We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Maiden voyage... Blown Mind... Options

SammaSam
#1 Posted : 1/26/2012 2:48:50 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

PRE-CONDITIONS

(mind)Set: Excited, slightly nervous but a nervous excitement
(physical condition) Set: Good, no issues
Setting (location): Friend's cozy apartment, his girlfriend and my best friend also there in the room. Silent, no music or talking.
time of day: Roughly 10:10PM, partly cloudy outside but couldn't see out windows anyway
recent drug use: Moderate dose of LSD about 10 days prior, otherwise none
last meal: I keep a lacto-vegetarian diet, skipped dinner so hadn't eaten since 1:30PM or so. Wasn't hungry.

PARTICIPANT

body weight: 113 kg
known sensitivities: Unknown
history of use: First timer

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): DMT (crystals)
Dose(s): 42mg
Method of administration: GVG

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00:20, single hit
Duration: Total duration of effects before all sensation was gone: 17 mins
First effects: T=0:00:30, came up hard and fast
Peak: T=0:01:00-0:03:30
Come down: T=0:03:30-0:10:00
Baseline: T=0:17:00

Intensity (overall): 4 - Extremely intense during peak period
Evaluation / notes: Massive visual display during peak, felt like peak only lasted for 45 seconds but was roughly 2 1/2 minutes.

OPTIONAL

Pleasantness: 2, bizarre/exhilarating
Unplesantness: 2, bizarre/disorienting
Visual Intensity: 4 during peak

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0, none
Afterglow: 2, after comedown had roughly 7-10 minutes of warm fuzzy body load before effects were totally gone. 100% positive/relieved feeling afterward.

FANTASTIC maiden voyage, albeit pretty bizarre in content and message. I don't suppose it's ever not bizarre Smile Totally exhilarating and the morning after I feel very positive and confident about taking the ride again.

Went to my friend's apartment last night for my first experience with the molecule, excited and (in hindsight) perhaps a bit rushed to finally do it after weeks of working on extraction/waiting for the GVG to arrive. Joining us were my friend's girlfriend and my best friend, who was not interested in participating but agreed to come along as a sitter as he often does when my ambition outpaces his courage. Generally a very positive, upbeat vibe and the nervous excitement was palpable, at least for me. My friend and his girlfriend had both tried DMT on 2 prior occasions, mostly in groups with changa with minimal effects. Got all of the supplies unpacked, passed along some general instructions for the GVG, strapped a wireless heart monitor to my chest, started a digital voice recorder and sat down probably 12 minutes after I walked in the door. Took 42mg in one hit, handed the GVG and torch off to my friend, and sat back in the armchair...

In retrospect I probably should have taken more time to get acclimated to the room and more mentally/physically settled before I took that hit. I think I was just so excited to finally do it that I jumped the gun a bit. About 20 seconds after leaning back in the chair, my consciousness started rotating counterclockwise and the last active thought I had was "Well, look at that. You just walked right in, sat down and killed yourself. That was quick."

The sensation immediately after that was roughly like being liquefied and flushed down a two-dimensional neon psychedelic toilet into a bizarre vector-motion TV commercial. This substance had something it needed to say to me, and I was supposed to listen. I was not aware of my body at all, it was like sitting 30cm away from a massive HDTV and watching the pixels move. Massive fractal kaleidoscope effect, patterns of geometric shapes all changing in unison in all directions as far as my field of awareness could detect. Then came the message, spoken in robotic gibberish that I could not speak but understood perfectly, synchronized with vivid neon 2D animation of the same message as it was coming to me. Visuals of neon vector line-art human figures throughout the history of our species seeking, finding, and ingesting a secret magic potion - the same potion that I had just ingested. Sweeping fluorescent drawings of desert people drinking snake venom, ancient Babylonian sorcerers guzzling hot pink boiling liquid from bright blue Erlenmeyer flasks and then exploding in a dazzling pixelated fireworks show, a massive spooky Romanian-style castle where a witch and a wizard brewed the potion in an underground lair and then brought it upstairs for the king to drink... only for him to instantly melt into drizzling acidic liquid that then melted the entire castle, which subsequently imploded and seeped through cracks in the rocks below where the castle had stood. It told me that this magic potion was an archetypal primordial "itch" that is encoded in the DNA of every human being, but is only scratched by the few people crazy and determined enough to dedicate themselves to finding it, making it, and drinking it at the risk of their own peril. Throughout history these people have been at times lauded as sages and shamans, and other times marginalized or even persecuted as witches and other nefarious characters. All have sought the very same substance I have sought and found - the fabled Philosopher's Stone of the Alchemists.

