We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
help with ID, acacia maidenii? Options

mardybum
#1 Posted : 3/11/2007 10:57:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm new to identifying trees and need to identify the acacia maidenii so any helpful hints are appreciated. Anyway, these leaves seem to fit all the descriptions i have read, and I compared them to some photo's, they all seemed to match, especially these ones: http://shaman-australis....l/Acaciamaidenii2Thu.jpg http://users.lycaeum.org/~mulga/images/maid.jpg Here are my photo's of a small section of leaves i clipped today: [img:e62a03c798]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7278/maideniilx5.th.jpg[/img:e62a03c798] [img:e62a03c798]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6029/maidenii2ml7.th.jpg[/img:e62a03c798] [img:e62a03c798]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1543/maidenii3hx8.th.jpg[/img:e62a03c798] [img:e62a03c798]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5475/maidenii4cs7.th.jpg[/img:e62a03c798] [img:e62a03c798]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9881/maidenii5qn4.th.jpg[/img:e62a03c798] So what do you guys think? If these photo's look promising, i'll be sure to get some of the actual tree tommorrow. They are not in flower at this time of year, at least I don't beleive so, so the easily idetifiable yellow flowerings aren't there Sad

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rightangle
#2 Posted : 3/11/2007 12:28:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm certainly no expert on id'ing them, but I would say that there is a good chance that it could be. Have you checked out, http://mulga.yage.net/acacia/maideni.html http://mulga.yage.net/acacia/photo.html#maideni http://www.worldwidewatt...ciesgallery/maidenii.php

mardybum
#3 Posted : 3/12/2007 5:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rightangle
#4 Posted : 3/13/2007 7:24:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Looks good to me man, I mean I wish I had found them Smile Maybe someone else here can give another opinion .. otherwise only one way to find out ...... Let us know how it goes.

mardybum
#5 Posted : 3/13/2007 8:37:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, its a maidenii for sure. i asked a few others, all said its defo a maidenii. the more i become familiar with this tree the more i find. theres at least 20+ large ones in my street. can i ask how much bark i can take from each tree? i dont want to harm it and definately dont want to kill it.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 3/13/2007 9:32:04 AM

John Murdoch IV

[quote:29360bc3af="mardybum"]There's at least 20+ large ones in my street.[/quote:29360bc3af] Can I ask you where in the world you're living Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

rightangle
#7 Posted : 3/13/2007 3:05:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I havn't ever taken bark from one of those or even seen one so not sure how easy the bark comes off. The best bet would be to try and limit the amount you take to 1 peice per tree and take it from a branch not the trunk. If you can try to find them in the wild.

mardybum
#8 Posted : 3/13/2007 6:51:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i live in australia obviously. nsw, slightly north of sydney. thanks i will try to take as little as i can. if i can find fallen branches ill use them instead. i wont need much as my first extraction isnt going to be that big. if i cant get any spice from say around 300g i spose its not rly worth it.

zero
#9 Posted : 4/12/2007 5:41:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To bring this back up... I wouldnt say its not worth it at all if you cant get spice from 300g. It would be worth it to extract from about a kilo and see what you can come up with. There very well may be a day that MHRB is not so readily available to us and I know, for one, SWIM is perfecting teks from other plants for when/if that day comes. If there is an abundant population of Acacia's in your area just be thoughtful and take bark from a number of trees so as to be less invasive. I would be very curious to know what happens. I'm sure you know that Maidenii needs significant defatting. It's not an easy extraction.

sillysyban
#10 Posted : 4/12/2007 8:12:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey zero, nice to meet you. A lot of people say that we are lucky in Aus because there are acacias to extract from but we cant get MHRB through customs so you guys are the lucky ones. Definately be thankful that you can. For me to get raw material it is a four hour drive and a lot of fucking around. It would definately be nice to have MHRB delivered to the front door. Very happy Take care.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

mardybum
#11 Posted : 4/30/2007 1:32:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well heres something interesting. SWIM just got some spice from AFOAF and the smell is exactly the same as the shellite when he evapped it after his maidenii extraction. obviously there IS dmt in maidenii and my extraction just needs some work.

