We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re-crystalisation in the lungs?? Options

3rdI
#1 Posted : 2/6/2012 12:14:41 PM

veni, vidi, spici

My friend and i were talking about holding in hits for as long as possible, he doesnt hold them for very long and i hold them for as long as possible.

He said he had read somewhere that if the vapour is held in for to long then it could recrystalise in the lungs, similar to the way the vapour recrystalises in the GVG.

This seemed possible to me and so i said i would ask the great and the good of the Nexus for some advice.

so what do you think? is this a possiblity?

cheers
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dtrypt
#2 Posted : 2/6/2012 12:37:46 PM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

I don't think DMT is going to recrystallise in your lungs at 37 degrees Celsius... remember that a GVG is made of glass which cools rapidly, hence the reformation of crystals...

gibran2
#3 Posted : 2/6/2012 12:51:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

DMT is biologically active. It is absorbed by tissues.

It is no more likely that DMT will recrystallize in your lungs as an apple seed will grow into a tree in your stomach or swallowed bubble gum will stick to your bones.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

3rdI
#4 Posted : 2/6/2012 1:01:00 PM

veni, vidi, spici

In that case i will tell him to start holding in his hits.

cheers
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#5 Posted : 2/6/2012 11:52:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

It is no more likely that DMT will recrystallize in your lungs as an apple seed will grow into a tree in your stomach or swallowed bubble gum will stick to your bones.

Bbbbut what if it formed a spice bezoar in yer lungs! Imagine the cumulative formation of a chunk of DMT in your alveoli... lurking... waiting to be absorbed at some inopportune time.

Cue the Jaws music.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

PrimateSphinx
#6 Posted : 2/9/2012 3:38:16 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

That is a pretty silly idea being that endogenous DMT is produced in the lungs by your body's own accord.
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

Ice House
#7 Posted : 2/9/2012 5:48:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

gibran2 wrote:

well put! I agree.

PrimateSphinx wrote:
That is a pretty silly idea being that endogenous DMT is produced in the lungs by your body's own accord.

Proof?
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

۩
#8 Posted : 2/9/2012 5:50:27 AM

^ That is commonly well established that both the heart and lung tissues biosynthesize the alkaloid, among other regions of the body.

PrimalWisdom
#9 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:09:55 AM

Everything the light touches

gibran2 wrote:

Wait, so apple trees don't grow in your stomach if you swallow the seeds? I think need to have a chat with my mom, my entire childhood is a lie! Razz

But seriously I doubt crystallization is possible - as Dtrypt said it's 37C in your body - bit warm for crystals,and the alks are absorbed by tissues in the body so I wouldn't worry about it all.

Peace
PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

3rdI
#10 Posted : 2/9/2012 8:12:44 AM

veni, vidi, spici

PrimateSphinx wrote:

Its only silly if you know the answer, i had no idea if it was true or not so i asked here as i knew that there are people who would know and could give me an answer. I trust my friend and i know he wouldnt lie to me, if he said he had read it could happen then he has read it could happen, however it turns out his source was thankfully wrong.

what would be silly would be to hear infomation like this and not act on it.

I dont think making sure your safe when taking substances into your body is silly at all.

PrimalWisdom wrote:
Wait, so apple trees don't grow in your stomach if you swallow the seeds? I think need to have a chat with my mom, my entire childhood is a lie!

i phoned my Ma yesterday and told her of my disaproval at the lies, she said she was sorry and also told me there wasnt an old lady who lived in a shoeVery happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Coastal_Shaman
#11 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:25:52 PM

"That Guy"

I would not be too worried about spice re-xing in my lungs..

That being said and moving on to the apple side subject. My parents never lied to me saying it would grow a tree in my stomach, they told me the truth straight up.. Apple seeds contain small amounts of Cyanide. They said that by eating only a few seeds it was pretty much harmless but if I ate a whole apple or two I could get quite sick, or worse.. At least your parents hearts were in the right place telling you not to eat the seeds. Razz

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

PrimateSphinx
#12 Posted : 2/10/2012 11:33:52 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

3rdI wrote:

Its only silly if you know the answer, i had no idea if it was true or not so i asked here as i knew that there are people who would know and could give me an answer. I trust my friend and i know he wouldnt lie to me, if he said he had read it could happen then he has read it could happen, however it turns out his source was thankfully wrong.

what would be silly would be to hear infomation like this and not act on it.

I dont think making sure your safe when taking substances into your body is silly at all.

It's true that its only silly if you know the answer, I meant no offense. I was just remarking that lung recrystallization
couldn't happen because it is produced in the lungs in what I can only assume is liquid form, being that the temperature of the lungs is most likely to high for dmt to exist as a solid, but it could be a different reason altogether, definitely feel free too correct me if I'm wrong. Glad you inquired, safety firstWink .
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

soulfood
#13 Posted : 2/11/2012 12:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Wouldn't it neutralise rather quickly and become water soluble?

Is tar water soluble?

What if you burned your DMT?

Suddenly I'm aware I know very little of my lungs!