This ain't my first go 'round at being alive and the physical universe sure as hell ain't everything it appears to be...

Voyage History
Jan 25, 2012
Feb 01, 2012

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tryptographer
#2 Posted : 2/15/2012 10:29:00 PM

tryptamine photographer

That's an exceptional and really beautifully illustrated report, thanks!

Quote:
What was that? Some primordial vision encoded in my subconscious? A past life peeking through the veil? Two past lives? I have no idea, but I know one thing for sure after DMT round three... This ain't my first go 'round at being alive and the physical universe sure as hell ain't everything it appears to be...

Yes, it's opening up channels in our consciousness we had no idea existed, and there is no Undo button, there is no "I wish I'd never done that'. The sheer in-your-face reality of it can be hard to swallow... take time to integrate!

SammaSam
#3 Posted : 2/16/2012 3:36:21 AM

ฯ† โ‰ก (1+โˆš5)/2 โ‰ก Me

tryptographer wrote:
there is no "I wish I'd never done that'

I'm right there with you, and thanks! I haven't regretted my move toward DMT for a second since my first voyage a month ago. To me, this isn't a recreational "drug" or anything of the sort... This is definitely a spiritual gateway, some sort of practical demonstration of what lies beyond if we only have the courage to take a look. It's unpredictable and scary and ugly and beautiful and mesmerizing and paradoxical and reality-altering and I REALLY dig it Smile

And, thanks Trav for the move to the Quality section... I try to bring back what I can!

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

vardlokkur
#4 Posted : 2/16/2012 4:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, is it common for one to become nauseous on larger hits? I'm building up to take some cannon hits and wondering if I should prepare myself with some sort of bucket. Was it highly uncomfortable while puking on a peak like that?
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

SammaSam
#5 Posted : 2/16/2012 4:32:49 AM

ฯ† โ‰ก (1+โˆš5)/2 โ‰ก Me

I never actually booted, I think the nausea was because I stifled the cough (which means I basically swallowed some air/vapor into my stomach) and it made me feel ill. Then I was out and didn't feel sick until I came back to life and stumbled for the bathroom. The quality of the smoke was definitely harsher than the previous times simply as a function of me smoking whatever was trapped in the GVG and not adding any new crystals. It was probably hotter than what I've taken in before but it's hard to say. The vapor was definitely THICK when it took it in. If I was going to take that route again I'd split it into two hits. I still haven't done that yet but I think I would have time for two hits before I succumb to the force...

onethousandk
#6 Posted : 2/20/2012 5:42:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report. I love the addition of images. Definitely helps me get into your head space. My experience with DMT is very limited, but on more than one occasion I've had a mushroom trip that felt intensely familiar. I suddenly wondered how many times I had done mushrooms because it suddenly felt like it had been many, many more times than I actually had.

SammaSam
#7 Posted : 2/22/2012 10:44:53 AM

ฯ† โ‰ก (1+โˆš5)/2 โ‰ก Me

Thanks! I think adding the images helps me to remember the trip when I go back and read them, I'm using my posts here as a journey log of sorts Smile

I completely feel you on the "I've done this before" feeling - I get the same thing with mushrooms as well. Personally, I attribute the feeling to being more in touch with Oneness when using entheogens. I never put much stock into the "ancient racial record encoded in our DNA" theory until this trip... Now I feel like there's definitely some sort of link between past lives (or the lives of "other beings" ) that gets separated or masked when we are born here. The deja vu-esque familiarity of that experience of stumbling through the woods was so intense, it was like I rewound my consciousness back past my birth and into the end of a previous life as an animal. Totally effin' weird.

I haven't hit the pipe again since then, and that was two weeks ago... I have to admit I'm a little nervous about next time but also excited. The unpredictable nature of DMT is the thing I find most exciting about it - I told my buddy it's like extreme sports for the mind Wink