We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline Made Easy Options

Cheeto
#1 Posted : 12/8/2008 2:22:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No this is not a tek. This is me asking questions. So far i see no mecaline extraction that is what i call easy. I was wondering if anyone has tried to do a mescaline extract with acetone and sodium carbonate. I have heard that you can do a FASA extract, but also heard that Mescaline does not form so great with that method. I really would love to have a Hydrochloric salt in the end. So i know what acid i will need. What is my best route, or do i have no choice but to go another route, as in not an acetone extraction. If i ever evape my acetone my mesc will convert to carbonate salts, becuase this has not been consumed by humans too much i don't want to be one of the first, i am aware that some drugs can have salt forms that are VERY TOXIC, so its not smart to try one no one else has, maybe theres a reason they haven't tried it right. So please help me with this, can i get my hydrochloric salts without changing my whole extraction process and chemicals. I can't get lye at all, only sodium carbonate, so i have to base it with that.

Also, i have never asked this question, Why do you never want to mix acetone and water?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/8/2008 2:33:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Why do you never want to mix acetone and water?

Because they are completely miscible meaning they will mix together and form one solution.

mescaline HCl is safe way to take it.

Also you can just do a normal acid base type extraction for mescaline. the best solvent would be xylene or toluene during the non polar extraction part. So basically do acid base extraction and then make the salt after. About sodium carbonate check to solubility in water, SWIM thinks you can dissolve enough of it to get to a high pH around 12 but I forget the details. Sodium bicarbonate would not work because you can't dissolve enough of it in water.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 12/8/2008 4:57:32 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

There is nothing wrong with mescaline fumarate or with mescaline carbonate. There is noting unnatural with these salts either. Unless you use some nasty acid to make the salt (picric acid for instance) you have nothing to fear. You are full of carbonic acid and fumaric acid anyway.

The hydrochloric acid can be tricky and one may be left with pretty much acid-tasting impurities in the end of the process. Maybe acetone can wash them out.

The conversion of mescaline freebase to the carbonic acid due to the atmospheric CO2 sounds elusive. SWIM's FOAF has never seen it happening, but it cannot be excluded of course. So this guy once extracted freebase mescaline which is an oily substance. He let it like that to see it converting to salt through the atmospheric CO2, and well, nothing spectacular really happened.

Mescaline extraction is a bitch, especially when totally inactive plant is commonly sold. A/B extraction is a bitch as well, the powdered cactus tends to form a slime which needs to be boiled for ages for the sliminess to be defeated. STB also requires loads of NaOH to kill the sliminess proteins, plus it takes tons of xylene. An all this headache for near zero yields, this sucks.

One is better off buying whole cactus for the extraction; 'Coatl is definitely the best person to seek advice from (he'll tell you to eat the cactus unextrated however!)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#4 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Mescaline extraction is a bitch, especially when totally inactive plant is commonly sold. A/B extraction is a bitch as well, the powdered cactus tends to form a slime which needs to be boiled for ages for the sliminess to be defeated. STB also requires loads of NaOH to kill the sliminess proteins, plus it takes tons of xylene. An all this headache for near zero yields, this sucks.

I would say that the main problem is crap plant material and not the extraction itself. Use only whole high quality plant material A/B.

Cheeto
#5 Posted : 12/8/2008 7:42:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Quote:
Why do you never want to mix acetone and water?

Because they are completely miscible meaning they will mix together and form one solution.

mescaline HCl is safe way to take it.

Also you can just do a normal acid base type extraction for mescaline. the best solvent would be xylene or toluene during the non polar extraction part. So basically do acid base extraction and then make the salt after. About sodium carbonate check to solubility in water, SWIM thinks you can dissolve enough of it to get to a high pH around 12 but I forget the details. Sodium bicarbonate would not work because you can't dissolve enough of it in water.

Say once i had my Acetone/Freebase solution i added some water & muriatic acid to covert to hydrochloric salt, then i could just evape it all, Then acetone wash. Would this work?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Cheeto
#6 Posted : 12/8/2008 7:53:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

One is better off buying whole cactus for the extraction; 'Coatl is definitely the best person to seek advice from (he'll tell you to eat the cactus unextrated however!)

Well i would just eat it, if it didn't take so much, and taste so bad. Personaly i've never had it, thats what i hear though. Not many people said Mimosa Tea was that bad, to me it was most nasty shit i had ever drank, with bullshit that sticks to the roof of you mouth. I gag thinking about it, so i think when most people say this has a real bad taste, i think there is no way i would be able to eat 300 grams.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 12/8/2008 9:29:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM used to drink the snot tea. There was not nausea involved, but there was slight pain. One problem SWIM noticed was how ridiculously salty it is. SWIM would rather extract for fear of harming his kidneys. Though this was made with the whole cutting.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:01:22 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Though this was made with the whole cutting.

Dude I can't tell you how much that grosses me out! You couldn't pay me to drink snot tea made from the entire cutting! Did it work at all?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

69ron
#9 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did that before. It was his first good experience with the cactus.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 12/9/2008 3:38:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

69ron wrote:
SWIM did that before. It was his first good experience with the cactus.

Ditto. Too much wear and tear on SWIM's insides, though.

69ron
#11 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:18:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An extract is much better. But it's kind of like extracting Peganum harmala: filtering is a nightmare!

Is there a way to filter cactus that doesn't take all day?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:57:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

would a vacuum pump work?
it's a sound

69ron
#13 Posted : 12/9/2008 5:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has sort of given up on cactus because of the filtering problem. There must be a better way to go with cactus.

SWIM has a very good vacuum filtration system. It works wonders for most plants except two: cactus and harmala seeds. The filters clog almost immediately with either plant mater.

burnt
#14 Posted : 12/9/2008 11:06:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Say once i had my Acetone/Freebase solution i added some water & muriatic acid to covert to hydrochloric salt, then i could just evape it all, Then acetone wash. Would this work?

Theoretically yes just evaporate very slowly and don't add too much acid. However I am unsure of the solubility of mescaline free base and its Cl salt in acetone.

One could do this with any organic solvent that the mescaline freebase is soluble in. if its in xylene you can partition the xylene and acidic water and the freebase will move into the water and become a salt, the problem is evaporating water its a pain and takes a while.

Thats also why people generate chlorine gas to bubble through the organic solvent so that the gas forms a salt with the freebase and it just directly precipitates out of the organic solvent.

Cheeto
#15 Posted : 12/9/2008 1:43:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm.

burnt
#16 Posted : 12/9/2008 1:58:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry SWIM cannot offer much advice on gassing freebased alkaloids as one it is a bit dangerous and two SWIMs friends have never tried this.

Cheeto
#17 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:06:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i got my answer

burnt
#18 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Yes then the Cl gas will form a salt with the mescaline freebase.

Cheeto
#19 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:40:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
^^Yes

Ok, thanx alot. I'll edit my posts if your worried about others.

69ron
#20 Posted : 12/9/2008 8:17:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gassing with Cl gas is not something most people should be doing at home.