We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
My DMT conclusions Options

Eschaton
#1 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:57:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/15/2008 5:06:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
As we approach December 21, 2012, an accruing feeling of utmost apprehension,
as in the come-on of a psychedelic trip, will slowly envelope the human race as the
collective psyche coalesces into the Singularity. "...mankind, taken as a
whole, will be obliged to reflect upon itself at a single point" This shift of the psyche
will occur as a direct result of accelerated endogenous dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
intercalation in the human brain due to extreme central nervous system stress.

I don't buy into this at all. Why? There is no reason to believe such a thing will occur.

Will our MAOI system stop working too? In that case we will all die. DMT can kill mammals.

No offense intended but I see far too often people taking all this spiritual and 2012 stuff as a given but I see no reason for it to be a given. I think people often fail to see the big picture about what DMT is and why it exists in nature.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 12/15/2008 7:18:32 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

All these things are going to happen at (or by) December 21, 2012? Sounds a bit too difficult to achieve such massive shifts of consciousness!

As far as the "the vast majority of DNA in our bodies does things that we do not presently understand" bit is concerned, well... I can give you a few good answers. Science is sometimes moving pretty fast nowadays. But certainly these "mysterious" bits of dna are not waiting for some dmt to help them "decode" their mysterious message or something!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

bufoman
#4 Posted : 12/15/2008 10:25:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

No offense but I don't know why people believe these things. Whatever their true role DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and Bufotenine are very likely to be a part of our everyday physiology, it is very unlikely they are present to make us "TRIP" at specific parts of our life. They are found in all individuals all the time. These bizarre theories, while they may sound interesting and are thus attractive to certain individuals, are rather ridicules and the truth is they make the psychedelic movement seem a little out there and disconnected from science. Look the truth is no one knows what is going on, and only through exploration and science can we hope to understand the role of these fascinating molecules in our reality. An interesting article in Medical Hypotheses proposes a role of these molecules as neurotransmitters playing a role in subjective experience and perception (JV. Wallach, Endogenous Hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors; A possible role in sensory perception.) This is a pretty amazing possibility that needs to be looked into, essentially stating that our waking reality is a controlled psychedelic experience! While they may seem it these are not magical molecules they have the same basic chemical properties as all other compounds made out of matter, The "Magic" arises when they happen to act on areas of the central nervous system involved in subjective experience. Just because the experience is a mystery does not mean that it can only be explained by bizarre alien theories and 2012... There is no evidence to suggest any of this and in fact much evidence to counter it.

Eschaton
#5 Posted : 12/15/2008 10:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Quote:
As we approach December 21, 2012, an accruing feeling of utmost apprehension,
as in the come-on of a psychedelic trip, will slowly envelope the human race as the
collective psyche coalesces into the Singularity. "...mankind, taken as a
whole, will be obliged to reflect upon itself at a single point" This shift of the psyche
will occur as a direct result of accelerated endogenous dimethyltryptamine (DMT)
intercalation in the human brain due to extreme central nervous system stress.

I don't buy into this at all. Why? There is no reason to believe such a thing will occur.

Will our MAOI system stop working too? In that case we will all die. DMT can kill mammals.

No offense intended but I see far too often people taking all this spiritual and 2012 stuff as a given but I see no reason for it to be a given. I think people often fail to see the big picture about what DMT is and why it exists in nature.

The premise is that the intuition of a impending catastrophe will cause great stress upon the entire earth as it braces for cataclysm; I believe that the central nervous system will release DMT in asymptotic amounts in reaction to this great stress as it continues to build toward the actual realization. It's my current hypothesis and nothing more; read into it a little further and perhaps you will see (what I see); the large amount of symbolism such a catastrophe represents (Gnosticism : Return to the Father, a Judgment of mankind, an actual Death of God) and the direct implications regarding DMT. These ideas are reflections of my experiences. I don't just weave this together for naught, I take this rather seriously, but with a good sense of humor. "It will be the entry of our species into hyperspcace, but it will appear to be the end of physical laws accompanied by the release of the mind into the imagination."

God has relearned all he can and is ready to start over. He is going to "find himself" on a collective level through the directed dissolution of boundaries that a major cataclysm represents.

That is my general idea.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/15/2008 11:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what if it doesnt happen?

Nanaki
#7 Posted : 12/16/2008 12:19:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, scientists have been creating black holes in labs for some time.

And they are building even bigger particle accelerators.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/...ience/nature/4357613.stm

And this more modern one:

http://www.newscientist....-created-in-the-lab.html

I don't know, but I don't like the idea of having black holes here on Earth. I did see a better article before, but can't seem to find it now.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Eschaton
#8 Posted : 12/16/2008 12:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
what if it doesnt happen?

I will be intrigued to live past 25.

You?