The pink fluorescent acid blood of the melted king's annihilated castle dissolves into a dazzling display of fractal patterns and I become aware that I am sitting in the chair in my friend's apartment - I open my eyes and realize that I shouldn't have done that. I am very much still under the influence and look at my friend and tell him "it's not over yet, hold on" and close my eyes. This is a comedown period in which I can create and manipulate geometric shapes and patters behind my eyelids, but I am still totally conscious of sitting in the chair in the room with my friends watching me as I play. About 10 minutes after liftoff I open my eyes and still have a warm fuzzy sensation in my body but the visuals are essentially gone. I sit up and explain what I saw - my best friend who was in charge of watching the heart monitor said I started at roughly 93bpm and jumped to about 110bpm within 30 seconds, peaking at 115bpm at the 2 minute mark and then coming back down slowly to about 80bpm when I started talking.

Overall, VERY happy with the experience even though it was pretty bizarre Smile I will definitely take a more patient and deliberate approach next time and prepare more mentally. If that wasn't a breakthrough, then I can't wait for that to happen - this was easily the most intense, gripping, fascinating psychedelic experience of my life and it only lasted a few minutes. Thanks for reading and thanks to everyone on this site for all the help and support getting to this point. I'm going to be taking my first Aya journey in about 2 weeks and I'll be sure to report back on that.

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Purges
#2 Posted : 1/26/2012 3:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations! Sounds pretty breakthroughish to me! And you brought a lot back too, I look forward to further reports my friend Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

3rdI
#3 Posted : 1/26/2012 3:32:29 PM

veni, vidi, spici

well, you have discovered the averageness that is DMT, its not bad is itWink

sounds like you had a good first dose, i think that a strong first dose is a good way to go, i know alot of people say to start low but a good solid first dose leaves one hell of an impression.

its good that you can bring so much back, i find that the more i write about my journeys the more i remember.

Dont expect it to get less wierd, expect it to get wierder and wierder. One day you will think "hmm, im starting to get the hang of this stuff now" and then boooom, it shows you that you have got the hang of nothingTwisted Evil .

I wish you well on your impending Aya journey, im still awaiting for a sufficiant dose of bravery to take mine.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 1/26/2012 5:35:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great write up.

Pass go. Collect $200. Leave nursery. Cool

VisualAnemia
#5 Posted : 1/27/2012 11:46:37 AM

Chalgren

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Great write up.

Pass go. Collect $200. Leave nursery. Cool

What Uncle Knucles said. Very happy

Sammasam wrote:
I open my eyes and realize that I shouldn't have done that. - About 10 minutes after liftoff I open my eyes and still have a warm fuzzy sensation in my body but the visuals are essentially gone

This is such a striking feature with spice that "gets me" everytime.

Take more spice and you won't "open your eyes" since you, in most cases won't have time to shut them. Neither will you "come down" but you will, in a rather dramatic fashion fall out of the other world, as violently as you first entered it, by breaking through something, IME ofc.

Although I mostly tend to be liquefied "in order" to enter these otherly- alien worlds as to having the general description of a "breakthrough", something that rarely occurs to me.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the read, perhaps one should try out a heartmoniter too Very happy

I have one question: Why did you decide to dose 42mg's?

Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

SammaSam
#6 Posted : 1/27/2012 1:01:42 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Thanks! And regarding the dose... I thought about how much I should use for my first time and I didn't want to under-do it and be disappointed. I tend to have a pretty high tolerance for psychoactive substances in general, and after much contemplation came to the conclusion that the answer was 42 Wink

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

VisualAnemia
#7 Posted : 1/27/2012 6:18:05 PM

Chalgren

SammaSam wrote:
Thanks! And regarding the dose... I thought about how much I should use for my first time and I didn't want to under-do it and be disappointed. I tend to have a pretty high tolerance for psychoactive substances in general, and after much contemplation came to the conclusion that the answer was 42 Wink

I like your reasoning Smile

Personally I follow my own rule of thumb; Breakthrough dose or not. I simply follow my guts when weighing out my dose on an accurate +-1mg scale Smile

There's magic out there!

SammaSam
#8 Posted : 1/27/2012 9:56:31 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Yep, I have a .001g scale that I calibrated before dosing just to make sure, thankfully it came with a handy little dish with a pour spout on it. Super psyched for episode 2, should be the middle of next week before I leave for my trip / aya trip Smile

VisualAnemia
#9 Posted : 1/28/2012 10:43:21 AM

Chalgren

Best of luck on your future travels then, travel safely...or don't! Pleased

There's magic out there!