We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT-NEXUS WILL JOIN THE BLACKOUT ON JAN 18TH! Options

Cosmic Rift
#21 Posted : 1/18/2012 1:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
Google has officially announced it will edit it's frontpage in support of the Jan 18th. Blackout. They will not be taking the search engine offline fully but they are supposed to edit the front page. I have no idea what this editing will look like but considering Google gets tens of millions of viewers a day it will get the attention of the entire world. Even if the News giants refuse to cover this story the world will know.

http://www.reddit.com/r/...ogle_joins_the_blackout/

Very happy to hear this! Very happy

I'm glad that the Nexus opposes such non-sense. I support the Nexus in the blackout idea, great that we're doing something!
Anything said by this account, "Cosmic Rift", is complete and utter bullshit. In the event that it's not completely made up then it is a lie, exaggeration, or I am caught up in the act of role playing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vovin
#22 Posted : 1/18/2012 1:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

You can support us on reddit as well. Here's the link to the official announcement of reddit upvote it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/...15000_members_will_join/
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

endlessness
#23 Posted : 1/18/2012 1:44:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Small but important mispelling there.. it says philosophical and ethnogenic... you mean entheogenic.. right?

vovin
#24 Posted : 1/18/2012 1:47:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Bah I used the auto spelling tool and didnt notice it.

The Traveler
#25 Posted : 1/18/2012 10:47:01 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Welcome baque!

Today the 18th of January 2012, the DMT-Nexus went black to support the actions versus SOPA/PIPA. I saw quite some people with withdrawal symptoms in the chat. Pleased

I hope that more people in the world had this withdrawal with other sites like Wikipedia and I hope that a seed is planted within them to think about horrible bills like SOPA and PIPA. If you want to make an extra difference in this battle for freedom then please visit sites like Reddit and Wikipedia!

Thank you all for having the patience to have this strike with us.

Kind regards,

The Taveler

vovin
#26 Posted : 1/19/2012 12:45:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please forgive me while I brag about my state. http://www.rightface.us/...-for-sopa-and-protect-ip

Teh PawnaGe was Ultimate!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

joedirt
#27 Posted : 1/19/2012 1:15:53 AM

Not I

The Traveler wrote:
Welcome baque!

Today the 18th of January 2012, the DMT-Nexus went black to support the actions versus SOPA/PIPA. I saw quite some people with withdrawal symptoms in the chat. Pleased

I hope that more people in the world had this withdrawal with other sites like Wikipedia and I hope that a seed is planted within them to think about horrible bills like SOPA and PIPA. If you want to make an extra difference in this battle for freedom then please visit sites like Reddit and Wikipedia!

Thank you all for having the patience to have this strike with us.

Kind regards,

The Taveler

I ended up and wiki several times today...and of course it was blacked out. It was mildly irritating, but would be greatly irritating if it was permanent....

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

benzyme
#28 Posted : 1/19/2012 1:31:30 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

good stuff..
I'm glad people are sticking it to corporate influences. first the banks, and now RIAA/MPAA and congress. fight the power
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

The Traveler
#29 Posted : 1/19/2012 9:54:49 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Good news:

PIPA support collapses, with 13 new Senators opposed (UPDATE: already 18 now!)
ars technica wrote:
Members of the Senate are rushing for the exits in the wake of the Internet's unprecedented protest of the Protect IP Act (PIPA). At least 13 members of the upper chamber announced their opposition on Wednesday. In a particularly severe blow for Hollywood, at least five of the newly-opposed Senators were previously co-sponsors of the Protect IP Act. (Update: since we ran this story, the tally is up to 18 Senators, of which seven are former co-sponsors. See below.)

In Fight Over Piracy Bills, New Economy Rises Against Old
NY Times wrote:
WASHINGTON — When the powerful world of old media mobilized to win passage of an online antipiracy bill, it marshaled the reliable giants of K Street — the United States Chamber of Commerce, the Recording Industry Association of America and, of course, the motion picture lobby, with its new chairman, former Senator Christopher J. Dodd, the Connecticut Democrat and an insider’s insider.

Yet on Wednesday this formidable old guard was forced to make way for the new as Web powerhouses backed by Internet activists rallied opposition to the legislation through Internet blackouts and cascading criticism, sending an unmistakable message to lawmakers grappling with new media issues: Don’t mess with the Internet.

As a result, the legislative battle over two once-obscure bills to combat the piracy of American movies, music, books and writing on the World Wide Web may prove to be a turning point for the way business is done in Washington. It represented a moment when the new economy rose up against the old.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

joedirt
#30 Posted : 1/19/2012 11:13:03 AM

Not I

The Traveler wrote:
Good news:

PIPA support collapses, with 13 new Senators opposed (UPDATE: already 18 now!)
ars technica wrote:
Members of the Senate are rushing for the exits in the wake of the Internet's unprecedented protest of the Protect IP Act (PIPA). At least 13 members of the upper chamber announced their opposition on Wednesday. In a particularly severe blow for Hollywood, at least five of the newly-opposed Senators were previously co-sponsors of the Protect IP Act. (Update: since we ran this story, the tally is up to 18 Senators, of which seven are former co-sponsors. See below.)

In Fight Over Piracy Bills, New Economy Rises Against Old
NY Times wrote:
WASHINGTON — When the powerful world of old media mobilized to win passage of an online antipiracy bill, it marshaled the reliable giants of K Street — the United States Chamber of Commerce, the Recording Industry Association of America and, of course, the motion picture lobby, with its new chairman, former Senator Christopher J. Dodd, the Connecticut Democrat and an insider’s insider.

Yet on Wednesday this formidable old guard was forced to make way for the new as Web powerhouses backed by Internet activists rallied opposition to the legislation through Internet blackouts and cascading criticism, sending an unmistakable message to lawmakers grappling with new media issues: Don’t mess with the Internet.

As a result, the legislative battle over two once-obscure bills to combat the piracy of American movies, music, books and writing on the World Wide Web may prove to be a turning point for the way business is done in Washington. It represented a moment when the new economy rose up against the old.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Hell Yeah. It's good to have your voice heard.

You made the right decision Trav.

Peace.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

tryptographer
#31 Posted : 1/19/2012 7:01:55 PM

tryptamine photographer

Great initiative, these blackouts! And nice to see they have some effect.

A year ago I met an American guy... he told me he was trying to help his girlfriend's grandfather who was s(cr)ewed because of some little music download which he didn't even remember, for something like $30000 if I remember correctly.

PREV12