We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
recently came across some dmt Options

giver of will
#1 Posted : 1/18/2012 10:48:08 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

One of my good friends through middle school and high school recently decided to extract some dmt after I had told him about my experience with it. The product came out white and smelling strongly of dmt, he told me he would give me some for free just cause I inspired him. He told me he gave me the rest of what he had and it looks like around a gram of it, but it has a really gooey texture to it. I asked him why it looked so gooey and he said if i start breaking it up it gets more crystally. I am just wondering if this gooey textured dmt is safe to smoke?
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 1/18/2012 10:51:29 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

In my experience, this gooey texture is because petrochemical solvent (like naphtha) is trapped within the crystal structure of the spice.

Redissolving the spice in IPA, acetone or ethanol will free the trapped solvents. After this you can evap and you will notice that the spice got crispy and a lot less smelling like naphtha.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

gory dkalz
#3 Posted : 1/18/2012 10:55:37 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

It's probably safe. Sounds like he just didn't do a clean up on it. You can easily clean it up yourself with some naphtha or heptane to be sure. That will likely make it more potent by weight also by getting rid of whatever non-DMT stuff is in there.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

giver of will
#4 Posted : 1/18/2012 11:04:16 PM

could anyone link me to or tell me how to redissolve the stuff in naphtha? i have never done any kind of extraction before and i really dont wanna screw up this dmt, my friend smoked it and had a few close breakthrough experiences so i know it works, i just dont wanna actually die from inhaling the chemicals that are trapped in it.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 1/18/2012 11:08:22 PM

"No, seriously"

No, don't clean in naphtha, that has no use since it is solvents like naphtha that are stuck within the crystal structure. Pleased

Use either IPA, acetone or ethenol. Just dissolve your spice in a small amount and let it evap again.

Tek:
1) Put spice in dish
2) Drop IPA, acetone or ethenol (alcohol) on it until all spice is dissolved
3) stir it a bit
4) Let it evap
5) done!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

giver of will
#6 Posted : 1/18/2012 11:11:45 PM

The Traveler wrote:
No, don't clean in naphtha, that has no use since it is solvents like naphtha that are stuck within the crystal structure. Pleased

Use either IPA, acetone or ethenol. Just dissolve your spice in a small amount and let it evap again.

Tek:
1) Put spice in dish
3) stir it a bit
4) Let it evap
5) done!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

any acetone or ethanol brand suggestions?

giver of will
#7 Posted : 1/18/2012 11:16:25 PM

also, any suggestions on where to let this evaporate? i live in an apartment with a back deck, but its very very cold outside at the moment. Where would be a good spot to air it out?

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/18/2012 11:16:33 PM

"No, seriously"

giver of will wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

Tek:
1) Put spice in dish
3) stir it a bit
4) Let it evap
5) done!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

any acetone or ethanol brand suggestions?

Use any brand that leaves no residue. You can test this by putting a bit of acetone or alcohol on a plate and evaporate it, if it leaves any residue then don't use it.

Furthermore it is best to use acetone or alcohol that has the least amount of water in it. So 99% acetone or 96% alcohol. Also don't use any denatured alcohol, you need alcohol that is usable for liquor.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

amvitamine
#9 Posted : 1/23/2012 9:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe the brown goop is dmt mixed with plant oils. It occurs when you heat the naphtha when extracting