We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Why are audio hallucinations so hard to come by? Options

flyboy
#1 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:36:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any idea why most psychedelics will achieve decent to strong visual hallucinations, yet true auditory ones are rare if not compleletly nonexistent?

Particularly when it's been said over and over again that these drugs 'mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia' ?!?!?

I know one thing.. most schizo's HEAR VOICES.

So what's with that comparison? It goes out the door in one felled swoop there doesn't it.

Wouldn't it be amazing to become as envelopped in audio as the spice does the fractals!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try bufotenine. That is the strongest auditory hallucinogen SWIM ever tried. He gets auditory hallucinations from that ALL THE TIME.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM gets decent audio hallucinations from spice..they are just strange..like a bunch of bells that are REALLY high pitched all ringing together..

and when he eats THH and DMT...when he goes outside...he can hear the wind echoing and gets like feedback..making it really hard to hear whats real or not..

SWIM feels that the biggest problem with the dmt audio..is that the visual aspect of the experience is just so much more powerful that it hides the beauty of the sounds
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:26:11 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Tropanes definitely give audio hallucination, the only problem however is that it is difficult to realize that it is a hallucination.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

monkeyboy
#5 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:42:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah, the auditory hallucinations arent as prominent- but just start playing with tones- and watch how it plays on the visual aspect of the trip. swiy may begin to notice auditory distortions as well.

swim always lets out an "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh" when he finally remembers to breathe.

Hes finding more and more that on strong doses, hes shaking his head, making fast 'silly' noises with his mouth etc... has a VERY interesting effect on the visuals. Hes also noting that muscular tension in his body also has a synethetic effect on visuals as well.

wonderful drug.... just wonderful

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 12/14/2008 4:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has noticed when he shakes his head..the visuals morph a bit faster
it's a sound

polytrip
#7 Posted : 12/14/2008 4:59:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Audio hallucinations can be very prominent. Maybe it's a personal thing, but they're often very prominent to me.
Maybe for some people it's harder to remember them, given their sometimes complex nature. I think that musicians, trained in remembering complex patterns of sound, might be more aware of auditory hallucinations.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:25:10 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Try Heimia Sinicuichi (Sun Opener), it gives good auditory hallucinations.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Nanaki
#9 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definite audio hall's from spice. Usually a repeated phrase like "jib jib jib jib jib" or a "rwer rwer rwer" machine like sound. Audio is so pronounced that SWIM can feel the audio.

Even Salvia produced some audio effects.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

shago
#10 Posted : 12/14/2008 6:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear voices, like whispers when tripping with mescaline. I hear like if someone is behind me whispering in my neck.This could be frightening so I like to think this are good spirits of nature talking to me.

The awaited day will come.
De rodillas, bajo la lluvia y sobre el barro, clamamos a los cielos... ven a nosotros.

JOIN THE NEXUS CHAT ROOM NOW!

I do not aprove any illegal act as I don't do anything illegal.

coz42
#11 Posted : 12/14/2008 6:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

auditory peripherals became very personal after a certain peyote experience, looking for the symbolism to it. Usually is brought on after using, then meditate on much enjoyed music with flowing word to the verb, or a little spanish guitar

Would like to believe auditory hallucinations of flute patterns to the buzzing'(Hmm, didly-hum) would be just important to the thought process. Like the conductor pinpointing his tuba to play louder..
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:08:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM heres a "ringRINGringRINGringRING" very high speed while bouncing around the spice room..its extremely high pitched...at lower doses..right before breakthrough..its more of like extremely high pitch bells ringing all over the place..slightly different tones but always very high
it's a sound

skyWalkah
#13 Posted : 12/14/2008 11:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Audio hallucinations can be very prominent. Maybe it's a personal thing, but they're often very prominent to me.
Maybe for some people it's harder to remember them, given their sometimes complex nature. I think that musicians, trained in remembering complex patterns of sound, might be more aware of auditory hallucinations.

SWIM had a very interesting audio experience. Being a musician, SWIM pays very close attention to sound. Some times SWIM gets spiced in silence, leaving a clean pallet for the crackling, popping, whirring, and bending pitch noises. this is all interesting but the most rememberable time was when he was spicing and playing music.

the record was one SWIM has always loved, an Explorer Series 12 inch vinyl recorded in Africa. Its called African Wichcraft and Drum Chant. SWIM smoked two large tokes, starting the record after the first, and was taken away. Here's the intriguing part, SWIM knew that the drum chant was in a traditional 4/4 time signature (thats four beats per measure), and during entry to the spirit word he could recogise this. But after he entered hyperspace the music began to change time signatures, going from 4/4, 7/8, and even 9/4!! The spice had essentially sampled the audio and added the extra beats when needed using fractions of the existing sound. It sounded amazing and SWIM could not blieve how fluid the changes were!! As if the spirits had improvised a more complex version of the drum chant. Truly amazing. SWIM listed to the record as soon as his journey was over and was surprised further by the fact that the record never changes time signatures.