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/16/2008 1:47:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what if they already have?
it's a sound

bufoman
#10 Posted : 12/16/2008 2:56:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

People always say a catastrophe is coming and the only thing these people have in common is that the catastrophe never comes. I just don't see how this one is unique there is no evidence of anything happening this is just your opinion based on reading others peoples crazy views. And even if catastrophe does come what does this have to do with DMT? Just because the DMT experience is not explained doesn't mean it is going to allow us to enter hyper space. What the hell is hyperspace anyway?

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 12/16/2008 2:59:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what if it DOES allow us to enter Hyperspace..we dont know yet..haha SWIM certainly has had spice experiences where they showed him how we can enter hyperspace physically...takes some pretty advanced technology no doubt
it's a sound

Linga Sarira
#12 Posted : 12/16/2008 7:45:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cycles come and go, end of time prophecies are interesting but i think theyre are built up in our minds more than anything, the universe and life has existed forever and to think our species will come to a conclusion at a very specific time in our made up calender is ridiculous to me. 2012 is a hyped up internet phenomenon one which i think will make alot of people feel quite stupid for investing so much in.

If anything it will be a subtle shift in the momentum of our evolution, hopefully toward a more positive direction.

burnt
#13 Posted : 12/16/2008 10:05:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Yes but if any general shift in human behavior comes it will come from the realization of the danger we are all in and the dangerous situation we are putting the world in, and not come because of some day that happens to coincide with a day when the mayan calendar happens to end (most likely because they stopped counting). Also it will probably have little or nothing to do with endogenous dmt levels. I think that really doesn't make sense. If people started producing too much dmt and tripping out all the time the world would become a mess much like if everyone overnight became schizophrenic. We wouldn't be able to farm eat have sex etc etc and our society would collapse.

Quote:
God has relearned all he can and is ready to start over. He is going to "find himself" on a collective level through the directed dissolution of boundaries that a major cataclysm represents.

Assuming there is a conscious god...

As far as black holes and particle accelerators those fears are totally unfounded even if they do manage to make mini black holes (which would be an amazing discovery! I don't think you realize how amazing it really would be in terms of furthering our understanding of the universe) it would only exist for fractions of fractions of a second. Again another example of internet paranoid nonsense.

Quote:
An interesting article in Medical Hypotheses proposes a role of these molecules as neurotransmitters playing a role in subjective experience and perception (JV. Wallach, Endogenous Hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors; A possible role in sensory perception.)

Yes this is where things should be going to answer these questions. BTW thanks for posting this title for a nice review. The trace amine system is offering some fascinating clues to the possible role of endogenous tryptamines and phenylethylamines.

anyway don't want to hijack the thread but i really don't buy into any of this 2012 stuff. i just can't wait for the fun parties and concerts that will be going on at the time Pleased

varun
#14 Posted : 12/16/2008 10:07:28 AM

jo_cosmic

I think this would be the thirteenth time that we come to an end of the Mayan (Olmec) time cycle. That's why its called the 13 Baktun count. Don't think 2012 will be so unique... it's just like the resetting of an odometer because we have run out of numbers so everything starts off at o.o.o.o.o.o.o again. However I have heard something about the solar system passing through the dark rift of the galaxy but not sure how unique or significant it is in practical terms. Symbollically they say it's like the sun being reborn from the womb again.
I like that Jorkest... maybe it's already happened and we were to busy arguing and ridiculing to realize!
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

Saidin
#15 Posted : 12/16/2008 4:43:25 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I believe this would be the fifth time acording to the Mayans.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Eschaton
#16 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted for uncouth dialogue (unintentional)

Eschaton
#17 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:01:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
what if it DOES allow us to enter Hyperspace..we dont know yet..haha SWIM certainly has had spice experiences where they showed him how we can enter hyperspace physically...takes some pretty advanced technology no doubt

All it takes is a human nervous system.

Eschaton
#18 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
^^Yes but if any general shift in human behavior comes it will come from the realization of the danger we are all in and the dangerous situation we are putting the world in, and not come because of some day that happens to coincide with a day when the mayan calendar happens to end (most likely because they stopped counting). Also it will probably have little or nothing to do with endogenous dmt levels. I think that really doesn't make sense. If people started producing too much dmt and tripping out all the time the world would become a mess much like if everyone overnight became schizophrenic. We wouldn't be able to farm eat have sex etc etc and our society would collapse.

No offense, but are any of you actually reading what I have presented?

Quote:

Assuming there is a conscious god...

I heavily recommend reading Alan Watts; I am not referring to a "conscious god"

As far as black holes and particle accelerators those fears are totally unfounded even if they do manage to make mini black holes (which would be an amazing discovery! I don't think you realize how amazing it really would be in terms of furthering our understanding of the universe) it would only exist for fractions of fractions of a second. Again another example of internet paranoid nonsense.

Quote:
An interesting article in Medical Hypotheses proposes a role of these molecules as neurotransmitters playing a role in subjective experience and perception (JV. Wallach, Endogenous Hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors; A possible role in sensory perception.)

