We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help identify this Amanita Options

ntwhtyouknw
#1 Posted : 1/1/2012 5:55:40 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

I was going for a walk this morning and stumbled upon what appears to be a variety of Amanita Muscaria. Variety formosa or guessowii maybe? I'm not very familiar with Amanita mushroom so I am trying to be certain. Anyone ever pick these?
ntwhtyouknw attached the following image(s):
IMAG0812.jpg (2,332kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
IMAG0814.jpg (1,185kb) downloaded 152 time(s).
IMAG0811.jpg (2,198kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
IMAG0812.jpg (2,332kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

drishti
#2 Posted : 1/1/2012 6:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Toadfreak,

your shroomies look like Amanita var. formosa, as their color is light orange, whereas regular amanita muscarias are bright red colored. These are said to be somewhat weaker in potency than the regular muscarias, but one can never know. Dry them (but take care as the mushies won't become crispy - in an oven), and try a smaller amount, chew them slowly, on an empty stomach. I should start with 3-4 grams, and smoke some pot after one hour, they go really well together. Also, the weed cuts the nausea these shrooms generate. It should be a relaxing, contemplative experience!

Be safe, and have a very happy new year, full of fruitful explorations! Smile

ntwhtyouknw
#3 Posted : 1/1/2012 6:26:02 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

I was really hoping/thinking they would be something active, I'm doing some more research but it is really nice to have some reassurance. Thank you for the fast reply and the blessings!
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

ntwhtyouknw
#4 Posted : 1/1/2012 7:33:14 PM

So were talking 3-4 grams dry weight I'm assuming right?
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

ntwhtyouknw
#5 Posted : 1/1/2012 8:15:35 PM

Cool, well thanks really, I did enough research to find that these are in fact Muscaria Var. Formosa. Which actually is an uncommon find for my part of the country. So pretty sweet little stumble.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

ntwhtyouknw
#6 Posted : 1/1/2012 10:04:43 PM

"Cool, well thanks really, I did enough research to find that these are in fact Muscaria Var. Formosa. Which actually is an uncommon find for my part of the country. So pretty sweet little stumble."

"This is the yellow-capped Eurasian variety of the fly agaric. Since it is a Eurasian variety, it's not particularly relevant to this guide, except to the extent that people erroneously apply the name to North American varieties. Most commonly the name is misapplied to A. muscaria var. guessowii, to which it bears a substantial resemblance. As was mentioned earlier, var. guessowii and var. formosa are analogous in form, "

Hmm, I guess I'm back to being iffy on this again, It could be Fermosa or Guessowii I suppose... I am certainly still on the hunt to be sure of its ID.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

Curiouskid
#7 Posted : 1/1/2012 10:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure there isn't a dangerous amanita colored like that with these white spots they should be actives or gourmets (actually very few mushrooms are deadly anyway...), so you should be safe; NOTE THAT I AM NOT A PRO MYCOLOGYST THOUGH !!!!!!!!! so stay safe! ;-)

I just got some and might try soon, good luck with that
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

Curiouskid
#8 Posted : 1/2/2012 12:02:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.shroomery.org...p/Number/9327978#9327978
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

ntwhtyouknw
#9 Posted : 1/2/2012 1:02:40 AM

Yea I took a look at that same guide. I am still pretty uncertain. They may be active. Still doing some research. I messaged the fella who wrote the guide and also made a post on the Shroomery, So maybe someone will be able to say more certainly. They definitely look like Muscaria to me but again I have no experience picking wild Amanita.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

Entropymancer
#10 Posted : 1/2/2012 3:49:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Looks like A. muscaria var. flavivolvata to me. Definitely A. muscaria at any rate.

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 1/2/2012 4:32:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Toadfreak1 wrote:
Yea I took a look at that same guide. I am still pretty uncertain. They may be active

they are definitely active
the best drying results i have had are a combination of sunlight and dehydrator until leather-dry, then lowest heat on oven with door cracked until they are cracker dry.
be careful not to overheat (170º-175ºF is ideal)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ntwhtyouknw
#12 Posted : 1/2/2012 5:57:35 AM

Thanks for the input, I feel a lot better about them now. Also someone on another forum said they are Amanita Muscaria var. Persicina, and they do appear to be so to me.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

Coastal_Shaman
#13 Posted : 1/3/2012 5:21:07 AM

"That Guy"

What part of the U.S.A. are you in? I'm up in the PNW of Canada and I've had that variety here before. They are deffinetly active.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

ntwhtyouknw
#14 Posted : 1/3/2012 7:38:13 PM

These were picked in the SE.. I did some research and found this variety is actually somewhat common here, who knew? I thought Muscaria only grew up north... Lucky day I suppose.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

Rising Spirit
#15 Posted : 1/3/2012 8:39:08 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Toadfreak1 wrote:
These were picked in the SE.. I did some research and found this variety is actually somewhat common here, who knew? I thought Muscaria only grew up north... Lucky day I suppose.

Are you ingesting or smoking them (or both)? Please share your trip report with the Nexus gang! I've yet to imbibe myself, although I now have local product, as well as some Washington State Amanitas and Panthers. Cool
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Parshvik Chintan
#16 Posted : 1/4/2012 12:26:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:

Are you ingesting or smoking them (or both)? Please share your trip report with the Nexus gang! I've yet to imbibe myself, although I now have local product, as well as some Washington State Amanitas and Panthers. Cool

i wouldn't recommend smoking.
i have tried both with the red skin of the cap, and with a homemade extract.
it tastes like smoking a mushroom (surprisingly enough) and there were no effects of note.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ntwhtyouknw
#17 Posted : 1/4/2012 7:04:42 AM

I've eaten them from an online vendor once. They were incredibly dreamy, I was half awake and I could hear and see cars pulling up in my parking lot. I at one point heard a phone ring and a voice said Amanita Muscaria how may I help you? It was like I was dreaming while awake. Not the same as a lucid dream at all, I could get up and move around at any point but whenever my eyes were closed I heard conversations and saw weird scenes,I was sort of sedated, I saw a woman smoking a cigarette at a small bar table and we were talking about something, I realized it and thought wow your hot and she disappeared. I'm honestly kind of weary of eating them again, but I certainly couldn't pass up picking them. I'm sure when the time seems right though I'll eat them.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king

Coastal_Shaman
#18 Posted : 1/4/2012 7:42:01 AM

"That Guy"

Toadfreak1 wrote:
I've eaten them from an online vendor once. They were incredibly dreamy, I was half awake and I could hear and see cars pulling up in my parking lot. I at one point heard a phone ring and a voice said Amanita Muscaria how may I help you? It was like I was dreaming while awake. Not the same as a lucid dream at all, I could get up and move around at any point but whenever my eyes were closed I heard conversations and saw weird scenes,I was sort of sedated, I saw a woman smoking a cigarette at a small bar table and we were talking about something, I realized it and thought wow your hot and she disappeared. I'm honestly kind of weary of eating them again, but I certainly couldn't pass up picking them. I'm sure when the time seems right though I'll eat them.

You don't have to eat them for a trip.. You can make those into culinary mushrooms by parboiling them. They are eaten parboiled and also pickled commonly in parts of eastern Europe and Asia among other places.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**