We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any people with ADD/ADHD? Experinces. Options

smoakland
#1 Posted : 2/12/2012 6:00:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello my friends. I'm new to the forum. I have been recently offered to try DMT from a good friend of mine. I've done my research and I'm almost ready to take my journey However I happen to have a mild case of ADD. I tend to get very distracted,day dream and have impulsive behavior at times. I've been living with this ever since
I was a kid. I'm 34 now. I took Lithium in my teenage years,but it only made me paranoid,and currently do not take meds.

I've smoked weed for over 18 years but never took any type of hallucinogenic. Could DMT possibly aid me ADD? Make it worse?

Would love to get some more insight from any ADD/ADHD users.

smoak

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

vawksel
#2 Posted : 2/14/2012 1:21:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First, if you're taking any anphetamines or ADD meds, you should smoke freebase DMT only, and not Changa or Enhanced leaf. Refer to the FAQ on this site and search for "MAOI" with your browser on that page for more information. Here is a link to that page.

DMT didn't make my ADD symptoms worse. What it did do though is make me realize that something was wrong with me, because when I was on an ayahuasca trip one time, it kept telling me "you're sick, you're sick, you're sick, something is wrong, you have to figure this out".

ADD is very tricky. Many people think they have it, get diagnosed with it, get medicated for it, and even see benefit from the meds, but actually aren't truly "ADD". I leave out ADHD indicating hyper-activeness and instead purely refer to ADD, or ADHD-i (inattentive subtype). I was one of those people.

It took me a year of work on myself to figure out that the foods I ate were messing up my brain. Once I finally removed gluten, dairy, corn and legumes from my diet, at the age of 33, my life long inattentive ADD vanished as well as a bunch of other big changes.

* Focus is great now, I can work for an hour on the same task and can also meditate and clear my head of thoughts. The ADD meds gave me focus but it was more crude, like I'm being pushed to do the work, not having my mind gracefully handle what's in front of me as it does now.
* Blood pressure from 180/90 -> 120/65
* General anxiety nearly gone. I used to sit at home worrying about everything and anything. Now my head is clear and I can meditate.
* Social anxiety nearly gone. I couldn't order a pizza on the phone, now I can talk to strangers on the street.
* Unconsciously stopped biting my fingernails after having done so for 28 years, only 4 days off the gluten.
* Visualization abilities gained. I could never picture say, a horse, in my minds eye. Nor could I visualize angles on a pool-table. Now I can do both of those things.
* My vision is nearly 2x as clear in two ways. 1) I can see textures on clothing and surfaces from long distances I couldn't before. 2) I'm consciously aware of more things at the same time and in the case of driving by a tree, so much more information is coming into my brain and overall this makes the world feel more "3d".
* My thoughts are clearer, come faster and can be more complex. I'm a programmer and my abilities in this field have subjectively doubled.
* I can read other peoples emotions, which came with the clear vision. When I see someone else talking now, I'm reading between what they are saying, and getting an idea of who they are, how they see the world, etc. This makes me feel at ease because I feel more comfortable knowing the other persons intentions. I think the social anxiety came from the lack of being able to "read people". It's like I was in the dark before when talking to someone else even though the lights were on.
* I can handle my own emotions much better. I'm not angry all the time and when I get upset, I can calm myself down and then take actions to resolve the underlying problem.

I did DMT both when I had and was diagnosed "ADD" and after I figured out the underlying cause of my problems. My trips before were always very non-visual, and if there were visuals, generally blurry, unable to remember nearly anything other than my feelings. Now my trips are more like what everyone describes. Bright visuals, more colors, I can see more, I am more consciously aware of what's going on, even If I had forgotten I did DMT. It's like I am even more awake in that "realm".

I did mushrooms while on my Vyvanse ADD meds, I don't remember it being better or worse because of it. I read reports on shroomery.org about other people with ADD using meds and taking shroom trips.

Go for it, smoalk the DMT, and go do some research on your food :-) You can PM me if you want some more info.

Rootman
#3 Posted : 6/9/2013 11:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. I was searching the net for some information of taking dmt while having add or adhd, I'm not sure if i have anything of it but my concentration and focus is very bad.
So i found your thread from 2010 when you talked about your lack of focus and that you couldn't concentrate on dmt either.
And this stuff about your diet really sounded interesting! I never thought about it before!
Well I haven't tried your diet yet, cause i just read this, but i am going to try dmt soon so i was thinking about trying this and maybe if you could give me some more info about what you eat Smile

I'm just a bit troubled about taking dmt if i'm very out of focus, tho i had some bad trips on mushrooms when i was like that. In all I had good trips on both mushrooms and lsd but i really want to be able to relax and focus more. I never took any medicine against my "affliction" except some amphetamine that i really don't like.

