We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Another baby takes his first steps.. Options

red_lego_spaceman
#1 Posted : 1/5/2012 11:28:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I have been lurking on this site for awhile, and now that my extraction has been successful and I have taken a few very brief sojourns with my GVG, it feels like the right time to actually join this community and introduce myself.

First of all, I have to thank everyone here for creating such a valuable resource. I first read about DMT and extraction techniques almost 15 years ago on Erowid, but it was still far outside my reach. With all the detailed information available now, I was able to research every little, tiny question I had until I got it right. I can't convey how excited I was when I first put the naptha on my ice cold precipitation tray and saw it turn milky with crystals.

A bit about me- I am 38 years old and was very into astral projection for a long time. Ethnobotanicals seemed like a useful way to explore this, but I never had regular access to anything useful. I have spent a lot of time and money on binaural beats, hemi sync, and residential programs at the Monroe Institute. While I never got the OBE thing down, I did end up developing my intuition and awareness of chakras/subtle energy/guidance. This was interesting to me precisely because it was totally unexpected and not something I was looking for at all.

Recently, one of my friends from Burning Man came to visit, and he brought some ayahuasca with him. I did not prepare properly, and was basically sick for nearly 6 hours straight while my girlfriend spent 9 hours blissed out on the couch communing with gods and spirits. But my friend's visit rekindled my interest in the spirit molecule, and I spent the next couple months reading everything I could, and eventually managed an extraction which I am extremely proud of. (My magnetic stirrer was one of the best investments I could have made..) Also, I have since encountered many people who are experienced with spice or have it. This is strange, because up till now it was something I NEVER came across ever. It seems that now really is the time for me to explore.

So far I have tried the spice 4 times. Apparently my dosages have been much higher than they should have been. I started with 30mg, then 25, 55 and 55. My vaping technique must be terrible. I'm sure I'm not getting it all- I can see spice collecting underneath the bowl of the GVG, even though I used 8 screens.

I still have a lot of questions, but I'll save them for other posts before this gets to long Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 1/5/2012 11:57:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the forum, red_lego_spaceman!

You are lucky to have had the opportunity to go to Burning Man. That's definitely something I want to experience sometime in the future.

Since you have a GVG, may I suggest using copper mesh instead of multiple screens. I do not have a GVG, as I do well with my glass bong, but according to what others say here on the Nexus, copper scrubber is the way to go (Chore Boy brand). Doing this will most likely help with dosing efficiency, as 55mg should be pretty much a blackout dose if vaped correctly.

Hope to see you around!

DK

Ice House
#3 Posted : 1/6/2012 1:15:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

red_lego_spaceman wrote:
(My magnetic stirrer was one of the best investments I could have made..)

Welcome to the Nexus. Sounds like you need to work on your vapourization technique. Practice makes perfect.

Just curious, what do you use your magnetic stirrer for?

I own a nice one. I got it on ebay years ago. I have done many extractions and never once used it. now that I have my tek down I cant imagine what I would use it for.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 1/6/2012 1:30:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

red_lego_spaceman wrote:
I'm sure I'm not getting it all- I can see spice collecting underneath the bowl of the GVG, even though I used 8 screens.

I still have a lot of questions, but I'll save them for other posts before this gets to long Smile

Welcome to the Nexus.

Screens are not very good at holding liquid DMT, even when you have them stacked 8 deep, as you have discovered.

I recommend making a thin disc of copper β€œChoreBoy” type of material. It holds liquid DMT perfectly and allows for very efficient vaporization.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

mad_banshee
#5 Posted : 1/6/2012 2:28:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the forum RLS!
With some practice and technique, you'll get it down to nice even experiences.
I use spice on a bed of parsley usually, but I'm going to try the choreboy route soon.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

red_lego_spaceman
#6 Posted : 1/6/2012 5:41:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the tips- I will definitely check out the choreboy. I saw that a lot of people used various brillo-type things, but I was leaning against that because I know some of them have nasty chemicals. I'll read up on the choreboy, though.

Regarding the magnetic stirrer, I use it for two things:

1) When dissolving the spice in naptha, I can turn my stirrer on high, and a whirlpool forms inside my bottle. The naptha and aqueous layers blend really nicely, and I can leave it stirring on high for 20-30 minutes, which I like a lot better than furiously shaking a bottle full of lye.

2) When emulsions form, I can set the stirrer on low for an hour or so, and it separates the layers perfectly. I know the common solution to emulsions is to add more lye, but even after doing that I had a layer in between the naptha and aqueous layers which was little bubbles of lye-water in the naptha. The stirrer gets rid of that.