We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
First extraction attempt Options

hysterix
#1 Posted : 12/17/2008 11:21:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, this is my first extraction attempt and I thought to post my steps, and later results.

Okay here we go!

Here are our materials:

Here is our bark for our first run:

We mixed pre dissolved lye (120 grams of lye into 1500 ml water)into 240 grams of bark (note the hydrogen cell in the background):

Here is a trippy one:

Stirred the mass for 20 minutes and then left for two hours:

Slowly stirred in the naphtha (170 ml) for 30 minutes and then left to sit:

Extracted the naphtha with our 25 ml pipette and placed into glass baking dish (note the festive decorations on the pan)

Well, I left the naphtha to evaporate some and then put it into our really cold freezer. Wish me luck!

Thanks Smile
And of course the psychedelics are the naturally evolved nano-machinary of the gayain-matrix that knits together this cosmic ecology. -Terrance Mckenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kagenical
#2 Posted : 12/17/2008 9:03:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Where did you get your root bark? It's like, brown... I've never seen it that dark before.

hysterix
#3 Posted : 12/17/2008 9:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Kagenical, I got it from bouncing bear. Also the camera pic looks kind of weird, the bark itself is pinkish; when I was working with the bark, pink/purple dust was in the air, so hopefully it's good.
And of course the psychedelics are the naturally evolved nano-machinary of the gayain-matrix that knits together this cosmic ecology. -Terrance Mckenna

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:06:01 PM

The Great Namah

You should be fine.

Purple/pink is the way it should be. Purple dust flying everywhere sounds right.

I hope your yields are massive!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

hysterix
#5 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:15:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you acolon_5, I will be sure to post the final weight and results!

kagenical
#6 Posted : 12/18/2008 2:51:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh, makes sense. I can see it now with a bit of "mental" colour adjustment.

I'm jealous of you Americans with your VM&P Naptha aha.

Good luck with the rest of your extraction.

hysterix
#7 Posted : 12/19/2008 3:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone! I removed the baking pan from the freezer and, it looks like it was a success! Here are some pics:

I don't know if this scale is precise, it needs to be calibrated:

So I just tried a little less than 20 mg and it definitely works! I didn't get anywhere near a breakthrough, but yes, it most certainly is it!

I will post further pulls as I do them, but to all on these boards, thank you so much!

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 12/19/2008 3:47:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

HA!! SWIM has that exact scale
it's a sound

Nanaki
#9 Posted : 12/19/2008 4:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, that is the scale that I use as well.

However, it doesn't seem to activate until 30mg. I can put a bottle on it, and tare, and it still only seems sensitive to .03 grams. I've sent one in for a new one on the warranty, and still have issues with it not being able to measure down to .01 grams like it should.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 12/19/2008 4:51:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you should get a milligram scale..i think i made a post about a pretty good one that is like 40 bucks...its worth getting..SWIM uses the above scale for measuring larger quantities of materials
it's a sound

hysterix
#11 Posted : 12/19/2008 4:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya, I think I need to get that milligram scale you are talking about Jorkest. Jorkest, I tried to use a bubbler and a brillo pad, and it was a complete sham; I thought of you jorkest when I was hitting the bowl, and a singular phrase came to mind, "vaporgenie". I am ordering one as we speak, and will post the results of the further pulls, and the final weight as it comes.

Nanaki
#12 Posted : 12/19/2008 12:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
you should get a milligram scale..i think i made a post about a pretty good one that is like 40 bucks...its worth getting..SWIM uses the above scale for measuring larger quantities of materials

I did look at that, but all the stores online I've seen want $70 for that milligram scale that was recommended.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 12/19/2008 1:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 12/19/2008 1:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just need to search a bit
it's a sound

hysterix
#15 Posted : 12/19/2008 7:23:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
http://www.ezsellwholesale.com/servlet/the-49/Gold-Diamond-Gram-Carat/Detail

You are the best!

Thanks for the link!

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Nanaki
#16 Posted : 12/19/2008 10:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Jorkest! I was a little busy last night so only had little time to research this.

hysterix
#17 Posted : 12/22/2008 5:48:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone! So here is an update to my first pull.

I had a bunch of stuff to do so I left the bark/muck sit for a couple of days. I did four more pulls with naphtha (last one being warm), and put all four into my glass baking pan. I let it evaporate half way before putting it into the freezer. Here are the results:

Snow globes!

I measured it out on my non-calibrated scale, and I think I have a bit under two grams. I ordered a nice scale and vaporgenie, so I will make sure to post the trip report and true weight.

Peace to all, and thanks for these boards!

mad_banshee
#18 Posted : 1/13/2009 9:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the excellent photo log of the extractions. It helped swim quite a bit.
My friend tried his first extraction today. 100g powdered MHRB, 30g lye, 750ml water.
The first pull with 80ml naptha yeilded .13grams. I'm happy with that considering my lack of knowledge of all things chemical.
Will do more pulls off this batch this week. I'm psyched that its working for me at all.

Peace,
Sight_Seeker
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Buaah
#19 Posted : 1/14/2009 5:59:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had some experience smoking DMT in a vaporgenie and I've found it's not ideal. It is kind of difficult to take large enough hits to completely break through. It'll do something, for sure, but I think the Machine would be a better choice, so you can take bigger hits. Using a vaporgenie is just kind of difficult after the second hit, you know?

That being said a vaporgenie is definitely a great purchase. Just be careful trying to vape weed in it after doing DMT through it, I remember getting a little bit of a DMT high when trying to vape weed afterwards.

"Whoah dude, hold on a minute, whoah. Whoah. Hold on... Whoah."

hysterix
#20 Posted : 1/15/2009 6:08:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey sight seeker, I'm glad my photos and walk through helped you out. Keep on pulling naphtha at least 4 or 5 separate times through your batch you will probably be surprised how much you will pull.

12NEXT