On another note, a joker with a long chin commanded his assistants to place devcices in each one of SWIMs ears. Probably collection feild data for thier next meeting.

islandhome
#14 Posted : 12/14/2008 11:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think what it my be is
that the sounds and such
are sound tracks to the trip in dmt land
if im having a conversation with and alien
can her the ship where in and the other beings talking
and the machiens talking to eachother as well
it just does not seem like a hallucination
becouse at this point it may not be

you could always do a wip it
You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

bufoman
#15 Posted : 12/16/2008 3:06:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

DIPT is a tryptamine hallucinogen that is predominantly auditory in nature although it distorts auditory experience rather than create new information. This is a very fascinating and little studied compound. It must act on areas of the brain involved in auditory perception whereas most other classical hallucinogens act on areas involved in visual perception in addition to other emotional (limbic) regions. SWIM has had altered auditory experiences on spice for example voices become high pitched and speed up but never has SWIM heard any new things. Even with the elves it is as if they are telepathicaly communicating there is no spoken word. Is this what other people experience or do they actually hear the words?

Nanaki
#16 Posted : 12/16/2008 3:28:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So Sky,

Would listening to a movie soundtrack then have a strong impact on the DMT experience?

I'm thinking it would, but I don't know if you'd then see pieces of the movie in the experience, or if it would have a direct effect on it for what you see.

skyWalkah wrote:
polytrip wrote:

SWIM had a very interesting audio experience. Being a musician, SWIM pays very close attention to sound. Some times SWIM gets spiced in silence, leaving a clean pallet for the crackling, popping, whirring, and bending pitch noises. this is all interesting but the most rememberable time was when he was spicing and playing music.

the record was one SWIM has always loved, an Explorer Series 12 inch vinyl recorded in Africa. Its called African Wichcraft and Drum Chant. SWIM smoked two large tokes, starting the record after the first, and was taken away. Here's the intriguing part, SWIM knew that the drum chant was in a traditional 4/4 time signature (thats four beats per measure), and during entry to the spirit word he could recogise this. But after he entered hyperspace the music began to change time signatures, going from 4/4, 7/8, and even 9/4!! The spice had essentially sampled the audio and added the extra beats when needed using fractions of the existing sound. It sounded amazing and SWIM could not blieve how fluid the changes were!! As if the spirits had improvised a more complex version of the drum chant. Truly amazing. SWIM listed to the record as soon as his journey was over and was surprised further by the fact that the record never changes time signatures.

On another note, a joker with a long chin commanded his assistants to place devcices in each one of SWIMs ears. Probably collection feild data for thier next meeting.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

shoe
#17 Posted : 12/18/2008 6:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all, there IS an auditory hallucinogen: DiPT. or 5-Meo-DIPT. Anyway,
SWIM had an interesting DMT experience. Laying with a girlfriend in the royal position, in the nook,
he took a few good tokes and plunged eyes-closed into an alex grey style fractal.

he uttered "wow..."
which stretched and splintered off ... wwwwwwwwoooooooowwwwwwwww into a million other little 'wow's which all dissapeared into their respective fractal cell.

utterly astounding.he'd never heard/seen that before.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

endlessness
#18 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a good amount of maoi + 150mg+ of oral dmt are sure to make me start hearing the electric, short-circuited alien insectoid sounds

flyboy
#19 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:46:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
DIPT is a tryptamine hallucinogen that is predominantly auditory in nature although it distorts auditory experience rather than create new information. This is a very fascinating and little studied compound. It must act on areas of the brain involved in auditory perception whereas most other classical hallucinogens act on areas involved in visual perception in addition to other emotional (limbic) regions. SWIM has had altered auditory experiences on spice for example voices become high pitched and speed up but never has SWIM heard any new things. Even with the elves it is as if they are telepathicaly communicating there is no spoken word. Is this what other people experience or do they actually hear the words?

Now THAT is the lead I was looking for, props and THANKS.

Incidentally i had forgotten how powerful the auditory hallucinations can be on salvia... but they are not the type i wanted because their source is most definitely pure memory, i hear my brother and friends and things from the past but nothing alien such as what I see and sense. Salvia is creepy man, I hereby proclaim those gothic kids should be forced to smoke an oz of 20x before they allowed to wear any heavy black makeup!!! Laughing

ploticus
#20 Posted : 12/19/2008 6:03:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I hear auditory hallucinations all the time on psychedelics. DMT is sometimes hard to pay attention to because the visuals are so amazing you're concentrating on that and its so short lived.

Take a good dose of acid and sit back just listening. Some white noise can help like a wirring computer fan or a shower but not necessary at all. You'll start hearing little beeps and wirrs and pew pews and echoing. Anything you can really imagine you can start to hear. If you're listening to a song you know very well, try bending the pitches up and down or try and listen to how "deep" it is. The auditory hallucinations seem to be just like the visuals in that they move in the same sort of changing fractal pattern and they become more intense the more you pay attention them.

It seems like your brain picks a noise and just plays with it. For example if you heard a beep, then you'd hear a beep again in a different pitch, then that previous pitch would be played again except this time with a little echo etc. Its like its moving through a feedback loop changing until its not recognizable what the original sound was.

12NEXT