We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Official Avatar Discussion Options

easyrider
#21 Posted : 1/2/2012 7:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish wrote:
DeMenTed wrote:
i couldnt possibly divulge such information. The hyperspace entities wouldnt be happy Razz

I have seen that image before... not even a hint? My GIS-fu is doing nothing for me.

http://www.vector.net/20...ector-art-illustrations/

That particular work of Sebastien Feraut is entitled Dead End.
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BananaForeskin
#22 Posted : 1/2/2012 9:35:38 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

My avatar is a Secret Chief...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

open'nheart
#23 Posted : 1/3/2012 1:09:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is a picture I took on the pacific coast a few years back. I realized afterward that I had photographed an old woman praying.

DoctorMantus
#24 Posted : 1/3/2012 1:16:58 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Well My name is Dr.Mantus. Smile

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#25 Posted : 1/3/2012 1:17:43 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

open'nheart wrote:
Mine is a picture I took on the pacific coast a few years back. I realized afterward that I had photographed an old woman praying.

I did not even see that, that very sweet.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Purges
#26 Posted : 1/3/2012 1:54:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dean Fleming - The Virgin, just sums up Hyperspace to me - divine, ridiculous, intricate, beautiful, symbolic, multifaceted, creatures, ALIENS!

Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Lichen
#27 Posted : 1/3/2012 7:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest, I didn't think all that much of the film. I remember being entertained at the time, but in retrospect, very little of it is actually remembered. Also, I think this thread is a little late. Very happy Love you all.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

antrocles
#28 Posted : 1/4/2012 12:13:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://travislouie.com/p...875105254/Paintings.html

it was awkward and uncomfortable sitting for so long, but travis louie's reputation warranted respect. the end result was a stunning likeness and the rest, as they say, is history....

L&G!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

DoingKermit
#29 Posted : 1/4/2012 12:17:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^That artist's work is amazing... comical but kinda creepy at the same time Smile

Tek
#30 Posted : 1/4/2012 3:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a graphic designer by profession so I created mine. It's a homage to the old nickelodeon cartoon Eureeka's Castle from the 1990's. The first time I ever tripped, I had this vision of a large lizard man walking through my wall who whispered to me the word 'Magellan'. Totally perplexed by the message, I googled the word and worked through the results until I found the mention of Eureeka's Castle. In the show, Magellan was a large green lizard who was one of my favorite characters when I was a kid. This gave me a unique insight into my life that I can't possibly try to explain, having to do with why I lost my innocence which is highly personal and I had completely forgotten about it.

The message was so strong I had to trip again very soon after this first one. This second trip was my first ever breakthrough, and on this journey I met my personal spirit guide whom I call Teo. Teo took me to an actual freestanding reality in which the tv show Eureeka's Castle was the main content. When I arrived there, I knew I had been there before and the characters from the show greeted me like I was returning from a long time away. When I came to from that trip, I understood that in some way I can't understand, I'm connected to the reality of Eureeka's Castle beyond time and space (see signature).

Strange, yet true for me.
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

Double3
#31 Posted : 1/6/2012 10:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is a picture I took on my travels through Blackreach. A colossal underground cavern and ancient Dwemer ruin.
"More than the past, I'm interested in the future, because that's where I intend to live."

PrimateSphinx
#32 Posted : 1/7/2012 8:40:29 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

BananaForeskin wrote:
My avatar is a Secret Chief...

Secret Chief as in the Secret Chiefs 3? If so, badass
also btw Dimitrius the Eternals are also badassSmile.
I can't say that my has a whole lot of personal meaning to me other than the fact that I like Hunter S. Thompson and the Muppets, and when you combine the two you get a super-avatar of which the likes has never been seen, and you get Hunter S. Gonzo. So that's probably why I chose that image as an avatarPleased. My name however has a little bit more meaning to me. The name Primate Sphinx comes from my first "breakthrough" mushroom trip wherein I (whist laying in a southwestern desert under a full moon) saw a giant sandstone rock turn into a giant purple lions body with a head that was morphing into every primate, monkey, and ape species I have ever seen, and perhaps haven't seen. Love radiated from the stars and all that good stuff and I was changed forever yada yada yada. Good times.
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

Kookaburra
#33 Posted : 1/9/2012 2:10:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is "The Shaman" by visionary/interdimensional artist Amanda Sage: http://amandasage.com/

When my friend first smoked DMT, she had this experience where she exhaled & everything including the smoke rippled out in fractals... the picture reminds me of that. She also got the picture to hang in her room in the early stages, and would often encounter it when she came back from other realms. It seemed significant to her.

Cheers
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

mad_banshee
#34 Posted : 1/9/2012 2:37:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My new avatar is of a beautiful woman attending a Drum Circle here in Florida a the beach last night. She is giving honor and blessings to the day, and to the sun. It was a wonder to watch her! So powerful!
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Felnik
#35 Posted : 1/9/2012 3:08:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My avatar was taken in one of my favorite forests. A place of great meaning and power to me. I've done much deep work here.
Felnik attached the following image(s):
riverfreekout.jpg (7,400kb) downloaded 258 time(s).
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Aegle
#36 Posted : 1/9/2012 3:35:54 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Felnik wrote:
My avatar was taken in one of my favorite forests. A place of great meaning and power to me. I've done much deep work here.

Felnik

This picture its absolutely breathtaking...

Much Peace and Respect
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

proto-pax
#37 Posted : 1/9/2012 4:07:25 PM

bird-brain

It's a baby with chainsaw eyes.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

۩
#38 Posted : 1/9/2012 4:15:23 PM

mad_banshee wrote:
My new avatar is of a beautiful woman attending a Drum Circle here in Florida a the beach last night. She is giving honor and blessings to the day, and to the sun. It was a wonder to watch her! So powerful!

Hm...

What area of FL?

I used to frequent a circle in that state with an ashiko every Sunday...

zombicyckel
#39 Posted : 1/9/2012 5:51:32 PM

Armchair activist

Felnik wrote:

Love it

mad_banshee
#40 Posted : 1/9/2012 6:32:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
mad_banshee wrote:

Hm...

What area of FL?

I used to frequent a circle in that state with an ashiko every Sunday...

Nokomis Beach.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

PREV1234NEXT»