We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What is that taste when you take blotter acid? Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:30:04 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

endlessness wrote:
But if that was so, then every blotter with a given amount would taste the same, no?

no
it depends on the concentration of the solution. you could put a drop from a very dilute solution on one blotter, and a drop of very concentrated tartrate salt solution on another...you'll obviously taste the latter

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#22 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:33:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But you would suspect they use stoichiometric amounts of salt in lsd synthesis so that you have no excess tartaric acid in the solution.. So if you are consuming one dose which has 100ug of LSD, it would be the same taste of another blotter with equivalent amount, considering both have no tartaric acid excess, no?

benzyme
#23 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:40:16 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you gotta realize... a lot of these "families" out there are not chemists. they follow traditional recipes.even if it were stoichiometric from batch to batch, the dilution factors may be different. I suspect some of the taste differences are due to autooxidation from exposure to air. again, this is partially tartaric acid (in most formulations), which is a naturally-occuring component of wine. it does get bitter after exposure to air

i've also tasted differences, and i suspect its from different formulations (maleic vs tartaric), not RCs. i exposed blotters to 365 nm light, lsd gives off that characteristic baby blue glow, even on printed blotters
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Genozid
#24 Posted : 2/10/2012 3:27:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never tasted it on white on white so I always thought it was the ink

lyserge
#25 Posted : 2/10/2012 7:43:48 AM

polyfather anomalous

Genozid wrote:
I've never tasted it on white on white so I always thought it was the ink

I've tasted the metallic taste on white-on-white, and had white-on-whites that didn't have the taste...also had some "Maya" prints with a strong bitter taste, not the metallic taste, but which packed a lysergic punch and field-tested positive for LSD.

endlessness wrote:
Lysergify, maybe that tuna tastes metalic because it has heavy metal accumulation? Things like lead or mercury stay in the organism of small fish, and it accumulates in big fish (such as tuna) that eat the small fish. That probably isnt healthy (not to mention most tuna fishing is very unsustainable and with socially negative consequences, with big western countries fishing off the coast of somalia and further increasing their poverty, but thats a whole different story completely _

I just posted that tuna quote because I happened to be browsing another website at the same time this article was open in another tab, and found the resemblance between the tuna/acid metallic taste worthy of a paste-post.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Kash
#26 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

The strongest perforated blotters I have taken were called hoffmans and had no taste on them whatsoever, and I wouldnt be able to tell the difference from a normal peice of paper compared to the tab. I have also tried tabs with some taste on them also.

My guess has always been that the taste has to be from:

1)chemical binders that are used to preserve/secure the LSD to the paper, was made with intent of long term storage
2)the taste of any excess acid(e.g. tartaric acid) that was used to make the LSD salt.
3)possibly any various oxidation products

But generally the best tabs I have had have been without taste.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

GratefulDad
#27 Posted : 3/17/2012 5:56:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I rarely get any flavor, but definitely can taste the LSD, but it's more like an electric feeling that shoots through my body. Have tested and confirmed that it was good, by a quick taste. I am a good taste tester, in other words. Can definitely tell a difference between LSD and an RC.

Ellis D'Empty
#28 Posted : 3/17/2012 10:08:16 AM

Snirfneblin

I think it'd be interesting for someone to eat a blank blotter and see if they don't taste something, of course they couldn't know it was blank... as that would defeat the purpose.

Maybe a lot of the 'taste' is just the taste of paper.....
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

PREV12