We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
My DMT conclusions Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:45:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yes I totally agree that the world is in a crisis. But I don't think theres anything magical about that in terms of a cure or in terms of the problem.

I will also say yes I agree many people get their beliefs from experience. SWIM came to very similar conclusions about the world and reality many times while taking psychedelic substances. BUT when SWIM looks at his experiences objectively SWIM sees lots of evidence that points out that the interpretations of the experience might be wrong.

Let SWIM bring up a very personal example that happened to SWIM. A few months after one of SWIMs uncles passed away SWIM took some mushrooms. During that trip SWIM spoke to the soul of SWIMs dead uncle (it was a very direct telepathic like communication). Now SWIM can look at this two ways. Either SWIM really did speak to his dead uncle and thus the human soul is real oooooooooor SWIMs mind used the experience as a way of comforting SWIM about the death of SWIMs uncle. You see? The interpretation leads to two very different explanations for what happens on psychedelic drugs.

So I just want to make it clear that SWIM is with you all on the weirdness of whats going on with these substances and SWIM has been way out there. SWIM just has learned that its important to look at all possible interpretations about what is happening on these substances to come to a more complete theory and explanation about what is really going on.

The mind is a powerful thing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#22 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:52:09 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Eschaton,you have got some attitude problem. There is not really need to attack other people like that. Whatever your views, criticism is always criticism and if taken on board it can help you make better theories.

I personally believe that you views as presented in the first post are poor and this is attributed to the fact that your initial premises (or "dogmata"?) are either unsubstantiated "facts" or misinterpretations of currents facts. This is not really going to be very appealing to other guys who just tend to be critical.

So, please try to learn from the criticism of your viewpoints. In the best situation more input from other people will help you build more "solid" theories that just the usual far-fetched usual conclusions that simply sound immature. Everybody can write everything, but it takes some balls to write some good theories.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#23 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

absolutely!! one of the ways SWIM has been able to keep his head on straight and still exist with society is by keeping skeptical of the first impression...usually after an experience other sides of meaning seem to start coming out...dmt is the paradox drug...it can make you accept both conflicting sides..now unless you let that get it you..you can stay pretty sane!
it's a sound

burnt
#24 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:57:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
absolutely!! one of the ways SWIM has been able to keep his head on straight and still exist with society is by keeping skeptical of the first impression...usually after an experience other sides of meaning seem to start coming out...dmt is the paradox drug...it can make you accept both conflicting sides..now unless you let that get it you..you can stay pretty sane!

haha yes that is very true. thats why SWIM finds the spice (and all psychedelics) such a fascinating thing. Very true about keeping head on to exist in society. If SWIM ran out into the street every time he realized whatever "truth" came at him during a trip he would have been locked up long long ago Laughing

Eschaton
#25 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Quote:
Reading comprehension. Try it out? Perhaps read into the authors I quoted before letting dung slide out of your mouth?

Other people's crazy views? What are yours? Where are your thoughts?

You have added nothing to the discussion.

Thank you.

...Also apocalyptic visions need to be looked at critically. Remember Y2K? Nothing happened. People rave on and on about the future and how its all coming to end but its usually nonsense.

(Y2K was sensationalist nonsense. The Mayan Calendar has a mystery behind it that is beyond any other notable "conspiracy theory". They had knowledge that they shouldn't have had and pinpointed an end to a cycle of time, of which we have a very limited understanding compared to the direct knowledge they inherited. The fact that their calendar was so accurate (more so then our own, as far as the solar year is concerned) and incorporated so many significant astronomical considerations that it cannot be panned as just another bullshit conspiracy. I love when people try to compare it to Y2K; what a joke. We are talking about the very same esoteric knowledge that built the pyramids, to compare it to Y2K is foolish and redundant.)

Obviously you have spent a lot of time putting together your theory and your ideas but looking at your website I do not see anything that to me is convincing. But that is just my opinion based on my own beliefs about what happens on psychedelic drugs (as well as some facts) so I think its important to answer the WHY question. WHY do you believe what you are claiming?

(I believe what I am claiming because I have seen it; during one mushroom trip and several DMT trips I have been brought to the very same place, an experience of the Eschaton which involves a growing black mass in the sky and the unwinding of the laws of physics. Followed by chaos of the unregenerate and acceptance/understanding of the pure in heart. I have experienced this first hand. That is why I believe it to be true. I have taken all of my experiences with a grain of salt, however, this particular experience has stuck with me and led me to my conclusions. I am not presenting it as absolute truth, it is merely my current understanding of the symbolism behind my trips)

For example the pineal gland question. Why do you think at 2012 there will be more dmt being produced in the human body?

(Once again, is anyone actually reading my presentation? A coming catastrophe will cause great stress in the collective psyche by means of an intuition of impending death, it is my contention that as we approach the singularity our brains will flood with DMT. It will be a mutually dependent interaction of manifestation and reality, which are after all, one and the same.)

FIrst of all dmt is not produced in the pineal gland or well its more likely that its made somewhere else in the body. We have discussed this point on numerous threads in this site. So that throws a big what the heck into your theory. Second the pineal gland is an ancient organ that is sensitive to light so that organisms can regulate day and night cycles so yes it is a kind of "third" eye but that has nothing to do with anything spiritual at all. There is nothing magical about the pineal gland it 100% fits in with current scientific models of reality and the universe.

(In your opinion, your information isn't provable as we cannot do tests in vivo, there is your monkey wrench/paradox)

I do not bring up these points to just argue on and on with you about it but too often I see people come up with very radical ideas about whats going on with psychedelic drugs and especially dmt without providing any serious evidence. To me its just like a preacher running around with a bible saying its true with no serious evidence.

