We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Blind and DMT Options

Taisteali
#1 Posted : 1/24/2012 5:53:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While i was laying in bed yesterday evening drifting off to sleep, a question arose in my head. What does a blind person experience while under the influence of an enthogen as visually intense as DMT? Is it the chemical that conjures up these intricate geometrical shapes in our minds eye? Or would a blind person experience the substance through other avenues of sensory stimulation? Just curious...
Load universe into cannon, aim cannon at brain

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 1/24/2012 6:01:40 PM

Hey there,

There are already several threads on this topic. Try a google search, there's some good info in the threads.

Skooma
#3 Posted : 1/24/2012 7:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a blind friend! Maybe I should ask him if he would want to try spice... hmm

JuremaSpaceship
#4 Posted : 1/24/2012 7:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been thinking about this too. It probably makes a difference if the person was born blind, or went blind. Either way it's very interesting, I'll see what a google search has to offer.
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

acacian
#5 Posted : 1/25/2012 2:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if a blind person did see colour and had the same nature of experience to what a lot of nonblind people have when using dmt, then couldnt that be quite a groundbreaking discovery in recognising that the hyperspace experience/visonary experience isn't merely a reflection of the ego, or subconscious?

Guyomech
#6 Posted : 1/25/2012 3:35:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

It could be that the trip of a blind person is multi-sensory, including visuals- but their memories of it, their translation into an everyday language they could undsatand, would have to be translated into the senses they're familiar with- visual memories would be so alien as to be impossible to recall directly.

Think about how much of the psychedelic experience seeing people have to leave behind- almost as if some of the trip experience happens in senses we don't normally have. Leaving behind most of the experience and only recalling loosely translated snapshots- that's normal. To a person born sightless, the visual component is left behind- but the other aspects of the experience are recalled with greater depth and clarity- think of how the sightless are known for their keen hearing.

Entheojen
#7 Posted : 1/25/2012 8:36:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In addition to what's been said, I guess it would depend where the problem is: the eyes, the optic nerve or the brain for example. If the brain is damaged in that area I guess it would be a very different kind of experience. If only the eyes or optic nerve are affected, my guess would be that it would be no different than the next person's.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Key Omen
#8 Posted : 1/26/2012 5:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have turned 2 people on, who were color blind, each of them on separate accounts told me that they never saw red before but that must have been it. I never asked them about being color blind, they just shared that to me in the exact same way as each other!

DMT from Mimosa

Electric Kool-Aid
#9 Posted : 1/26/2012 8:56:12 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

off topic...
If blind can see with DMT, what about deaf hearing the drone sound and entities talking!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

tetra
#10 Posted : 1/26/2012 1:59:45 PM

BaconBerry

bricklaya wrote:
if a blind person did see colour and had the same nature of experience to what a lot of nonblind people have when using dmt, then couldnt that be quite a groundbreaking discovery in recognising that the hyperspace experience/visonary experience isn't merely a reflection of the ego, or subconscious?

Or perhaps there are other ways to perceive other than eyeballs. Perhaps the "third eye" opens to let you see in another way. "Modern birds and reptiles have been found to express the phototransducing pigment melanopsin in the pineal gland" (clip and paste from wiki). I don't think it's too big a stretch to consider humans seeing with the pineal.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Aetherius Rimor
#11 Posted : 1/27/2012 6:47:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Enki Nemo wrote:
I have turned 2 people on, who were color blind, each of them on separate accounts told me that they never saw red before but that must have been it.

I'm colorblind as well, and have never seen colors that I don't normally see in a day to day basis. Then again, I have no idea what color's I'm seeing. I can only guess what my visuals are.

Raz
#12 Posted : 1/27/2012 11:22:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There is records of people born blind who could see during near death experiance, so why not DMT?

