We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What is that taste when you take blotter acid? Options

52-dsl
#1 Posted : 1/31/2012 10:23:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lsd is supposed to be tasteless, oderless, and colorless right? I've dropped atleast 200 times mostly in the early 90's. White blotter was the most prominent back then. Most of the paper I took had a distinct chemical taste to it. I never noticed it with liquid though. Usually the stronger it tasted, the 'dirtier' it was. Then I've had paper with no taste at all and it was super potent. I have'nt had blotter in about 10 years now. Have'nt even found any in 3 years and then it was good, clean, liquid. So things may be differe'nt now.

Another thing I would want opinions on is dosages. I always heared you can't really trip any harder than about 600 mcgs. I kinda agree. The most I've ever done at once was 25 hits. I've tripped that hard plenty of times, but the lingering effects lasted a few weeks that time. I was'nt tripping for 2 weeks, but I was deep in thought. Those hits were average (50 mikes) so I figured that was about 1250 mikes. I had deadhead friends, so it was possible for me to take a real measured dose of crystals so I took 625 mikes another time and that was the same intensity, but did'nt last as long. Another time I unexpectedly tripped that hard was when I had the privelege of helping lay out sheets. I had surgical gloves on too and it still soaked through!

Lastly, what is the best acid you have done? Mine were seeds. They were clear little gels about the size of a small pot seed of LSD-25. I only took 1 and it was one of the most intense, beatiful experiences I ever had! Super colorful, unique visuals, relaxing, no side effects. Also had it in pill form too. Those were supposedly 200 mikes, but the same effects as the seeds, just not as strong. And the best paper I've done (from the streets), was globes. I think that was 1989. They had a blue dot on each hit.

I hope I can find some again eventually cause now I really want to try LSDMT!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SpartanII
#2 Posted : 1/31/2012 10:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard pure LSD was tasteless, but I too have noticed that "chemical taste" on blotter. I assume it's residual chemical impurities.

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 1/31/2012 11:23:00 PM

Stiletto Stoner

My two cents on variables that (could) )effect the taste

1c - Content (purity, degradation, substance itself, etc)
2c - Medium (inked paper, regular paper, liquid, microdot, etc)
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

nexalizer
#4 Posted : 2/1/2012 12:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't tell where I've read it from memory, but quite sure it was a physical book. There, it said LSD is not tasteless, contrary to popular opinion.

That goes hand in hand with my personal experience. To me it tastes slightly bitter, in blotter form anyway (if it's really LSD's taste it shouldn't matter), which is the only way I've ever had it.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

ragabr
#5 Posted : 2/1/2012 12:28:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Each time I've had liquid or windowpane, it was completely tasteless.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

benzyme
#6 Posted : 2/1/2012 1:31:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you're tasting the dissociation of a salt.
LSD on blotter isn't pure, it's typically a tartrate or maleate salt.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

52-dsl
#7 Posted : 2/1/2012 2:43:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ OK, that makes sense. And that would be why you don't get that taste with liquid.?.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 2/1/2012 3:01:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yup
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

deadlight
#9 Posted : 2/1/2012 12:46:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i think ink is a big factor

benzyme
#10 Posted : 2/1/2012 12:48:55 PM

analytical chemist

on white blotters?

PrimalWisdom
#11 Posted : 2/1/2012 1:32:22 PM

Everything the light touches

Yeah all the tabs I’ve done have had a taste it’s kind of bitter, but not really, more metallic I’d say. All the liquid I have had was practically tasteless.

The best acid I have ever had were anniversary edition Hofmanns (Laid in 1999) – with the number 2000 under the picture and a molecule on the back. A good friend of mine lives in Amsterdam and met a crazy dude at his place of work. They got chatting and this guy said he was part of some “cult/group” (not sure of the details) that had these strange parties where everyone ate loads of acid and sorta danced around naked and stuff like that (seriously this is what I was told) Anyway this guy said he has some “magic” acid that’s 10 years old and he wants to gift it to my mate in Amsterdam. Anyway my friend sends it back home to me with a note saying be very careful 350ug!!!
I invited a friend round to trip with me, at the last minute he chickens out because of the note. A bit annoyed I said screw it and I took 2 because I’d had the same Hofmanns back when they were going around and knew they were strong, but probably only around 150ug. Within 20 minutes. I could hardly stand and see for all the swirling paisley patterns. I kept remarking that it was not possible to be that high within such a short time. I was an absolute wreck. I was drooling, couldn’t speak properly or anything(my friend tells me so), but inside I was feeling magnificent I was one with everything, I was zooming through space and time in my head etc…
Cut to about ½ way through the trip and to this day I can’t quite fathom what happened, but I got sent to a place kinda like our DMT hyperspace, but a lot more ordered, met a bunch of very strange “entities” and some humans, had some extremely odd interactions with them all (telepathic and physical) Anyway too much stuff happened to go into detail, but it truly was “magical” acid.

