We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT N-oxide Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 12/8/2008 2:51:59 AM

John Murdoch IV

What's the chemical formula for DMT N-oxide? (do you write it like this?)

I'm not much of a chemist so I have no idea. I was just thinking if one would be caught with DMT N-oxide, if it would be possible to argue about it's legal status because it's different from regular freebase N,N-DMT.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 12/8/2008 4:15:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That would be up for interpretation. Some would argue it's an analog of DMT. But it's absolutely not a salt or an ester of DMT and it does have different effects. According to some sources I’ve read, it’s not illegal. But I wouldn’t take any chances. It would definitely be safer to be caught with DMT N-Oxide than real DMT, at least it could be argued that it’s not a directly controlled substance. You might get off scot-free or get busted for having an analog of DMT. But you wouldn’t get busted for DMT possession, just a related analog of DMT.

I’m no lawyer, so take my words with a grain of salt.

SWIM likes DMT N-Oxide more than DMT. It's the main reason why ayahuasca made with chacruna is friendlier than ayahuasca made with mimosa. DMT N-Oxide is a little weaker, but longer lasting and not as alien as DMT. It’s more of a visual experience than a mental experience.

Here’s a pick of the actual difference:

DMT N-Oxide

DMT
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/8/2008 4:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

how would you better describe the dmt n-oxide compared to dmt freebase
it's a sound

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/8/2008 4:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The trip is slower. I peaks after about 10-15 minutes like 5-HO-DMT, and lasts about 90 minutes. It's milder, mostly visual. It's VERY NICE, but also weaker. It works orally without MAOI in SWIM. In SWIM it’s active at about 100 mg orally, but also causes nausea that way. The oral activity was only tested a few times and needs to be tested by other SWIM's to be sure it works this way for everyone and not just SWIM.

It's more mushroom like. It's smoother and more of a relaxed experience than DMT.

Some Yopo/Vilca contains lots of DMT N-Oxide.

If you destroy the bufotenine in Yopo/Vilca by bringing the pH to 12 for 24 hours, what's left behind is mostly DMT N-Oxide. Some Yopo/Vilca contains quite of bit of this.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ethnochemist
#5 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:00:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has heard out there that DMT will eventually Oxidize into DMT-Oxidize. SWIM has had a small amount of dmt sit around for almost a year now (as freebase), swim will see if the experience is any different.

Any procedures for oxidizing the DMT freebase?

E.C.

69ron
#6 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:02:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. It's VERY EASY. Put DMT in a mix of 2:1 of hydrogen peroxide and alcohol. DMT N-Oxide forms right away.

Ethnochemist
#7 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:14:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful! would 99% IPA work just fine, or would it not matter? (as in...Vodka lol).

This is totally a random thought, but if it really is that quick.....very nice and quick way to get out of legal trouble haha.

Actually! If that's the case. Assuming swim liked the N-Oxide experience better anyway...would it be better store the dmt as a fumarate or as the oxide? SWIM reads that it's pretty stable as the fumarate, but it can't really oxidize or break down further as an Oxide, can it?

E.C.

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:19:42 AM

John Murdoch IV

But can you easily break through smoking DMT N-oxide? And if so then for how long can you stay in Hyperspace before coming back?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:20:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

how much more visual is dmt n-oxide?
it's a sound

69ron
#10 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I didn't word that right.

It's not MORE visual than DMT. It's less mental, and mostly just visual. While DMT is both mentally psychedelic and visual.

69ron
#11 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:19:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ethnochemist wrote:
Beautiful! would 99% IPA work just fine, or would it not matter? (as in...Vodka lol).

This is totally a random thought, but if it really is that quick.....very nice and quick way to get out of legal trouble haha.

Actually! If that's the case. Assuming swim liked the N-Oxide experience better anyway...would it be better store the dmt as a fumarate or as the oxide? SWIM reads that it's pretty stable as the fumarate, but it can't really oxidize or break down further as an Oxide, can it?

E.C.

The original tech used ethanol. Any alcohol will work. The alcohol has nothing to do with the reaction. It’s the hydrogen peroxide that does it. The alcohol is just used to dissolve the DMT because it won’t easily dissolve in hydrogen peroxide.

You need to use 30% hydrogen peroxide, not the weak stuff sold at the pharmacies.

I have no idea about the storage life of DMT N-Oxide. The problem is it’s oily, not a solid. So it’s hard to use.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Beautiful! would 99% IPA work just fine, or would it not matter? (as in...Vodka lol)."

what do you say about the 69ron?

edit: thanks!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:20:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what about melting it with heat? does that cause oxidation?
it's a sound

69ron
#14 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
But can you easily break through smoking DMT N-oxide? And if so then for how long can you stay in Hyperspace before coming back?

The most DMT N-Oxide SWIM smoked was 30 mg. Its VERY NICE and mellow compared to DMT. At that dose he has tons of colorful visions with the eyes opened. He also has closed eyed visions at that dose with people, places, etc. What’s nice about it, it’s like 5-HO-DMT in that you feel pretty much normal during the trip. He didn’t break through.

SWIM was quite disappointed to find that it was orally active but also caused nausea when taken orally. The nausea lasts throughout the whole trip when taken orally. He gets no nausea when smoking it though. Oral activity has only been tested by SWIM. It might not work orally for others. Such is the case with 5-MeO-DMT, which only seems to works orally in some people.

Has anyone else tried it orally besides SWIM?

69ron
#15 Posted : 12/8/2008 6:29:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
what about melting it with heat? does that cause oxidation?

Heat with a fan is said to work well by another guy on another forum, but I don't know how well it works. SWIM never tried that tech.

You'll know if it works because your nice white spice will become yellow and very sticky.