We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
An easy way to remove toxins from a Yopo/Vilca extract!!! Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 12/10/2008 10:45:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright!!!! SWIM finally found a simple way to remove the toxins from a Yopo/Vilca extract. It’s so easy I cannot believe it. Why didn’t someone try this before?

You take your gummy amber sticky extract (the kind that causes nausea and tension when you smoke it) of mixed freebase alkaloids (they must be freebase or this doesn't work) and you mix it in a solution of 40% MEK and 60% heptane (naphtha might also work, SWIM didn’t try that). Use maybe 10 ml for 100 mg of sticky extract. Mix it thoroughly. You will probably need to scrape at the extract to get most to dissolve. The toxins will NOT dissolve and may be wrapped around the good stuff, so mix it really good. The sticky toxic material will stay behind. Pour off the solvent mix and evaporate at room temperature.

The result is a dry crystalline mass (made of micro crystals) that is easily made into powder. It’s slightly waxy like DMT. The color is slightly yellowish. It contains mostly bufotenine and there’s also a tiny bit of DMT N-Oxide present.

The best thing about this procedure is that not only does it get rid of the toxins it also dries to a solid mass. No more sticky crap to deal with! YAY!!!!! Very happy

For this treatment, SWIM used the result of an A/B extract of Anadenanthera colubrina that used DCM as the solvent. It’s possible that this same treatment will work for other popular acetone based extraction techs but SWIM hasn't tested that yet.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lorax
#2 Posted : 12/11/2008 11:00:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woah dude! T.H.A.N.K.S.!! this is too good to be true! its so good.. i cannot find words for it! I love you man!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:07:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

That's wonderful news! My neighbor's pet walrus has some seeds that are quite potent, but always produce a sticky product. This is a great developement.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

YIPPY!! good work 69ron! SWIM knew buying that MEK was worth while!! once SWIM gets his new seeds(because the ones he has now suck) he will do all of this stuff...how exciting!!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM just had a thought...if this takes out the impurities..then couldnt you skip the FASA part? couldnt you just evap your acetone and then do this neat little trick and save a few steps?
it's a sound

69ron
#6 Posted : 12/11/2008 8:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You probably could skip the FASA part. SWIM hasn't tried it with anything other than an A/B extract though.

SWIM noticed that not all the bufotenine came out…so a little more can be extracted from the sticky alkaloid mix by doing this process again. SWIM is really happy with the results. He likes seeing the nearly pure bufotenine without all the trouble! It came out waxy, just like DMT, and slightly yellowish. It was so easy to scrape up. It was not sticky at all.

SWIM will be playing around with this a little more. He’s very excited. It’s much easier and more accessible to most people than column chromatography or sublimation.

He tested it by vaporizing 10 mg. It was excellent. No nausea at all, not even a little bit. No prickling sensations either. No tension. At first SWIM was wondering if it was even active. He felt nothing for a few minutes after smoking it, and then it started, and it was oh so nice! SWIM loves clean bufotenine. It’s like watching a light show. The visuals are intense. There’s a little something else present that feels like DMT N-Oxide.

I would like to know what the toxins are that are being removed. They are more water soluble than bufotenine. I’m wondering if it is SEROTONIN? These seeds do contain serotonin. Serotonin is more water soluble than bufotenine.

SWIM tried using 20% MEK in 80% heptane, but none of the bufotenine was extracted with that mix. Instead a tiny bit of a DMT N-Oxide like compound was extracted, but it was solid, not a goo, so I don’t think its actually DMT N-Oxide, maybe NMT?

The following compounds have been found in Anadenanthera (listed with their XLogP info):

XLogP Compound
?.?......2-methyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole
?.?......1,2-dimethyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole
1.0......Serotonin
1.3......Bufotenine N-oxide
1.4......N-methyl-serotonin
1.6......Bufotenine
1.7......DMT N-oxide
1.7......5-MeO-NMT
1.7......2-Methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline (2-methyltryptoline)
1.8......N-methyl-tryptamine (NMT)
1.9......5-MeO-DMT
2.0......DMT

It seems like the 40% MEK 60% heptane mix is excluding everything with an XLogP below 1.6, which means you’rg getting:

Bufotenine
DMT N-oxide
5-MeO-NMT
2-methyltryptoline
NMT
5-MeO-DMT
DMT.

The first two beta carbolines have an unknown XlogP, so I don’t know if these are getting extracted or staying behind. At any rate, bufotenine is by far the dominant alkaloid getting extracted.

For sure the nasty toxin being removed is one of these:

Serotonin
Bufotenine N-oxide
N-methyl-serotonin

Or possibly these beta carbolines with an unknown XLogP:

2-methyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole
1,2-dimethyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole

This new information will lead to a new extraction tech.

You could probably defat the crushed seeds by soaking them in MEK and discarding the MEK, and then freebase the seeds with water saturated sodium carbonate (or calcium hydroxide), then dry with anhydrous magnesium sulfate (or dry in an oven instead), and then extract with 40% MEK and 60% heptane. That way you get none of the toxins to begin with. SWIM will try that when he gets some more seeds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Psilo-somatic
#7 Posted : 12/11/2008 11:00:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ron you're the shit man! I'm glad SWIM waited a few days to do his bufo extract! now to get some MEK.

