We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT-NEXUS WILL JOIN THE BLACKOUT ON JAN 18TH! Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 1/17/2012 8:11:11 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Martin Niemöller wrote:
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The DMT-Nexus is a community based on the free sharing of information about entheogens. It has grown over the years because we can freely exchange our information, knowledge and extraction teks. The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House and Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate gives copyright holders the ability to shut down sites that might be in violation of copyright laws and all with mere accusations and without due process. With these proposed laws any copyright owner can blackout this website when a member merely posts a copyrighted image or even a homemade video with only some copyrighted music in the background. When blacked out you can't find the DMT-Nexus online in the USA anymore and it will no longer show up in search engines like Google or Bing!

You can read more about these bills on Wikipedia.

On Januari the 18th, many sites (most notibly Reddit and Wikipedia) will 'blackout' as a protest to show the world what can happen if laws like this will pass. We had a debate among the senior members if we should support this action and join this blackout. In the end the decision was made that we should join this blackout since doing nothing is the worst that we can do, we have to speak out!

What will happen on Januari the 18th?

On that day, the whole DMT-Nexus site including the forum and the wiki will go offline and only show a protest page with links to more information about these dangerous bills and ways on how you can help to combat them.

The blackout will start at 8am EST and will end at 8pm EST.

The only thing that will remain operational is the login page and the chat. This was chosen to be able to help people with an emergency and to discuss the proposed SOPA and PIPA.

How can you help?

If you want to help out and get involved, Reddit has provided a great list of ways of how you can make an impact.

Lets hope that this worldwide protest will kick these absurd laws off the minds of the politicians!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ntwhtyouknw
#2 Posted : 1/17/2012 8:44:18 AM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

I'm all for it, I mean I'd hate to lose the nexus even for a day, but imagining it gone for good? I'm new here and I honestly appreciate what you in creating this place and to everyone who contributes does to making such a vast amount of knowledge easily obtainable. Not to mention it let's people know there are plenty of other people who share these interest everywhere. It's just so insane to me how much more the government becomes the decider of what we can say and do all the time, more and more we lose our freedoms little by little. The internet being seemingly the only source of dependable information we have, could so easily become not much better of a source for info than the national news.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

vovin
#3 Posted : 1/17/2012 8:58:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Take the day off of the Nexus to inform friends and family of the current situation. For people across the world the internet is one of the last places for free speech and uncensored news. If it is lost in truth can you ever trust any news or anything you find elsewhere. When free speech dies freedom dies soon after.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

bindu
#4 Posted : 1/17/2012 9:18:34 AM

good idea, but i have to copypaste all the wiki now.

Reddit?
blessed be all forms of intelligence

a1pha
#5 Posted : 1/17/2012 9:21:12 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

tony
#6 Posted : 1/17/2012 10:58:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is potentially a very effective protest. High profile sites like wikipedia drawing attention to this in such a direct way will make so many more people aware of the reality of whats going on, since it seems the majority of people dont even know anything about these proposals and what they entail. This isnt just a battle for media industries to inflate their already vast wealth and power, it is a battle for the rich and powerful, corporate and government (almost no distinction between these two, especially in america) to take control of the last free channel of information available to people and turn it into another propaganda machine like the TV. Unfortunately I think they will eventually succeed to a large degree unless something is done to sever the link between corporate power and public policy.
-ะฏ ฮž โˆš ฮฉ L U T โ†‘ Ø N-

Purges
#7 Posted : 1/17/2012 1:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*LIKE* I am in full support of this too. Good stuff.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 1/17/2012 4:41:48 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

bindu wrote:
good idea, but i have to copypaste all the wiki now.

Reddit?

