We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
making a very crude mescaline extract? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 12/9/2008 12:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heres the deal:

a friend has aquired very low potency trichocereus peruvianus. it produces a light awakeness at 50g dried material. its only the outer skin. my guess would be that one would have to eat almost my whole 400g to get the effects one wants. so my question would be if there is a way of just making a very crude extract. it may still be 30g of crap one will need to eat in the end. but at least it will not be 400g of crap.

does anybody have an idea how to go about this? is there a way of preparing some kind of drink from this? how do i brew it?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Darkbb
#2 Posted : 12/9/2008 12:39:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

if your looking to extract the mescaline chemical there are some very good teks on mycotopia

lorax
#3 Posted : 12/9/2008 1:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nope.. i don't really wanna extract with this poorly active cactus. it would be a waste of time. i am looking for a way to "compress" it into a brew or something that can be taken in in one or two gulps. it doesnt matter if its really dirty.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 12/9/2008 1:19:13 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Ethanol or methanol extractions reportedly work great if one wants to concentrate the 400g in a tablespoon or so. Just keep washing with the alcohol till the cactus powder starts turning whiteysh/yellowish. Evap to get sticky goo.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Cheeto
#5 Posted : 12/9/2008 1:23:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Ethanol or methanol extractions reportedly work great if one wants to concentrate the 400g in a tablespoon or so. Just keep washing with the alcohol till the cactus powder starts turning whiteysh/yellowish. Evap to get sticky goo.

ha thanx, that answers my question also.
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

lorax
#6 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks! you're tha man!

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 12/10/2008 7:50:31 PM

The Great Namah

Yup, simple alcohol extraction works great. There will be some stomach discomfort at one end or the other, but it is well worth it.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Cheeto
#8 Posted : 12/11/2008 3:40:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Yup, simple alcohol extraction works great. There will be some stomach discomfort at one end or the other, but it is well worth it.

I may have a little more trouble getting the two above. Will 90%-92% isopropyl work?
then a bake in the oven on 200 to remove the water left behind?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 12/11/2008 4:34:25 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

It may work, possibly give it a try with a small quantity (5-10g of cactus). There are 2 concerns here:

1) the tendency of the cactus to turn into a slimy goo when mixed in water. Cactus tissue after all is pretty good at absorbing water, right? But the goo is a pain in the ass to work with, it won't filter. Alcohols will not turn the powder into goo, they will keep it in a nice easy-to-work powdery form

Now, there is the chance that the small percentage of water in the isopropyl will fuck things up. so, just give it a try with a small amount.

2) isopropyl alcohol may not be as good dissolving the mescaline salts. Methanol and ethanol certainly work, since they are slightly more water soluble than, say "naphtha" soluble (i.e. if methanol and ethanol molecules were given the choice, where do you like to live, in the water or in the naphtha they would vote; ~60 would say we like water, 40% we love naphtha). So they can dissolve the water-loving salts.

Isopropyl alcohol molecules would vote for naphtha over water. That means they may not be as good for dissolving the mescaline salts.

BUT, if the isopropyl has some water, like in your scenario, there will be no such problem. As long as cactus does not turn into a goo.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Cheeto
#10 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:20:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanx again, i will try a little first when i have my cactus.

Cheeto
#11 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:34:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

2) isopropyl alcohol may not be as good dissolving the mescaline salts. Methanol and ethanol certainly work, since they are slightly more water soluble than, say "naphtha" soluble (i.e. if methanol and ethanol molecules were given the choice, where do you like to live, in the water or in the naphtha they would vote; ~60 would say we like water, 40% we love naphtha). So they can dissolve the water-loving salts

Could i do a good naptha wash and get it down to just salts and a little plant material?
evape to a powder or goo?

Spacehippie
#12 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why don't you try this method swim found over at mycotopia.Swim has never tried it but if he had some cactus this is the method for a crude extract he would try.

Irishlions Cactus Tea Method
Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Cheeto
#13 Posted : 12/11/2008 6:02:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spacehippie wrote:
Why don't you try this method swim found over at mycotopia.Swim has never tried it but if he had some cactus this is the method for a crude extract he would try.

Irishlions Cactus Tea Method

thanx for the info. I want to get it in gel tabs to avoid taste. I was hoping that mesc was not soluble in naptha so i could get it down to a small amount. But i'm not sure if it will work so great, if its not able to grab lots of oils and fats without a hundred washes.

lorax
#14 Posted : 12/13/2008 2:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have just chopped down some of my own pachanoi clones which have been growing for over 10 years. i grew em like this: watered over the summer, dry over the winter. the babies i have just cut off(all in one i have cut 25cm) have been dry for a whole year now. receiving no water at all. i cut off the tops to propagate new ones. i am now drying the chips in the oven at 50C.. i wanna try eating the chips as they are to check out the disgusting taste Pleased

i put a fresh very green piece from under the waxy skin on my tongue to check the flavor. VERY BITTER! and the piece was REALLY small! i hope this will be good!

i'll report back!