And wait, what you're doing is with the freebase right? It probably would not be possible with the salts would it... hrmm. time to go look for solubilities i suppose. . .

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 12/11/2008 11:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im guessing hexane could be substituted for heptane?
it's a sound

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/12/2008 2:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anybody?
it's a sound

SpasticSpaz
#10 Posted : 12/12/2008 4:20:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does the MEK need to be dried before use like acetone does?

69ron
#11 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilo-somatic wrote:
ron you're the shit man! I'm glad SWIM waited a few days to do his bufo extract! now to get some MEK.

And wait, what you're doing is with the freebase right? It probably would not be possible with the salts would it... hrmm. time to go look for solubilities i suppose. . .

Yes, it’s all freebase. I’ll edit that text above to make that clear to the reader.

Jorkest wrote:
im guessing hexane could be substituted for heptane?

Yes hexane or naphtha should work, but SWIM has not tried either one. You might have to adjust the MEK percentage a little if not using heptane.

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Does the MEK need to be dried before use like acetone does?

SWIM used plain MEK (it was distilled first, but it should work straight from the can if using hardware store MEK). It doesn’t need to be completely dry.

As soon as you add the heptane to the MEK, it can’t hold much water, so don’t worry about it. The water will settle to the bottom if there is any and get trapped by the toxins.

Garulfo
#12 Posted : 12/13/2008 11:51:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great ! That purifying tek seems exciting.
How did you get the 60/40 ratio ? Maybe this tek could be used (with a different ratio) to purify yellow spice in a very simple way ?

69ron
#13 Posted : 12/14/2008 12:28:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM came to the 40:60 ratio of MEK:heptane by trial and error. He tried 20:80, 40:60, 60:40, and 80:20 of MEK:heptane.

He had a sticky amber extract and attempted to extract from it in the following order.

1 - a 20:80 mix only extracted something similar to DMT N-Oxide. It was a very small amount of material. It dried to a waxy solid and had visual activity at 10 mg by vaporization.

2 - a 40:60 mix contained bufotenine almost exclusively. This dried to an offwhite, slightly yellow waxy material. It had bufotenine style visual affects at about 5 mg. This is nearly 95% pure bufotenine.

3 - a 60:40 mix contained lots of amber junk. Not pleasant material. Most of the toxins were in this. There was a little bufotenine in it, so SWIM applied another 40:60 extraction on it to get the remaining bufotenine out of it and discarded the rest.

4 - a 80:20 mix contained almost nothing.

It’s possible a 50:50 mix of MEK:heptane would be better than a 40:60 mix, but SWIM never tried that ratio. You don’t want the amber junk that comes out with a 60:40 mix, so if a 50:50 mix looks amber, it won’t be good. It should look light yellow only. The amber color of the 60:40 mix leads me to thinking the toxin is a beta-carboline of some kind that’s not a pleasant one.

SpasticSpaz
#14 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:20:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What were your yields with each?

Psilo-somatic
#15 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:30:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone else tried doing this with an acetone tek? Upon evaping the 40/60 MEK/heptane SWIM obtained an oily amber residue similar to what I began with, just a lighter color. Any idea whats going on here ron? i think it may be too dirty with other garbage. maybe one should do a FASA step prior to this step. (I was quite carful with the ratios of solvent.)
perhaps I should do a FASA step on what i've just obtained? Sad I want crystals

69ron
#16 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:33:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not 40/60 it's 40:60, that's 4 parts MEK and 6 parts heptane. 40/60 would be 66% MEK (6.6 parts MEK and 3.4 parts heptane). The ":" indicates ratio, the "/" indicates a fraction. I hope you didn’t make it 66% MEK because that wouldn’t work. SWIM tried this with a DCM based A/B and it works great. He never tried it with another tech, but I’m sure it can be tweaked to work with another tech. When SWIM has time he’ll look into modifications of this for another type of tech.

69ron
#17 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CrystalsSmile

SWIM found out how to get bufotenine crystals really easily!!!!

You take the 40:60 mix of MEK:heptane, and you boil off the MEK. Once the MEK is gone, you put it aside overnight and in the following morning you have a bunch of beautiful pure white bufotenine crystals and a few small bits of amber contamination at the bottom.

This is the first time SWIM saw such beautiful large bufotenine crystals.

SWIM has not tested these crystals yet so he’s not 100% sure they are bufotenine, but he can’t see what else they could possibly be. He’ll test them later today.

The amber contamination settles down to the bottom BEFORE the crystals form, so you should be able to pour off the milky heptane before the crystals form and get much cleaner results.

Psilo-somatic
#18 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:35:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sorry that was just sloppy typing. SWIM used 4ml MEK 6ml heptane. He's gonna try the FASA method, base it and try again.

69ron
#19 Posted : 12/15/2008 4:42:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just smoked 6 mg of the white crystals of PURE bufotenine (he left the tiny bits of amber stuff behind and only used the pure white crystals). WOW!!! It's sooo nice. No tension, no nausea, very nice. This is a low dose though, not enough for 3D visuals. Just enough for euphoria, a little auditory effects and some mild visuals.

When it vaporized it left absolutely so residue behind.

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 12/15/2008 5:11:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thats awesome! SWIM cant wait till he gets his new batch of seeds

so how do you know when the MEK is gone? im guessing to just happens

and another question..how much bufotenine can acetone hold?
it's a sound

123NEXT»