We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Concept for the formation of betacarbolines from tryptamines Options

InMotion
#21 Posted : 1/7/2012 3:20:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Even goes over controlling chirality/epimers! Wonderful paper(s) Dr. Sister thank you for posting these.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nen888
#22 Posted : 5/29/2012 5:24:36 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..great info thanks Dr_ Sister..!

i really feel that the boiling of material vs. cold extraction (e.g. into methanol/ethanol) of different tryptamine plants needs to be investigated further..NMT in particular could partially degrade into betacarbolines, and perhaps DMT partially into NMT..?
even small amounts of some betacarbolines perhaps could make a difference to subjective effects of extracts/brews..

InMotion
#23 Posted : 6/1/2012 7:03:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

I can see nmt forming a beta-carboline given the right conditions, that's a pretty neat idea. Though, the idea of mono de-methylation of the tertiary amine in n,n-dmt from boiling in water seems far-fetched especially in a water soluble salt form.

Totally true that different beta-carbolines will have different effects, especially with the DMT experience continually pressing novelty. An example being; THH does not interfere with GABA in a animal model(IIRC) while harmine and harmaline do. In this case I would expect the variance of beta-carbolines not to be formed from the boiling/brewing but rather in the plants themselves. Caapi has how many alkaloids in it? I recall a paper saying they found I believe 43, on-top of however many were already known and some perhaps yet to be discovered. Burnt's analysis on jungle spice if I remember correctly also depicted beta-carbolines or maybe THBC's I forget. So there is a vast area for incalculable variables involving plant brews from the DMT source plant as well as the MAOI source plant, on-top of any admixture.

As far as staying on topic though, I am failing to do so.

PREV12