We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
xylene question Options

Phlux-
#21 Posted : 12/11/2008 2:24:02 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

thanks man youv been a great help. much appreciated.

i actually just noticed how badly i worded that last post of mine. you answered everything but what i meant by "will it make my spice cleaner if i disolve it all in naptha and re freeze precip ?" was separate - xylene aside, if swim just took his spice (of yellowish color) and disolved it in a very small amount of warm naptha, then just freeze precipped as usual, would it clean the spice in any way at all - would the contaminants that changed the color of the spice stay in the naptha as the spice falls out ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#22 Posted : 12/11/2008 2:35:38 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

The yellow contaminants you want to leave out (dmt-n-oxide) are fine and equally psychoactive. But if you really want them out, aye, put the yellow spice in some container, add warm naphtha to dissolve it, soon you'll see yellow droplets of the "contaminant oxide" falling and gathering on the bottom of the container (will look like yellow/orangy/red syrup). Just get it out (e.g. siphoning it off?) and freeze precip the naphtha for whiter product

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Phlux-
#23 Posted : 12/12/2008 7:55:33 AM

The Root

is xylene just as good as tolulene ?
what are the reasons for the 28.82 Celsius temp ?

i read a long post stating that fumaric acid can be added to a xylene pull to kill the need to evap - in that post it was not thouroly tested - is it a good idea to go through with it ?
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Infundibulum
#24 Posted : 12/12/2008 12:49:59 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

xylene is as good a toluene. Not really much differences between the two of them.

The value of 28.82 centigrade is a bit incorrect, apologies for that. It should have been 28.83. If one goes for as low as 28.82 or as high as 28.84 he/she runs the immense danger of fucking up the whole extraction.

And finally yeah, the FASA removes the need to evap xylene; just read SWIM's FOAF's word document tek he attached in the FASA overview forum, (follow the link in his signature).

Phlux-
#25 Posted : 12/12/2008 12:57:06 PM

The Root

u gotta be joking about those temps - Smile seriously Smile
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Infundibulum
#26 Posted : 12/12/2008 1:00:40 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

ayeLaughing

Basically any temp is fine, from room temperature up to 50 centigrade. Warmer the better, one will need to do less pulls if warmer solvent is used.

Phlux-
#27 Posted : 12/12/2008 3:30:11 PM

The Root

thought so - shot man
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nanaki
#28 Posted : 12/12/2008 10:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
The FASA is the best adjunct ever to STBs or A/Bs. SWIM's firmly convinced about that. Again, it's very nice to see people getting nice results with it!

To be sure, FASA only precipitates DMT fumarate, and not jungle spice, right?
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#29 Posted : 12/12/2008 11:07:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

it does most alkaloids im pretty sure
it's a sound

Phlux-
#30 Posted : 12/13/2008 7:02:32 PM

The Root

i thought jungle wasnt an alkaloid but some strange diterpenoid or something along those lines.
i was also wondering about that - jungle fumarate ? swim has a xylene pull going at the mo and damn that stuff takes a long time to evap compared to naptha.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nanaki
#31 Posted : 1/2/2009 1:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does Xylene need to be made anhydrous with the dried MgSO4 like one would with Acetone, or does it come already without any water?
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Saidin
#32 Posted : 1/2/2009 5:50:32 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

water and xylene are like oil and water, or base and NP, or....
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

PREV12