We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mislabeling led to queationable results: bufo ext. Options

Psilo-somatic
#1 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:20:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright so SWIM screwed up, mislabeled, and did an acetone extraction on just ground peregrina seeds without the calcium hydroxide step (going for freebase). so are the salt forms in the seeds soluble in acetone? He got similar looking results as a side by side extraction that was basified.
If the seed salts are soluble in acetone then he could basify the residue and re-extract with acetone to yeild freebase. Is this possible or did i just pull bullshit with this pull?

Prommpt help would be greatly appretited. tahnks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:45:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The salt forms are insoluble in acetone, so they are still in the seeds. The acetone will just contain junk and can be discarded.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:59:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I know the citrate salts are insoluble... are you sure the naturally-occuring ones are as well? If there's a possibility that his extraction contains bufotenine, it might we worthwhile to base the seeds and extracted gunk together, then pull with acetone, so as to avoid losing the bufotenine.

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:46:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, SWIM is sure. He Soxhlet extracted the seeds for 24 hours in acetone and no alkaloids were extracted. He then freebased the seeds and extracted again with new acetone and got wonderful yields.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

kemist
#5 Posted : 12/14/2008 11:20:16 AM

John

How about DCM? Did SWIM try extract natural occurring salts (not only from cebil) with DCM in Soxhlet ?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

69ron
#6 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes he did. DCM didn't pull out any of the natural salt alkaloids from Yopo/Vilca.

Note that acetone or MEK can extract the LSA salts from HBWR in a soxhlet. But neither can extract the natural salt alkaloids in Yopo/Vilca.

SpasticSpaz
#7 Posted : 12/16/2008 12:45:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Was the acetone dried? SWIM's experiments seem to suggest wet acetone (ie, how it comes when purchased from the hardware store) will dissolve the salts.

69ron
#8 Posted : 12/16/2008 1:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM used KleanStrip brand acetone that was distilled prior to use. That's pure acetone, but slightly wet I believe. He did use completely dry Yopo seeds though, and that could maybe make a little difference. The fresh seeds contain water, I think 20% or so.