GOD
#12 Posted : 5/27/2007 3:23:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello , I have an Acacia maidenii growing in front of me . The pictures all look right exept the picture of the stem (9) . Wich looks more like Acacia phlebophylla to me , allthough the leaves dont . The flowers dont look like the picture that i have found in "The encyclopedia of psychoactive plants" of Acacia maidenii flowers . It does look like an acacia . Ask someone , i usualy find myself an old person sitting in a park or on a bench somewhere . They usualy have more knowledge of such things than younger people and are usualy happy that someone asks them something . The local library is also a good source of information about local flora . If it is any kind of wattle it is probably good for extraction . Australia is the place where acacias come from . They contain more DMT than most other sorces . Forget the preocupation with Mimosa hostilis root bark . The leaves of Acacia maidenii contain lots of DMT 25 - 30 grams of dried leaves is one dose . Takeing the bark or root bark of living trees KILLS them . Acacia , and i think mimosa , have enough dead wood on them to satisfy anyone but a greedy comercial producer , all you have to do is look around underneath them and/or shake them a bit and enough dead wood and/or leaves fall off . Acacia maidenii grows like a rocket as long as the temperature does not fall below 10c and can allso be grown indoors in a big pot everywhere . Psychotria viridis is allso very easy to grow as long as the temperature does not fall under about 5c , indoors and out doors if it doesnt get direct sun and the air is a bit wet . The contents of used coffee filters does it good as it likes a slightly acid substrat . The seeds of all 3 are available by post and nobody will have any idea what they realy are or what they contain . I have had them for the last 8 years and no one has noticed , not even the forces of evil when they came to visit . The mimosas are not so easy to grow as they are VERY sensative . Acacia seeds are hard to sprout , they like it HOT . After 8 years when the temperature gets over 30c i still get seeds sprouting . Gardening books say they need to be put in HOT water and /or have their sides cut open with a sharp knife to sprout . In my experience the best thing to do with them is ingest them and then shit around the garden . In nature that is how they get spread around...this is one of the big secrets in nature , most of it has been/must go through some animals guts first to be fertile.....this is how fly agaric spores find each other and get spread around in the desolation of the tundra/taiga . I see little sense in seperate recipies for all the different DMT sources . The extractions are all the same , the only diference is in how the DMT is packed . If its hard or otherwise dificult to powder it is easy to soak it in acidic water for a day and then freeze it for a day and then thaw it for a day repeatedly and/or puting it in a preasure cooker untill it is soft enough to be put into a blender . I am interested if any australian can send me acacia seeds ??? PLEASE dont steal bark or root bark from anything . There is absolutly no need . You are in paradise , the best place to find and extract DMT in the world . There are more diferent sorces and more of those sources in australia than in the rest of the world put together . And no one could tell from the effects wich plant a DMT extract came from . AND IT IS FREE FOR AUSTRALIANS . LOVE GOD I tried to copy some pictures from my hard disk but it does not tell you how anywhere here that i can find , and understand .If someone can please explain to me exactly how to do it i would apreciate it . Or is it only posible to copy pictures from the internet ?
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

mardybum
#13 Posted : 5/27/2007 2:06:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:2d333d5e86="GOD"]The leaves of Acacia maidenii contain lots of DMT 25 - 30 grams of dried leaves is one dose .[/quote:2d333d5e86] :S where did you pull that from? SWIM did an extraction on 300g of maidenni phyllodes and 200g of longifolia and didn't even get 50mg. [quote:2d333d5e86]I see little sense in seperate recipies for all the different DMT sources . The extractions are all the same , the only diference is in how the DMT is packed . If its hard or otherwise dificult to powder it is easy to soak it in acidic water for a day and then freeze it for a day and then thaw it for a day repeatedly and/or puting it in a preasure cooker untill it is soft enough to be put into a blender .[/quote:2d333d5e86] well the older teks just keep getting updated. some teks may suit other species more so than others. e.g. a defat is not needed in MHRB but preffered in acacia. [quote:2d333d5e86="GOD"]I am interested if any australian can send me acacia seeds ???[/quote:2d333d5e86] try this site, i gto some a. obtus and p. viridis seeds from it. www.shaman-australis.com [quote:2d333d5e86="GOD"]PLEASE dont steal bark or root bark from anything . There is absolutly no need . You are in paradise , the best place to find and extract DMT in the world . There are more diferent sorces and more of those sources in australia than in the rest of the world put together . And no one could tell from the effects wich plant a DMT extract came from . AND IT IS FREE FOR AUSTRALIANS . [/quote:2d333d5e86] SWIM got all his bark from a. maidenii from a fallen branch. dont worry he understands that killing a tree is unessecary and selfish and is not an act he wishes to indulge in.