*snip*

Vicki Umipeg, a forty-five year old blind woman, was just one of the more than thirty persons that Dr. Ken Ring and Sharon Cooper interviewed at length during a two-year study just completed concerning near-death experiences of the blind. The results of their study appear in their newest book Mindsight. Vicki was born blind, her optic nerve having been completely destroyed at birth because of an excess of oxygen she received in the incubator. Yet, she appears to have been able to see during her NDE. Her story is a particularly clear instance of how NDEs of the congenitally blind can unfold in precisely the same way as do those of sighted persons. As you will see, apart from the fact that Vicki was not able to discern color during her experience, the account of her NDE is absolutely indistinguishable from those with intact visual systems. The following is an excerpt from Dr. Ring's latest book reprinted by permission.

Vicki told Dr. Ring she found herself floating above her body in the emergency room of a hospital following an automobile accident. She was aware of being up near the ceiling watching a male doctor and a female nurse working on her body, which she viewed from her elevated position. Vicki has a clear recollection of how she came to the realization that this was her own body below her. The following is her experience.

for whole story and experiance:
http://www.near-death.co...eriences/evidence03.html
*I used to think I was thought, I was however, not in my right mind*

*This cluster is clearly in fuzzy bubblegum*

Al Dimentiz
#13 Posted : 1/28/2012 12:10:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only way to find out is if a blind person smokes DMT and post his report here.

So... If anyone of you have a blind friend, please tell him to try it at least once :-D
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Key Omen
#14 Posted : 1/30/2012 7:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tetra wrote:
bricklaya wrote:

Or perhaps there are other ways to perceive other than eyeballs. Perhaps the "third eye" opens to let you see in another way. "Modern birds and reptiles have been found to express the phototransducing pigment melanopsin in the pineal gland" (clip and paste from wiki). I don't think it's too big a stretch to consider humans seeing with the pineal.

It is a fact that the world "suffers" from a general blindness of the third eye. Much of the world does not suffer even when they have so much less, like India for example. I think the main problem is that our dreams are on the back burner of life and the frame of dream reference is not made to be as important as the external interaction with the world by winch the ego identifies itself with un-lagging defense.

The fact is that this nexus is one full of spectral experiences had by those starting to integrate this understanding whereas the majority of these people may still not be having dreams that they remember every night. Until we figure out what works for us to establish equality between the inner and outer experience we cannot begin to see the essence of all of our spectral experiences to become a catalyst to proper change in the world.

Sure it's important to focus on the deaf and the blind, but lets not short side humanity by assuming that these people are in minority.

dtctbaj
#15 Posted : 3/19/2015 1:45:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever heard of or know (or experienced themselves) whether a blind person sees the other-side realms while experiencing DMT as someone with vision does? I've have often wondered this but I don't personally know any blind person - let alone someone who is blind that does DMT that I can ask. I'd would really like to know. Thanks in advance for any responses.

concombres
#16 Posted : 3/19/2015 1:59:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dtctbaj wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of or know (or experienced themselves) whether a blind person sees the other-side realms while experiencing DMT as someone with vision does? I've have often wondered this but I don't personally know any blind person - let alone someone who is blind that does DMT that I can ask. I'd would really like to know. Thanks in advance for any responses.

blind dmt thread

Googling dmt blind returned several results from the nexus. This has been discussed a few times before.
I believe i saw a thread like this recently that had someone mention smoking dmt with a blind friend (blind from birth) & he asked if this is what it was like to see.
This is just one account, but the possiblity of it being true is interesting.

SynKyd
#17 Posted : 3/19/2015 2:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is cool

shroomery link
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Methodology
#18 Posted : 3/20/2015 6:24:29 AM

For Science!!!

This is intriguing because I know someone who recently went blind and I have trying to convince her best friend to let her try LSD and such because I'm very interested in what kind of results it could bring, now dmt on the otherhand, especially someone who has never smoked it for that matter, could bring insanely wicked results, or just a mild body high. It's funny because she said when she goes to bed and dreams, she can see in her dreams, but when she wakes up, it's all black Sad