We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
An easy way to remove toxins from a Yopo/Vilca extract!!! Options

Oncewas
#61 Posted : 12/10/2009 7:41:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron this makes me so happy!

I have been on a wild goosehunt for the proper proecedure for something like this and wam bam there it is Very happy.

Bufo is calling me. Once I find MEK.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#62 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:41:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Acetone and Naphtha work very well as a substitute for mek:heptane also.

A FASA precipitation is also effective for defatting these seeds also.

damiana
#63 Posted : 12/10/2009 3:19:53 PM

Cosmic Dragon

Soulfood, has SWIY found a ratio of acetone to naphtha that worked for SWIY? Also, are you saying that if one fasa's out they will be getting no fats from that? So they could skip defatting, do a fasa, then freebase, then purify with acetone:naphtha?

The only thing about defatting is that, 1 SWIM is low on money, and 2, he has nowhere to put the DCM afterwords that is a safe place for disposal.
PEACE

soulfood
#64 Posted : 12/10/2009 3:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never figured out the exact ratio because I burned the hell out of my stuff when toasting, but on a small run I got some pretty pure stuff somewhere between 1:7 and 2:7.

These FASA thing works really well and it works even better when the solutions dilute enough that it doesn't look dark red. It's probably not as efficent as DCM defatting but I've had gotten bone dry results from FASA + 1 toasting. It wasn't oily or waxy at all, but that's also partially thanks to good seeds.

damiana
#65 Posted : 12/10/2009 3:53:37 PM

Cosmic Dragon

Yeah, SWIM got nice light red crystals from FASA but when he freebased it, it turned back to a goo. That is so annoying, why is that?

Anyway, SWIM is gonna do a few things today and I'll post his reports later.
PEACE

soulfood
#66 Posted : 12/10/2009 3:56:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

damiana wrote:
Yeah, SWIM got nice light red crystals from FASA but when he freebased it, it turned back to a goo. That is so annoying, why is that?

Fumerates can be very misleading because they're a very stable salt. Like DMT N-oxide fumerate is a nice looking crystal, but freebase n-oxide is a gooey mess. Same for the toxins in yopo. I imagine pure bufotenine fumerate would make some pretty nice transparent crystals.

damiana
#67 Posted : 12/10/2009 7:52:26 PM

Cosmic Dragon

69ron, you say bufotenine is insoluble in naphtha. So SWIM did a 1:6 acetone to naphtha extraction and boiled the acetone off to get a milky naphtha liquid. Shouldn't the bufo crash out of the naphtha since you say it's insoluble in it? Should SWIM put the milky naphtha in his fridge or freezer to find out? Or should SWIM let it evap. overnight? SWIY got a milky heptane when he did this, did SWIM let that evap. or did he find that it would crash out? Or is bufo soluble in heptane? Thanks.
PEACE

jamie
#68 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:14:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hmm I need to get some acetone and attempt this..
In the meantime..will a naptha defat pull any extra oils/fats after the seeds are toasted?..i know it wont remove the toxins but I want to find a way to get a more solid yellow stuff from iso pulls to work with..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#69 Posted : 12/10/2009 9:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe you could shake the seeds in IPA before you base them. Though I'm not sure if bufotenine salts are insoluble in IPA or what.

jamie
#70 Posted : 12/10/2009 9:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im gunna play around a bit with my last few grams of seeds from maya, try to find some way to refine the iso tek and clean it up a bit more..I still have 114 grams of seeds from argentina I have yet to try...can't wait to compareVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#71 Posted : 12/10/2009 10:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

damiana wrote:
69ron, you say bufotenine is insoluble in naphtha. So SWIM did a 1:6 acetone to naphtha extraction and boiled the acetone off to get a milky naphtha liquid. Shouldn't the bufo crash out of the naphtha since you say it's insoluble in it? Should SWIM put the milky naphtha in his fridge or freezer to find out? Or should SWIM let it evap. overnight? SWIY got a milky heptane when he did this, did SWIM let that evap. or did he find that it would crash out? Or is bufo soluble in heptane? Thanks.

That looks good to me.

Bufotenine doesn’t crystallize very fast. It can take many hours to crystallize, even in the freezer. When you boil bufotenine in xylene it all dissolves. When it returns to room temperature, or even freezing temperatures, it just sort of stays as a milky white suspension for a while and then slowly crystallizes over several hours.

SWIM found freezing the xylene after boiling the bufotenine in it did not help speed up crystallization much at all. It’s likely to be the same with naphtha. You should let it sit for about 4 hours. Putting it in the freezer might help a little bit.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Xt
#72 Posted : 1/9/2010 9:58:53 PM

After reading through this thread im left feeling slightly overwhelmed.
I have access to naptha, MEK, DCM, d-limonene.
I also have about 20g of Yopo (not cebil seeds)

What is an ideal solvent mixture with the above solvents? How much in ml per mg of IPA extracted oil should a person use?
Id rather use limonene and naptha. DCM and MEK are avaiable online, although i want to avoid buying them there.

I was going to do the IPA extraction then wash with a mixture of the above solvents... decant of the liquid and evap out.

That right?
We really could do with a complete TEK for this.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ibeing897
#73 Posted : 1/17/2010 2:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM got some MEK, but has no heptane, is it true that naptha can be used in it's place? does anyone have a good idea of a test ratio??
all posts are fictional

soulfood
#74 Posted : 1/17/2010 2:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you'll have to use a little less naphtha than you would heptane.

Madcap
#75 Posted : 2/2/2010 4:50:41 PM

illudium Q-36

I gave this a go on some IPA extracted goop. I did not weigh the goop, but it was from 100 g of cebil. I stirred in 100 ml of mek:heptane mix, and now have a black liquid. I filtered it a couple times through a couple coffee filters but it is still just a black liquid.

My guesses are that I may have grossly under-guessed the amount of goop that I had and used far too little solvent mix.... or that I need to filter many many more times. Maybe both?

I held on to what was left in the filters in case I didn't use enough solvent mix to get all the goods from the goop.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

«PREV234