We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chacruna STB? Options

Biskotso
#1 Posted : 12/31/2011 6:23:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I've had a lot of success and fun with Mimosa STB extractions.
A friend has told me he's got 1000g of Chacruna surplus to requirements.

Can I perform an STB in the same way?
I've had limited luck searching online and I find that the search tool on the Nexus is funny to get my head round (I normally use Google and add "nexus" in my search to get results on here - HaHa.)

Many thanks.
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy and at peace.
All information sought on this website is on behalf of a friend. The use of "I" is only to enable ease of communication.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 12/31/2011 7:24:32 PM

No. A/B chacruna. It has lots of plant fats.

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 12/31/2011 7:35:25 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

acid/base. with plenty de-fats.

Use a powerful non-polar solvent to defat, xylene, toluene, or DCM would do fine. You could use naphtha, but you would need to defat many more times and it wouldn't be as effective.

From then you basify and extract with your non-polar solvent.

you can also try the dry sodium carbonate paste method. Make a crude extract with acetone and de-fat that.

A good method via the paste method, is to make your crude extract with acetone, and without de-fatting, precipitate fumarates straight out of the crude acetone extract using FASA.

This will leave you with crude fumarates that you can clean up accordingly. If necessary you could wash the furmates with a non-polar solvent, This method would be the easiest de-fatting IMO

(note: a better idea would be to use CaOH instead of carbonate, I don't know how well it will basify the alkaloids due to them being trapped within the waxy leaves, CaOH would do a much better and faster job.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."