(I am not preaching anything, I am merely asking if it resonates with anyone else)

Theres nothing wrong with speculating and believing and coming up with new ideas but if one wants them to be taken seriously 1 expect criticism (see it as constructive criticism not an insult) and 2. get evidence real evidence.

(Criticism is great, I love to discuss my ideas, however, most people just poke at it with their inbred scientific rationalism and then back away with the retort of "wheres your empirical evidence?" This is more of a philosophic/psychological idea than anything, I readily admit that, I don't need to convince anyone, I have had the experience firsthand and know it as an actuality)

Quote:
Why? So you can "dance" like the rest of the New Age jackasses?

Well yes to party down you know theres going to be some good parties at that time. Is there a problem with that?

If you are the kind of person who is looking forward to some good parties at that time, then I understand why you are not resonating with my ideas and that's just fine!

"Partying", in my opinion, is a childish remnant of your ego.

Eschaton
#26 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:23:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt
#27 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:26:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If you are the kind of person who is looking forward to some good parties at that time, then I understand why you are not resonating with my ideas and that's just fine!

AHAHHAHHAH whaaaaaaat? Yea because I like to enjoy my life? Ok whatever man believe whatever stupid shit you want im done with this conversation. You can waste your life worrying about bullshit you pulled out of your ass while high on drugs.

Eschaton
#28 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Yea because I like to enjoy my life? Ok whatever man believe whatever stupid shit you want im done with this conversation. You can waste your life worrying about bullshit you pulled out of your ass while high on drugs.

I love you too brother, Amen.

Jorkest
#29 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:31:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

amen ra
it's a sound

Eschaton
#30 Posted : 12/16/2008 6:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
amen ra

*cough* Tetragrammaton *cough*

The Traveler
#31 Posted : 12/16/2008 7:23:08 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

C'mon people,

I can write an whole essay about how to better understand eachother and be wiser with the words to debate your points. Nevertheless I also think you already know this and that you also know there is no need to get personal, anytime.

Like my wise mam once said; where two people fight, both are responsible. Please think about what you all just posted and if that is the way you like to be treated yourself.

I will not not lock this topic (yet) in the hope that you will all find some time to get to yourself again and be more respectfull to eachother.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

bufoman
#32 Posted : 12/16/2008 7:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

You did attack me however that is okay you are obviously insecure as you were probably expecting praise rather than criticism. I am always my own biggest critic. I am a man of science and thus am very critical of everything. I do not believe in NEW AGE things, I think it is your right to believe these things however expect criticism. To me it is no different then dogmatic religious beliefs. As I stated earlier there is no reason to think DMT is in our brains for magical purposes. There are new scientific theories coming out that propose physiological roles for DMT in the everyday functioning of the CNS. Maybe you should check out some scientific articles rather than reading all the new age stuff, better yet read both. Do you only want people to tell you how great your theory is? I just think that these theories take away from the truth and make OUR movement look strange in the eyes of the public, and rightfully so. Hum a bunch of people taking hallucinogens saying they are talking to aliens and the world is going to end??? I think that DMT being a neurotransmitter involved in sensory perception is far more fascinating and likely then that it is involved with the end of the world, 2012, aliens... Hypotheses are always needed. Even if the hypotheses is wrong so long as it pisses someone off enough to prove it wrong and discover the truth then the wrong theory is not truly useless and has played a role. I am sorry to have offended you, I think you should check out some scientific journal articles regarding the endogenous hallucinogens you will see that your theory is unlikely, you should be your biggest critic most intellectual people are. TRY AGAIN.

Eschaton
#33 Posted : 12/16/2008 7:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5
#34 Posted : 12/16/2008 7:58:23 PM

The Great Namah

Please let's keep the sarcasm and passive agressive insults to a minimum.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Eschaton
#35 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5
#36 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:08:13 PM

The Great Namah

Eschaton wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

Agreed, however, you spelled aggressive wrong.

Rolling eyes

Laughing

Edited....got kinda hostile.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Eschaton
#37 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:24:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Eschaton wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

Agreed, however, you spelled aggressive wrong.

Rolling eyes

Laughing

Edited....got kinda hostile

What is with your authoritarian nature? What have I done wrong other than make light of how "serious" people are on here? Aren't we supposed to be accepting of differences?

If you're going to ban me, than so be it, but that my friend, is immaturity. I have done nothing wrong, other than the fact that I "defended" myself. You're acting as if someone got "hurt" and you need to "punish" Do I need a time out for explaining myself by my own nature? Who are you to judge?

This is the internet, everything is left up to interpretation and it is obvious that some of you assume the most hostile intentions possible. Why? Who knows.

So much for being a community.

Jorkest
#38 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:26:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just dont understand why you thought you needed to tell somebody they spelled a word wrong..you got the point didnt you?
it's a sound

Eschaton
#39 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
i just dont understand why you thought you needed to tell somebody they spelled a word wrong..you got the point didnt you?

I was merely kidding around. Why so serious?

Seriously.

Shocked

I wasn't shown much respect in terms of my thoughts, so what really is the point of all this?

I can only laugh if I get banned. I have much respect for the Traveler, as he declared himself decently. Acolon seems to think he has "authority" ; Please don't try to act like a father figure daring to take the car keys away.

I'd rather walk.

endlessness
#40 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

read your posts

the way you write brings up a certain type of response from people. Im sure thats not the first time you had to 'defend' yourself like that

this forum has loads of unique information and some very nice characters, including the ones you confronted in this thread. Acolon included. You know actually this is the first time I EVER read from him about moderation and banning, so saying he is an authoritarian or whatever does not really make sense.. Even if its not necessary to ban you, then still I think you should look at your actions and understand why this thread developed as it did. Everyone should always try to look at themselves instead of at other's problems.

now lets chill out please, and get on with 'business as usual' (or some elf spice magic Very happy )...

PREV123NEXT