As for dosage. I rarely take more than 400ug I just find I have a better trip if I don’t overdo it.

I also currently have some 2nd edition Avatars, which are just delightful. – currently my 2nd favourite blotter – Hofmann’s being #1.

Peace

PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

RebornInSmoke
#12 Posted : 2/1/2012 6:56:08 PM

Lysergic Feline

the majority of the time, ink.
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

bindu
#13 Posted : 2/1/2012 7:17:04 PM

With high doses i usually have a slightly metallic feeling/taste
blessed be all forms of intelligence

۩
#14 Posted : 2/1/2012 7:31:34 PM

I've had all kinds of acid over the years...and up until I smartened up had some RC's here and there as well.

Now that I have pure LSD slightly oxidized amber in EtOH solution even 50 micrograms immediately gives me that weird electric sensation that almost sparks the gag reflexes. The body immediately gets to work on this stuff it seems. For me it's even more intense with blotter paper simply because I HATE eating paper I think it's disgusting. And I absolutely refuse sugar as a medium these days because the acid increases my sensitivity to it and even just a cube makes me feel disgusting.

LSD IS AMAZING!

Xemnas
#15 Posted : 2/2/2012 5:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A phrase I've heard is "If it's bitter, it's a spitter".

If you can taste it, there's a good chance it's something other than LSD. Although sometimes one can taste the ink, I don't see why that would happen with white blotter. As far as the LSD being a salt or not being pure goes, I would think there isn't enough substance on the blotter for one to taste it unless they're incredibly strong hits or you're taking many at once.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 2/4/2012 7:41:19 PM

analytical chemist

not only can that amount fit on a blotter, it can activate taste receptors. pure lsd isn't stable in its pure form, and is always stored/distributed as a salt in solution. the salt complex itself is technically an impurity.

statins are the most bitter compounds, your tastebuds may be able to taste
sub-ug amounts. but, we're talking about tartrate salts, which can certainly
be tasted at ug amounts

lyserge
#17 Posted : 2/5/2012 11:36:09 AM

polyfather anomalous

Tuna nigiri. For me, there is a sort of metallic flavour to most raw tuna; but belly tuna, the fatty cut known as toro, is just sensational -- when you can get it. (This isn't it. This is just your bog-standard maguro.)
lyserge attached the following image(s):
tuna-sushi.jpg (23kb) downloaded 198 time(s).
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

endlessness
#18 Posted : 2/5/2012 1:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree even pure LSD has some kind of metallic/electric taste, but this is not the same as some very bitter blotter out there. Some may be DOx or whatever, but not always. I have seen some analyzed LSD test positive for just LSD and yet have some bitter taste, more-so than the normal metallic taste..

Benzyme, do you think in some cases it is possible there's some ink fixing substance too, or ? If so, what kind of substance could that be?

Lysergify, maybe that tuna tastes metalic because it has heavy metal accumulation? Things like lead or mercury stay in the organism of small fish, and it accumulates in big fish (such as tuna) that eat the small fish. That probably isnt healthy (not to mention most tuna fishing is very unsustainable and with socially negative consequences, with big western countries fishing off the coast of somalia and further increasing their poverty, but thats a whole different story completely Razz _

benzyme
#19 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:21:59 PM

analytical chemist

ink probably has little to do with it, because like 52-dsl mentioned (i've observed this as well), white blotters also have that taste. this is likely something from the solution after the liquid has evaporated on the blotter; the salt becomes concentrated on the blotter

endlessness
#20 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:25:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But if that was so, then every blotter with a given amount would taste the same, no? And at least in my experience, there is both the normal metalic tast for every lsd, but also some extra bitterness for some (even those that are still lsd and not RCs), so Im not sure what other explanation would account for all of this... Any clue?

12NEXT