Yes this is where things should be going to answer these questions. BTW thanks for posting this title for a nice review. The trace amine system is offering some fascinating clues to the possible role of endogenous tryptamines and phenylethylamines.

anyway don't want to hijack the thread but i really don't buy into any of this 2012 stuff. i just can't wait for the fun parties and concerts that will be going on at the time Pleased

burnt
#19 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:15:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Reading comprehension. Try it out? Perhaps read into the authors I quoted before letting dung slide out of your mouth?

Other people's crazy views? What are yours? Where are your thoughts?

You have added nothing to the discussion.

Thank you.

I think bufoman has added a very rational side to this discussion. People take spirituality for granted as if its a given just like people take god as a given. But neither has been proven to be true. Until that happens there will always be and should always be skeptical people out there. There is some very interesting science going on with dmt research that has nothing to do with spirituality or other dimensions. Until the spiritual realms are needed to make the dmt experience make sense then it should be looked at. Until then its just beliefs and ideas about what could be happening.

Also apocalyptic visions need to be looked at critically. Remember Y2K? Nothing happened. People rave on and on about the future and how its all coming to end but its usually nonsense. Obviously you have spent a lot of time putting together your theory and your ideas but looking at your website I do not see anything that to me is convincing. But that is just my opinion based on my own beliefs about what happens on psychedelic drugs (as well as some facts) so I think its important to answer the WHY question. WHY do you believe what you are claiming?

For example the pineal gland question. Why do you think at 2012 there will be more dmt being produced in the human body?

FIrst of all dmt is not produced in the pineal gland or well its more likely that its made somewhere else in the body. We have discussed this point on numerous threads in this site. So that throws a big what the heck into your theory. Second the pineal gland is an ancient organ that is sensitive to light so that organisms can regulate day and night cycles so yes it is a kind of "third" eye but that has nothing to do with anything spiritual at all. There is nothing magical about the pineal gland it 100% fits in with current scientific models of reality and the universe.

I do not bring up these points to just argue on and on with you about it but too often I see people come up with very radical ideas about whats going on with psychedelic drugs and especially dmt without providing any serious evidence. To me its just like a preacher running around with a bible saying its true with no serious evidence.

Theres nothing wrong with speculating and believing and coming up with new ideas but if one wants them to be taken seriously 1 expect criticism (see it as constructive criticism not an insult) and 2. get evidence real evidence.

Quote:
Deleted for uncouth dialogue (unintentional)

Well yes to party down you know theres going to be some good parties at that time. Is there a problem with that?

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 12/16/2008 5:32:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps he believes it based on his experience..

and that is not exactly true on Y2K...at nine oclock that day my father had a seizure and broke his back AND his face!! he wasnt y2k compatible i guess

personally i feel that something has already happened..look at this site for one..there has been more advances in dmt extraction than i have ever seen..there are more people coming up with new ideas all the time..look at the state of the world...we are killing this planet..and unless something changes(whether we make the change or aliens do...personally i feel WE are the aliens)..unless something changes...this world is going to end...our planet is sick...and its about to kill off a virus...

i live in a place where everybody has to be VERY in tune with the weather and the movements of the moon..EVERYBODY can tell that the weather has been doing funky things..going from 12 degress at night..to 52 in the day...and then back down to 23 for a few days..and then it snows...then it rains..and then it snows and rains when its 25 degrees...we have more nukes on this planet than we could ever possibly need..unless we wanted to wipe life off the face of the planet..

there IS something happening..its all around us...2012 to me..is more like a distraction..so that we dont notice all the changes happening now...we see that date as something that will happen..but its ALREADY happening..magic is starting to flood this world...

i feel that when somebody smokes dmt for the first time..they are moved over to a probable reality slightly different from the one they were in before...almost everyone that SWIM has given dmt to..the NEXT day..starts running into other people that have smoked it...or taken ayahuasca..its like a whole world opens up around you..

but all of these ideas could be wrong..i understand that..but these ideas sprung from EXPERIENCE..and that to me..is the only truth

and one last thing...one of the things SWIM has always looked for is evidence of dmt affecting his reality...now...every so often he will have an experience where it will look like hes found that evidence...just to have the elves take it back..its their secret..i dont think they want the word out yet...

he had one experience when he was on acid..and he decided it would be fun to smoke some spice..well he took two really big hits..and the next thing he knows he has to puke..so somehow he grabs his trash bin..and pulls out the bag in it..and then 'puked'(there wasnt anything in the trash that resembled puke afterwards..must have just been energy) anyway he puked and then looked down..and there on the floor was this black bag..so he opened it curiously..just to find messages in the bag to HIM! he was just about to take the bag down to his friends house to show them what the elves had left him...well..the bag ended up being the trash bag..with all sorts of trash in it..like mail..that was to him...

he really felt he had finally found hard evidence..just to have to taken right out of his hands
it's a sound

123NEXT