We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ooops I did it again! Options

aliendreamtime
#1 Posted : 1/24/2012 6:04:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone get regrets as soon as it starts to come on? Every single time I venture I get regrets ("Oh god, I did it again. WHY do I keep doing this to myself? remember never to do this again!) Of course, once I'm in it for an hour or two, the regrets go away and I see why I keep doing it. Anyone else get this?

It reminds of Dan (Milan?)'s The Sacred Path of the Peaceful warrior in which the protagonist shamanically climbs through the 7 or 5 chakras. Maybe this is my root chakra (sense of self?) being broken down. I've deffinately had multiple dismemberment experiences, all in the very beginning of the trip.

Anyways, it almost always sucks at the beginning, reaches a peak crappiness, and then gets better and better until I'm nearly down yet giggling uncontrollable and absolutely loving life.

I suppose it could be explained as the ego death process as well.

Anyones experience like this? Different? What are your patterns (no pun intented Laughing )

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tona
#2 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can totally relate to this. In fact that feeling became so strong for me (and it didnt go away during trip), that it put me away from psychedelics for some time. I hope I will come back though

۩
#3 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:12:33 PM

Nope.

I Love it.

When I smoke DMT I know exactly what I am getting myself into and I go in head first with confidence and no fear.

I can relate to what you are saying but you can consciously override these emotions if you try.

EmptyHand
#4 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:39:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

When I smoke DMT I know exactly what I am getting myself into and I go in head first with confidence and no fear.

I can relate to what you are saying but you can consciously override these emotions if you try.

This is very interesting but, House, I think you are assuming that your characteristics are transferable. Perhaps your abilities are just different. But perhaps you are correct and these skills are learnable. If so, I would encourage you to write more about your "techniques" and this would be of huge benefit to many (including me).

eH

universecannon
#5 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:51:20 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

one fun way to deal with it..think of smoking dmt as a technique for treating a neurological condition, i.e. the left brained ego, and realize that when this fear occurs its merely your monkey mind bugging out since it senses its somewhat illusory self is about to get healthily annihilated as it dissolves into the oceanic fabric of the real, cosmic you Cool

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

۩
#6 Posted : 2/13/2012 10:51:53 PM

Hi EmptyHand Smile

They are definitely learnable! I was not always this way. I can relate to everything this poster and many others are saying but-

There was always something in the back of my head whispering "This is what you have to do if you want to know."
And that little tidbit was always really important in the beginning. Even though I was afraid, I was far more curious than anything.

This is why I made the DMT diagram. Although if you think it would help, maybe I'll smoke some DMT and write a thread covering the details?

Global
#7 Posted : 2/14/2012 12:59:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Once I have at least one lungful of DMT secured in my lungs, any nervous or anxious reactions I may have been having go away. It's the point of no return. When a particularly powerful experience is in store for me, there sometimes is this alertness in the air - this sense of impending doom - where sometimes quite literally it's the case where the lamp has whispered to the cable box, "he's really fucked now." It's that sense in the air that a nuclear bomb just went off some short distance away. Now, the first time this happened to me, I was terrified. I usually shut my eyes for the bulk of the experience, but I was so scared, I had completely forgotten. Lesson of the story is that nothing bad happened. It seemed like something bad was gonna happen, but nothing did. So the next time that same feeling of impending doom permeated the air, knowing that it wasn't actually indicative of doom or something even to be concerned about, I decided to take another big hit. This lead to my first breakthrough. In fact now, whenever this does happen, I get rather excited because I know that I'm being given the opportunity to push my limits. The last two times it happened, I had blissful contacts with the godhead.

The point is that your body might be going through a fight or flight reaction or something perhaps even more deep and primal, but it almost always ends well (for me) because I offer no resistance of any kind. If it wants to shred me up, put some demons in my face, what have you, I just let it happen. DMT is gonna do its thing and I know that with patience there's light at the end of the tunnel (sometimes literally Laughing ). Especially if you can realize that resistance is futile, you can move past these reflexive negative emotions with even the slightest mental reassurance of your ego. Everyone wants to bash the ego, but this is one circumstance in hyperspace where it's on your side. This sort of conquering fear seems to be in line with mystical literature in terms of those who have seen God, had to first deal with something most dark or terrifying like Jesus meeting Satan in the desert before coming out spreading the word of God. The "God Helmet" works with this concept too. It uses magnets to overstimulate the left amygdala (the part of the brain that controls fear/anxiety reactions" which causes the left amygdala to dump its load on the right amygdala (the part of the brain responsible for bliss) which is where the transcendental experiences start coming into play. Those who have seen God using the helmet have reported that at first they had a swell of the greatest fear which was soon replaced by transcendental bliss and white light experiences. To think of it another way, a catapult with no tension remains at rest. You need to apply a certain amount of tension to the catapult in order to thrust the soul to the godhead, but you can consciously remind yourself that it's more of a chemical irrational reaction to fear than a more logical one, and patiently let the process run its course.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

joedirt
#8 Posted : 2/14/2012 11:24:52 PM

Not I

I don't really care for the fast rocket rides to hyperspace so much any more.

My preferred method is low dose pharma (100mg cappi, 30mgs spice) , then when that settles in I will take low dose changa bumps up to were ever I want to be.

