We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Smoked 10 mg 10 minutes ago. Options

Phill
#1 Posted : 1/27/2012 9:37:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.

as the topic header says, i've just smoked my first little bit of dmt.

i used a lightbuld and tube, which perhaps isnt the best method, but it worked.

i've been really nervous about taking any, having had some bad experiences in the past just with weed.
so after a few abortive efforts where i wasted something like 50 mg, i got a hit.

I've read quite alot about what to expect, so I wasnt particularly surprised. that said though, what followed was ......
a little disconcerting....

a few things immediately happened,
1. i got a sort of body rush, a bit like doing poppers, but all over my body, this was the most disconcerting thing, the times when i've had a bad one just through smoking too much weed, usually started with a similar sensation in my head.

2. the second thing was my vision sort of..... well.... not sure exactly how to describe it. it was a bit like i was looking through a fish eye lens, but not that pronounced, like my field of view increased somehow.

3. waves started pulsing through the duvet on my bed and the curtains... just ripples like on the ocean or on a lake, It looked a bit like those experiments i've seen on youtube of people putting magnetic forces through corn starch like this

I was wondering with a sense of trepidation at this point whether i was about to start tripping more.
this went on for a couple of minutes and was just... well kinda interesting. I relaxed into it a little and a smile crossed my face. it started to wear off. i wandered downstairs for a smoke, came back upstairs and wrote this.

i've still got a nice tingle and a smile on my face. most of all, I feel relieved that, even though it was only a small amount, it haven't freaked out or had any negative emotions. I feel like i'm ready to do a little more.

thanks for reading......

Peace...

“Time will perfect matter.”
― Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phill
#2 Posted : 1/27/2012 9:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

by the way though, my lungs are still sore, holy crap thats a harsh hit.
― Terence McKenna

Phill
#3 Posted : 1/27/2012 10:07:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

25 mins later, still grinning. listening to Orbital-Chime.
wondering how much to take next time.
i'd be very interested in hearing anyones feedback, I know i only took a tiny tiny amount, but I wanted to have a minimal experience, just to check it didnt cause my brain to leak out my ears.

― Terence McKenna

zombicyckel
#4 Posted : 1/27/2012 11:50:16 PM

Armchair activist

Smart to start low, damn I want to be with you now and try it out for the first time. My extraction is starting in about 4 weeks, I hope. Would do the same as you, build a machine or other smoking device and start low. Have a good time Smile I wish you the best of luck

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 1/28/2012 12:39:49 AM

John Murdoch IV

If your lungs are sore then you should clean your spice and maybe try out a different smoking method. If your spice is clean and you vaporize it then you shouldn't feel much if anything in your lungs.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

JuremaSpaceship
#6 Posted : 1/28/2012 2:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lightbulb vaping can be very harsh and inefficient, in my experience it works better out of a pipe with some herb, but you should look into a vapor genie...they are great.
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

Sky Motion
#7 Posted : 1/28/2012 3:38:19 AM

<3

You burnt the spice that's why your lungs hurt Sad

Make a machine, there are many threads on it here and it's as cheap as a lightbulb.

Also, you achieved extremely minimal effects, the machine will let you get a lot vaporized in one hit, that should help you get going Pleased

Skeemer
#8 Posted : 1/28/2012 4:31:30 AM

remeeks

stay at 10mg until you are fully comfortable there, with no worries of tripping harder then bump it up 5mg at a time. Get caapi and make changa. it's easier to smoke and lasts longer

dtrypt
#9 Posted : 1/28/2012 7:49:40 AM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

Hey Phill

You are doing it right, starting small and building a relationship with the spice Very happy

Happy travels!

Phill
#10 Posted : 1/28/2012 6:33:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback everyone,
when i said my lungs hurt, I didnt really mean it literally,
It was just quite harsh is all i meant.

I had been planning to make a proper machine, but I coulnt wait any longer...

as for the effects, I was fine after maybe 20 or 30 mins, just a nice glow..
but today I feel a little off.

it's more likely due to the single malt I drunk too much of last night.

I think I'm going make a machine, and try 10 mg again.. I still have a sense of trepidation really. we'll see how I get on.

thanks all
― Terence McKenna

VisualAnemia
#11 Posted : 1/28/2012 7:03:24 PM

Chalgren

Phill wrote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone,
when i said my lungs hurt, I didnt really mean it literally,
It was just quite harsh is all i meant.

I had been planning to make a proper machine, but I coulnt wait any longer...

Do what Skymotion recommended, a machine, takes about ten minutes to make, tops. There's a good guide on how-to make one here on nexus: How to make a machine

Best of luck!
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

nicky
#12 Posted : 1/30/2012 10:12:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would definetly agree with above posts, The Machine really is the way forward from what ive experienced, the vapor can be incredibly smooth. Any time ive tried to smoke out a lightbulb it has just hurt so bad.

Enjoy your future journeys Smile

Oh I would also reccomend using a cheap nasty diesel red aftershave bottle if you are finding it hard to find hennesey minis in the UK Smile

Phill
#13 Posted : 2/14/2012 7:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HOLY FUCK.

are pretty much the only words that I can yet summon to describe what I have just experienced..........