I was gonna pm you, but I can't since I am a new member on this nexus. (which seems nice) Thumbs up

the2989
#4 Posted : 6/9/2013 11:15:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*didn't see the time of OP post...oops lol

Handel
#5 Posted : 6/10/2013 2:19:21 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

+100 points for vawksel above!!! I had the same experience!

This was the trick to get rid of my ADD as well, after almost 30 years with it: the right diet. Primarily, getting rid of gluten, which was the main culprit in the equation and had to completely go (not reduced, or even get traces of it, but completely go). After that, a low carb lifestyle, with no gluten/grains (no corn/rice either), no processed foods (no bread/cookies/etc even if gluten-free), no vegetable oils (coconut oil, butter, olive oil are ok), no legumes (green beans are ok, gluten-free Tamari soy sauce is occasionally ok), no added sugar (not even artificial sugar). Dairy was ok for me, as long as the dairy was fermented (e.g. yogurt, cheese, and particularly kefir), and it was from casein A2 animal (goat/sheep/buffalo). So basically my diet is now up to 100 grams of "net" carbs per day (without calculating fiber), with lots of vegetables, pastured eggs, ~320 gr of WILD fish and pastured meat/offal per day (I usually serve both fish and meat on each meal), some nuts (except peanuts, they're legumes), and some fruit (particularly berries). Essentially Paleo.

We're having eggs/omelete, a bit of avocado, fruits, and pork belly occasionally for breakfast, but for our lunch and dinner we have meat, wild fish (Ω3 and DHA are very important for brain function), and up to 10-12 different vegetables per meal (maximize vitamin and anti-oxidant intake). This is the food I prepared just the other day: https://lh5.googleuserco.../IMG_20130525_124358.jpg

And ADD went "poof", within a month's (or two) time. Not to mention a gazillion other health problems that also disappeared, like mild depression, eczema, sleep apnea, IBS, etc. Only things I watch out in this diet now is my B1 intake (I add some nutritional yeast occasionally on foods, to make up for it), my D3 status (I go out), and I supplement daily with 100 mg of CoQ10 Ubiquinol (not Ubiquinone), and Magnesium (our soil/water is depleted of it). This diet worked wonders for my family health-wise. While we might cheat (rarely) with some ice cream, or sushi rice, gluten is 100% off the table, until our last breath.

greencamel
#6 Posted : 6/10/2013 2:20:42 AM

Its Hot In The Sun

personally i have ADD/ADHD and smoking DMT but not blasting off out of body helps me focus a lot, especially for the next few days, but as you have not tried any other hallucinogens i dont know for sure but i have a friend who has done dmt and no other psychs and says it helped him a lotThumbs up
"One Small Step For Man, One Giant Leap For Mankind" Neil Armstrong
"The Only Thing We Have To Fear, Is Fear Itself" FDR
"Walk through the forests that artists erase, as we try to love the lines perfectionists chase, they try to tell me that you dont exist, but i believe in you my little cyst"

Sabnock
#7 Posted : 6/10/2013 5:56:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was diagnosed as a kid with having ADHD, but have since found out i'm more Aspergers than ADHD. Anyways though, i've never smoked pure DMT, had Ayahuasca MANY times (like well over 200 experiences), and have smoked Changa a few times (which i love love love). I've had several high doses of Ayahuasca (3 to 4 grams of Rue and 8 to 9 grams of very potent Mimosa), but usually i would low dose the Ayahuasca at about 2.5 to 3 grams of Rue and 1 to 2 grams of Mimosa and found i felt way better than i do sober, i felt human, i felt love, i felt freaking AMAZING! Now, Changa is where it's at for me, Changa with Cannabis and maybe 3 to 4 capsules of ground Black Pepper as i've found it to change the experience to have a more, MDMA-ish feel to it.

I have found that DMT + Harmalas + Cannabis gives me mad energy, a great mood lift, and i actually feel like i know i should feel, human. This stuff also got me off of Tobacco, almost 6 full months now free of Tobacco, just gave it up and had ZERO cravings or withdrawals (thanks Ayahuasca). It appears i've also toned down on my Cannabis smoking (but i never take Aya or Changa without it).

I am just so amazed that i learned about this stuff, it's amazing and it feels so natural, like my body is hardwired to receive it.

Madre Chigado
#8 Posted : 7/28/2016 4:27:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

vawksel wrote:

Handel wrote:

Handel, vawksel.. I'm pretty sure diet does it for me too. I did go gluten-free not long ago, for 3 months, but it did nothing for me, now I'm on paleo and on the up and up. I suppose it's the dairy, although I avoid gluten too just to make sure.
Big question for you guys: How did you choose your diet? What foods in particular you're ok with, what protein is bad, all that.. Did you just go paleo meat and fruit only and after you healed added this and that just to test them out? If you did test out foods, what symptoms were you looking for? I don't want to wait 2 months just to see if I can eat nuts.

Cheers