It's honestly hard for me to even fathom how this could lead to a bad experience.

Peace.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

embracethevoid
#9 Posted : 2/19/2012 7:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's the body preparing for a massive journey more so than anything. Perhaps by releasing a shitload of stress hormones. Every oral journey (sounds so wrong! LOL) I have had follows a set pattern of intense nausea/discomfort followed by bliss. I put it down to the tannins in the stomach as I get the same effect from drinking the dregs of green tea, minus the consequent mindsplosion.

In fact I can pinpoint the exact moment the huasca hits the small intestine because when it's in the stomach, it feels uncomfortable. But when it reaches the intestine and starts getting absorbed, you can feel this intense inner heat/light in your gut and it directly correlates with the intensity of the experience. The gut is pretty damn efficient at absorbing spice - sometimes it comes on with the same intensity as if it were vaporised!

Visty
#10 Posted : 2/29/2012 12:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Nope.

I Love it.

Do you feel no...trepidation at all? Even after my first no-breakthrough DMT experience I could sense a something beyond the veil with absurd proportions. Maybe beginners' fear.

Purges
#11 Posted : 2/29/2012 1:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is why meditating and pre conditioning your mind before smoalking is so important IMO. I try to address and deal with any pre flight nerves / apprehensions beforehand, and maintain that state of mind for a good 10 mins or so before even considering lifting the pipe to my lips. If I can't achieve that state of mind, well the journey can wait. The times I have not done this have been the times I have had my arse handed to me, so it appears to me that this is an important aspect of these journeys - for me.

It is good training for other aspects of life as well, keeping it together in extremely dangerous / stressful situations is without a doubt an important, if not essential life skill.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Global
#12 Posted : 2/29/2012 3:45:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Visty wrote:
۩ wrote:
Nope.

I Love it.

Do you feel no...trepidation at all? Even after my first no-breakthrough DMT experience I could sense a something beyond the veil with absurd proportions. Maybe beginners' fear.

I actually maintain a similar approach. My body, mind and spirit take to DMT like a plant to the sunlight. It can get weird, wacky and crazy but I fully embrace the complete abandonment of control. I don't put up any resistance or restraint so that even the most intense and hostile experiences can just wash over me. I've had plenty of experiences where as I'm entering hyperspace it seems like there should be something to be afraid of, but I happen to know that (for myself at least) nothing that bad ever really happens to me and that even the most uncomfortable of scenarios can transform into bright realms of bliss if you just let the DMT run its course and do its thang. Therefore I discard all "warning signs" on my way in, and even if it looks like I'm in for a "rough ride", I have general confidence that the experience will transform into something special by the end if I'm just a little bit patient. This is not to say that I don't have pre-flight anxiety. That seems to be a natural biological reaction that I can't seem to circumvent, but it doesn't really bother me too much because as soon as I have the DMT in my lungs, I immediately calm down with the inherent realization that there's "no turning back now."
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Ice House
#13 Posted : 2/29/2012 4:10:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

aliendreamtime wrote:
Anyone get regrets as soon as it starts to come on?

No.

Never.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

3rdI
#14 Posted : 2/29/2012 4:32:34 PM

veni, vidi, spici

aliendreamtime wrote:
Anyone get regrets as soon as it starts to come on?

its when it starts to come on, when the air in the room becomes thick, that i usually have my anxiety taken away.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

SoulCrushingBass
#15 Posted : 3/1/2012 4:14:52 PM

Keeper of the spice

aliendreamtime wrote:
Anyone get regrets as soon as it starts to come on? Every single time I venture I get regrets ("Oh god, I did it again. WHY do I keep doing this to myself? remember never to do this again!) Of course, once I'm in it for an hour or two, the regrets go away and I see why I keep doing it. Anyone else get this?

It reminds of Dan (Milan?)'s The Sacred Path of the Peaceful warrior in which the protagonist shamanically climbs through the 7 or 5 chakras. Maybe this is my root chakra (sense of self?) being broken down. I've deffinately had multiple dismemberment experiences, all in the very beginning of the trip.

Anyways, it almost always sucks at the beginning, reaches a peak crappiness, and then gets better and better until I'm nearly down yet giggling uncontrollable and absolutely loving life.

I suppose it could be explained as the ego death process as well.

Anyones experience like this? Different? What are your patterns (no pun intented Laughing )

I do too to the "t".When I know I'm gonna take a full dose at once smoking my body shakes. Lately I've been starting with a test toke to feel the waters. That tells me if I'm ready. Small ones like that eliminate my nervous reactions because my subconscious knows I'm not going full blast somewhere I may not be ready for that day.
Well, y'know, it's like this experience that I had was like, y'know, erm, it was kind of the most profound experience I've had in me life, like

aliendreamtime
#16 Posted : 3/9/2012 3:09:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting stuff guys

I agree with the linear, left-side of the brain, or perhaps your ego, trying to maintain control. I always feel better afterwards. I cant remember any trips I've taken that have left me feeling worse than beforehand.

I like the idea of "testing the waters" so to speak

I've also found that running through the highlight reel just before, of my most blissful and fulfilling experiences, really helps me get my mind in tune and harmonizing with the realm from which those experiences originate.