Laughing

I posted a compiled pdf of the wiki on the shroomery back when we were DDoS'd...

http://www.shroomery.org...Number/14390794#14390794

I think you need to be a member to download it...but we'll only be gone for a day so unless someone has a real compelling demand for it, I don't have the time/energy to go digging for the original to upload here. Hope that helps anyone interested or going through withdrawal Pleased
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

EuphoricHavoc
#9 Posted : 1/17/2012 5:08:22 PM

Monster Entity Mom

Thank you Traveler. I wish more sites would do this.

I feel close to the "regular people" than Nexus mostly because Im new here. But also because I don't have a higher education. I also don't have alot of free time in my life. So like most people I know I turn on the TV or radio or computer each morning for some news.

I first heard about this stuff from my Mom. My mother! Since when is Mom informing me of important news? My mother has been crazy about this for a long time now. Very slowly, I'm starting to understand why.

They are not telling us about this in regular news. It's not getting much coverage that I see. But these potential consequences from the vague wording in this bill are terrifying.

Thank you. Your quote makes a good point-it doesn't pay to stay quiet. Our media are very quiet on this. I'm glad others are not.

Sky Motion
#10 Posted : 1/17/2012 5:42:06 PM

<3

complete support from me.

glad trav and senior members decided for this.

vovin
#11 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

For those of you who need a basic guide to SOPA/PIPA reddit has put out a great explanation that put it in simple terms a regular Joe can understand:
http://blog.reddit.com/2...ination-of-sopa-and.html

Doodazzle
#12 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Contact google and facebook. Their wieght would be helpful right now.

http://support.google.com/conta...act_type=bizdev&rd=1

http://www.facebook.com/login.php
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

a1pha
#13 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:54:19 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Bedazzle wrote:
Contact google and facebook. Their wieght would be helpful right now.

http://support.google.com/conta...act_type=bizdev&rd=1

http://www.facebook.com/login.php

Google and Facebook have been opposing SOPA and PIPA for months now since both could be badly damaged as a result.

Google plans to use home page to protest SOPA

SOPA Lives On Despite Facebook Opposition
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Doodazzle
#14 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:58:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. I just read this website http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/u...es-what-you-can-do/66875

They are suggesting we contact google and facebook and urge them to participate in the blackout. AKAIK neither has yet commited to be a part of the blackout.

Quote:
As a user of your service, I thank you for your continued opposition of H.R. 3261, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), and S. 968, the Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (PROTECT-IP). I implore you to consider one-half or full-day of restricted site access to your global services in protest of the aforementioned bills in the way that news-sharing site Reddit plans for January 18th between 8amโ€“8pm U.S. Eastern Time.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

Skeemer
#15 Posted : 1/17/2012 7:26:53 PM

remeeks

really? This is what is important in washington?

Stupid and a waste of time by our politicians!

They should focus on fixing the economy, create jobs, feed the hungry, helping our vets...unbelievable

mad_banshee
#16 Posted : 1/17/2012 7:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
*LIKE* I am in full support of this too. Good stuff.

Ditto.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Doodazzle
#17 Posted : 1/17/2012 7:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skeemer wrote:

They should focus on fixing the economy, create jobs, feed the hungry, helping our vets...unbelievable

Personally I'd never ask any governing body to fix problems such as these for me.

vovin
#18 Posted : 1/17/2012 8:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Google has officially announced it will edit it's frontpage in support of the Jan 18th. Blackout. They will not be taking the search engine offline fully but they are supposed to edit the front page. I have no idea what this editing will look like but considering Google gets tens of millions of viewers a day it will get the attention of the entire world. Even if the News giants refuse to cover this story the world will know.

http://www.reddit.com/r/...ogle_joins_the_blackout/

tigerstrike92
#19 Posted : 1/17/2012 9:13:58 PM

Homo-divinorum

This is awesome. I am extremely happy to hear that the nexus is participating in this blackout. The internet is the final frontier for free speech and information.

Lets do as much as we can to stop these "firefighters"!!!
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

imPsimon
#20 Posted : 1/17/2012 10:05:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very good initiative!
Me likesVery happy

12NEXT