I am heartily impressed with anyone who can actually put into words.......

HOLY FUCK.

I upped the dose to 20mg using my new pipe.

I thought my head was going to explode. the feeling just intesified and intensified.

my thoughts seemed to be trapped into a loop ( anyone know what i mean by that).
Everything around me took on sort of curliqueue patterns and fractals. even my own movements seem to feel like they had "trails"
almost like slow motion.
at no point though did I lose,well my rational head i suppose. I just kept telling myself to breathe deep, you're ok, it wont last long.....
it scared me a bit, i'm having serious doubts about whether or not i'm going to do any more.

as I write this, I'm just starting to feel normal again. I guess the amount I took is still short of a full breakthough dose.
but for now at least, that plenty for me

Peace out psychonauts.
― Terence McKenna

TmC47
#14 Posted : 2/15/2012 6:34:34 PM

Nice guy

Phill wrote:

I upped the dose to 20mg using my new pipe.
Well, if 20 mg has that effect on you, I'd say you have your smoking technique down to an art! Very happy

I thought my head was going to explode. the feeling just intesified and intensified.

my thoughts seemed to be trapped into a loop ( anyone know what i mean by that).
Everything around me took on sort of curliqueue patterns and fractals. even my own movements seem to feel like they had "trails"
almost like slow motion.
at no point though did I lose,well my rational head i suppose. I just kept telling myself to breathe deep, you're ok, it wont last long.....
it scared me a bit, i'm having serious doubts about whether or not i'm going to do any more.
Yes... it can have that effect. And this is precisely the reason that DMT is not a substance that lends itself to abuse very much. It's just so much to process. It is not 'fun' by any standard. But if you learn the language of the spice by engaging in conversation with it, it WILL eventually be kind to you. It's like alchemy: you're transmuting a substance into another by making your own, and it transmutes you in the process.

as I write this, I'm just starting to feel normal again. I guess the amount I took is still short of a full breakthough dose.
but for now at least, that plenty for me

Peace out psychonauts.

Cheers, and peace!
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

Phill
#15 Posted : 2/15/2012 7:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, my cheap digital scales said 19mg. how accurate they are, I can't say.
― Terence McKenna

The Observer
#16 Posted : 2/17/2012 3:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have had unpleasant experiences with "weed", I think perhaps you should avoid this entirely!!

Just a thought!
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

Bill Cipher
#17 Posted : 2/17/2012 5:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations on taking the next step. I think easing your way in is wise.

For me, 20mgs (especially vaporized with the machine) causes a great deal of dysphoria and confusion, and really only hints at the beauty of a more immersive experience. I would say that in my experience (and this is all very subjective), the true face of DMT begins to reveal itself around 30mgs. You would be amazed by how different 30 is to 20, 40 is to 30, 50 is to 40, and so on.

At a certain point, the you that you know will simply be taken out of the equation. There will be no more thought loops because "you" won't be present to be capable of thinking. Of course, the transition to that space is exponentially more traumatic than what you've just experienced, but the payoff is huge in ways you can't fathom until you've actually been there. Reaching a point where, rather than experiencing the space from the vantage point of an awestruck outside oberver, you merge with and actually become the experience, is a truly life changing event.

Purges
#18 Posted : 2/17/2012 5:41:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ for me, 20-30 mgs is a wonderful experience, often a breakthrough, sometimes a really deep, heavy breakthrough. 40-50mg for me can be dysphoric and confusing, and totally overwhelming - but sometimes that is what's needed Wink . DMT has certainly shown its true face in the 20-30 mg range -- for me, everyone is different after all, and different dose ranges effect people differently. Heck, sometimes 20 mgs won't touch the sides, and others it will shoot me out of my body quicker than it takes to say "HOLY F$%£!!!" - I really do think DMT has its own agenda.

Don't be afraid of hovering in the dose range that you are currently in if that is where you feel comfortable. It certainly isn't a competition! Have a read around these forums and you will see that those who are being/ have been silly with their dosage / frequency of use have been stung, sometimes BIG TIME, and as many of us can attest it can be the most terrifying thing you are likely to experience.

I don't mean to put you off, I guess what I am saying is you are doing it right! Respect and a bit of trepidation will serve you well with this stuff.

May I also recommend some form of Harmala - whether this be pre dosed, or together in Changa - I find these journeys to be the most blissful and rewarding.

Welcome to the forum! Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Bill Cipher
#19 Posted : 2/17/2012 6:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
I really do think DMT has its own agenda.

Werd.

Purges wrote:
May I also recommend some form of Harmala - whether this be pre dosed, or together in Changa - I find these journeys to be the most blissful and rewarding.

Double werd.

Purges wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Cool

Werditty werd werd werd.

Electric Kool-Aid
#20 Posted : 2/17/2012 6:30:57 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

It's so amazing! I have the ut most respect for you guys. I don't know how you do it! Take 3 big huge hits and hold them all in for 20 seconds. By the 2nd one you are fading and you manage to have a 3rd? Holding 1 in and fading quickly was all I could do! Respect...
Or is it 3 small blasts make up a dose? Like easing in to it? Like changa where you just sort of puff until reality just goes...
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

12NEXT