We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HPPD, do you have it/opinions Options

zoopzop
#1 Posted : 2/11/2012 9:36:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I have recently drastically change the way I smoke cannabis. Once or twice a week, about two hours before bed, about 2-3 hits. This is quite a change from every weekend, bowls all day, that kind of thing. In my opinion the high is much cleaner, more spiritual, and I would say therapeutic. It leaves me feeling clean and refreshed when I get in bed and the next morning.

What does this have to do with HPPD? Well for a while I took psychedelics (usually psilocybes) about once every weekend for about 2 months. About two months later here I am, trying out this new smoking ritual. I sink deep into the couch, put on my extra fancy headphones Smile ,throw on some Carbon Based Lifeforms and close my eyes. Next thing I know I am having the strangest sort of visuals. Bright neon backdrops, constantly changing, overlaid with a massive grid of tiny squares, each one changing it's interior pattern in synchronization with the others to form a sort of current, a moving picture. Meanwhile while this is going on I'm doing breath awareness, which allows me to really remove myself from the outside world. I find myself thinking about current problems i've been tackling lately in life, namely whether I want to go through with college and also how to ask out a certain special lady Very happy . I realize that I can really tackle these problems and dissect them in a way that was very similar to a psychedelic trip. At first this didn't mean much but then I realized, the only drug I had ingested that night was weed!

Anyone else realized this sort of change in your weed high? less stoney, more spiritual? Also, with significant, noticeable closed eye visuals? Is this early HPPD? (for the record I also get less significant CEVs when sober). If so I like it. Anyone here have HPPD for sure? How is it?

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a song from Carbon Based Lifeforms. These guys are incredible, the way they make their music allows for a very immersive, otherworldly experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd61hUDwcwk

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BBBlack
#2 Posted : 2/11/2012 9:50:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very happy

۩
#3 Posted : 2/11/2012 9:50:51 PM

Hi,

This is not HPPD. This is being stoned. Pleased

And honestly I think HPPD is just people who cant seem to adapt and reject the fact that psychedelics are trying to refine them. I wouldn't put some pseudomedicinal label on yourself such as this. Everything you are describing is perfectly normal.

zoopzop
#4 Posted : 2/11/2012 10:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, nice to get some opinions on this. None of my friends do psychedelics or weed in the same manner as I do, so they didn't really have much to say other than "dude why don't you just smoke everyday" and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I love weed, but smoking everyday really is just not my thing right now. I could see smoking everyday being a good way to spend my old people days.

As for HPPD, what the poster before me said (your name just appears as a square with the character sequence 06E9 in it, pretty strange) makes a lot of sense to me. My sober vision is definitely different from before I started doing psychedelics but entirely in a positive way, for example it is very easy for me to spend a long time just examining textures and details, plus it is easier for me to see the beauty in everything. Quiet walks in the woods are a good example of this.

Does anyone have really "severe" HPPD? like OEV level? Just wondering if that's even possible.

BBBlack
#5 Posted : 2/11/2012 10:25:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Surprised

zoopzop
#6 Posted : 2/11/2012 10:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, and in addition to that, if these substances are abused and overdone they can easily lose their magic, which is truly sad.

i forgot to mention that I sprained my wrist TERRIBLY, so bad that if i moved it at all it was an intense sharp pain. I actually thought i had broke it for a while. Anyways, after smoking cannabis, I noticed that there was no longer any pain, just numbness. I find that absolutely incredible, some people like to discredit the medicinal applications of weed but personally I know it works for me. Plus i'd rather keep it natural then take nasty icky pills and cough syrup. I cringe just thinking about em

BBBlack
#7 Posted : 2/11/2012 10:58:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sick

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 2/12/2012 12:43:30 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

۩ wrote:

And honestly I think HPPD is just people who cant seem to adapt and reject the fact that psychedelics are trying to refine them. I wouldn't put some pseudomedicinal label on yourself such as this. Everything you are describing is perfectly normal.

*muted applause*
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

lyserge
#9 Posted : 2/12/2012 2:24:57 PM

polyfather anomalous

۩ wrote:

Agreed - psychedelic administration in itself does not cause "hallucinations" - the patterns, etc., are a reflection of the way our visual and other sensory processes work (cf James Kent's Psychedelic Information Theory) - so the pseudo-diagnosis of HPPD (hallucination persisting perceptual disorder) makes no sense. It's another instance of psychiatrists grasping for power by offering a diagnosis/non-explanation that does attempt to go to the root of the phenomena in question.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

nexalizer
#10 Posted : 2/13/2012 12:34:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BBBlack wrote:
Right - mind-altering substances are a supplement to reality, not a replacement for it.

This.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#11 Posted : 2/13/2012 11:11:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever since I started using spice with relative frequency I see bright fractally, swirly patterns when I sit still and look at a sunny blue sky. Even if it's been several days between doses.

Call it what you will, but I like it and it makes me smile inside. Kind of like a visual marker that my brain has changed a little since adding spice to my life.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

soulfood
#12 Posted : 2/13/2012 11:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I see tracers all the time. If I'm standing there and a fly goes past me, it manifests as a big blurry line.

I kind of think that that's how I always saw them only now I'm much more aware of it.

One thing that I have noticed since taking psychedelics is if I have too much to drink, all the next day I get some pretty vivid CEV's. I actually think it's pretty cool and I don't drink all that much now anyways so...

all's good in the hood.