GOD
#14 Posted : 5/27/2007 5:12:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello mardybum , I have an Acacia maidenii growing in my living room for the last 7 - 8 years . It drops enough leaves to make an ayahuasca analog 6 or 7 times a year. I use 25 - 30 grams . ( This is not going to blow your brains out but it is "nice" ). The information that you can use the leaves comes from "The encyclopedea of psychoaktive plants" by C.Rätsch page 30 and "Pharmacothean" by J.Ott on page 246 , i cant remember where i got the weights from . They name Acacia Campylacantha / Polycantha / Confusa / Maidenii / Phlebophylla / Complanata / Nilotica / Simplisifolia and Tortilis as being usefull sources of DMT . But say that Australia has lots of acacias that contain DMT acording to "celler shamen" = people like us . I understand what you mean about the older teks and the diferent fat amounts in diferent sources , but i still think that this could all be catered for in one set of instructions . De fatting is de fatting however mutch fat is in the mixture and you have to de fat till its gone . Wether you have to de fat or how mutch is relatively irelevant , its just a step you do or dont do after looking to see if / how mutch fat is there . Thanks for the web adress for the seeds , i had a look and it looks very interesting . I can get seeds here , but i would like some fresh ones and some that are authentic and gathered by a loving person. I wanted to do some sort of deal with a nice Australian "freak" and not with $chekel$ . I have P.Viridis plants and use the leaves in 25 gram doses . I have noticed that the P.Viridis makes an ayahuasca brew that seems to be more faty than a brew made with A.Maidenii leaves , but when you extract both it seems to be the other way round = i think its easyer to make ayahuasca from A.Maidenii and easyer to extract DMT from the P.Viridis leaves . I want the seeds because i dont want my plant to be alone , i want him to have tree sex and make babys . I love my friend and i realise what i owe him . My ambition is to get him into a winter garden so he can see the sun and feel the wind . ( strangely enough he likes it better in the living room than on the balkony ??? ) Thank you for the last sentance . I`m realy glad that you understand . I didnt want to critisise anyone about taking bark from trees . I`ve got so far that i see them / feel them as my body . I used go to the nearest park with my neighbours dog and sit under a lovely ahorn tree in the shade and smoke a pur pipe and watch the world go by . I`d always believed that smoking grass is a religeous experience , that it opens peoples eyes and makes them into loving , careing people . Some middle class kids sat there one day smoking grass.... and started to peel the bark of the tree . No mater what anyone did it died . My friend was murdered by , inocent ,kids , obviously kids with no education , no upbringing by there parents , no peers to set them a good example . No one cares about them enough to teach them what is right and wrong . I`m crying my eyes out writting this . I live in a world full of confused people who are raping the planet through a sort of fast food ignorance . This is what i have against "quick" extraction teks , they have no soul , its greed . There is a very good reason why we have to earn things , if we dont we dont respect them . I can come in 30 seconds but i`d rather make it last , you get more out of it . Less is more = less greed = more understanding , more pleasure . With the same moral one could kill onself quickly now or enjoy life to the end . The way and the goal are a part of each other , you cant have the one without the other . Sorry for the sermon again , its not directed at you , i just wanted to use our comunication to get my message across to everyone else who is reading this thread . LOVE GOD
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

mardybum
#15 Posted : 5/29/2007 10:56:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:3d522bb458]Hello mardybum , I have an Acacia maidenii growing in my living room for the last 7 - 8 years . It drops enough leaves to make an ayahuasca analog 6 or 7 times a year. I use 25 - 30 grams . ( This is not going to blow your brains out but it is "nice" ). The information that you can use the leaves comes from "The encyclopedea of psychoaktive plants" by C.Rätsch page 30 and "Pharmacothean" by J.Ott on page 246 , i cant remember where i got the weights from . They name Acacia Campylacantha / Polycantha / Confusa / Maidenii / Phlebophylla / Complanata / Nilotica / Simplisifolia and Tortilis as being usefull sources of DMT . But say that Australia has lots of acacias that contain DMT acording to "celler shamen" = people like us .[/quote:3d522bb458] Strange. Everyone I have talked to, including SWIM gets nothing from A. Maidenii. [quote:3d522bb458]Thanks for the web adress for the seeds , i had a look and it looks very interesting . I can get seeds here , but i would like some fresh ones and some that are authentic and gathered by a loving person. I wanted to do some sort of deal with a nice Australian "freak" and not with $chekel$ . I have P.Viridis plants and use the leaves in 25 gram doses . I have noticed that the P.Viridis makes an ayahuasca brew that seems to be more faty than a brew made with A.Maidenii leaves , but when you extract both it seems to be the other way round = i think its easyer to make ayahuasca from A.Maidenii and easyer to extract DMT from the P.Viridis leaves . I want the seeds because i dont want my plant to be alone , i want him to have tree sex and make babys . I love my friend and i realise what i owe him . My ambition is to get him into a winter garden so he can see the sun and feel the wind . ( strangely enough he likes it better in the living room than on the balkony ??? )[/quote:3d522bb458] I can vouch for that website. I ordered some seeds of there a while back, all are doing great. reading this thread . LOVE GOD[/quote]