We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Juicing Raw Cannabis Options

Hyperspace Fool
#1 Posted : 1/11/2012 2:44:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those of you who don't know, just as with other leafy green veggies... raw cannabis can be juiced. Only, it seems that the health benefits of raw cannabis juice might exceed those of other amazing greens by a large margin.

I gave up smoking weed & hash years ago after decades of constant use, so I am not overly interested in consuming psychoactive cannabis products, but fear not... cannabis juice is not psychoactive. In the raw juice THC & CBD exist in their acid forms THCa and CBDa which are not only not mind altering, but actually extremely antioxidant.

Instead of sitting here and explaining the wonders of cannabis juicing, I will direct you to watch this short YouTube video:
and then we can get a discussion going about this.

I must report, though, that a number of copies of this video and a couple others like this one:

have been taken down all at once just this very morning. I don't want to suggest that this information is being supressed, but this event did spark me to want to make sure this information is shared. Thus, in case these links go down as well, I have uploaded the first video here as well.

Information like this needs to be shared if only so that critical thinkers like yourselves can analyse the relevant data and see if it floats.

Be well my friends,
HF

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

applebaum
#2 Posted : 1/11/2012 3:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any idea if the hemp that grows everywhere would have similar benefits? I would expect not much THC/THCa, but what about CBD? Hemp grows everywhere here as a weed and it'd be nice if there was some real use for it.

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 1/11/2012 4:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

applebaum wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if the hemp that grows everywhere would have similar benefits? I would expect not much THC/THCa, but what about CBD? Hemp grows everywhere here as a weed and it'd be nice if there was some real use for it.
I'm sure it is juiceable, and has all the normal green vegetable juice benfits. CBD, CBN and any of 400+ other cannabinoids are likely to be present as well.

And, then there are the seeds. Cold pressed hempseed oil is a superfood in its own right with all the amino acids needed for the human body in the correct ratios. A veritable cornucopia of health, this plant.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

SpartanII
#4 Posted : 1/11/2012 4:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice find HF!Cool

I gotta get me a juicer.

I wonder if consuming it raw would cause a positive for THC on a drug test?

Hyperspace Fool
#5 Posted : 1/11/2012 5:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Nice find HF!Cool

I gotta get me a juicer.

Was just discussing this with an Olympic swimmer friend of mine...

Anyone who might know about this PLEASE chime in.

All I could tell my bro was that even if non-psychoactive, it is likely that the metabolites in his urine would get him flagged... as far as my limited knowledge of this goes.

jamie
#6 Posted : 1/11/2012 6:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

another plant that is a close relative to cannabis that you can juice and eat for the amazing health effects is wild stinging nettles. Yes stinging nettles. You can even eat them raw becasue the sting is neutralized very fast in the mouth by saliva..or you can dry the nettles which will also neutralize them. Even the sting of the nettle is actaully good for you and is made up in large part of seratonin and acetylcholine that it's needles injects into you.
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#7 Posted : 1/11/2012 6:12:00 PM

Any legal medical cannabis growers out there can take the excess fan leaves taken off during super-cropping and juice them. I've even just blended them into smoothies without filtration, too. Absolutely delicious!
They will be less psychoactive the earlier on in the plants life you take them from.
Harvest-time fan leaves / trim / buds juiced will def. test + for THC for some time afterwards depending on intake and metabolism. Not sure about the younger samples [vegetative plants and 1-3 weeks into a flowering season] but I would assume this would also create similar metabolites in the body. Nowhere near the concentrations of terpenoids [nor a similar profile] found @ harvest time.
Nettles are good and all, but taste nowhere near as good as cannabis. ;]

aliendreamtime
#8 Posted : 1/12/2012 1:30:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
Nice find HF!Cool

I gotta get me a juicer.

Was just discussing this with an Olympic swimmer friend of mine...

Anyone who might know about this PLEASE chime in.

All I could tell my bro was that even if non-psychoactive, it is likely that the metabolites in his urine would get him flagged... as far as my limited knowledge of this goes.

I fully agree. The THC and CBD are being metabolized regardless of whether they are psychoactive. The metabolites (metabolized THC) are what "they" look for in urine.

It probably isnt worth the risk.

Ice House
#9 Posted : 1/12/2012 1:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

HF Thanks allot for this post, great information.

I just got a juicer for Christmas, lol.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Wax
#10 Posted : 1/12/2012 2:25:28 AM

LUVR

This is awesome! Thank you so much HF.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'