We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Official Avatar Discussion Options

DMT Psychonaut
#1 Posted : 12/30/2011 7:08:45 AM

Witness to Humanity

Hey Nexians, I haven't been around here in awhile but I've had this thread in mind for sometime. Since I can't always spend a decent amount of time around here to get to know the people in the community better, I thought of a creative way that will help me learn something signifacant or unique to each of your personalities.

The idea is this: Share something about your Avatar.

What was the idea behind choosing the image you chose.

Why did you choose it, does it have any significant value to you?

Does it represent you in anyway?

If you've changed your avatar, was there a specific reason for the change?

Maybe you want to post your old avatar and compare the difference between the old and the new?

I've noticed some of you change your avatar frequently, what goes into choosing your avatars?

Is there any theme or pattern in those choices?

Also feel free to discuss any significant meaning associated with your nexus name.

I'm really interested to see what everyone has to say, so have at it.

Here is why I chose my avatar.
Before I joined the Nexus I googled a bunch of images for psychedelic art, lucid dreaming, and other mystical images to add to the slideshow for my desktop background. My avatar was the favorite out of all those images. I picked it for my nexus avatar because I felt it depicted the oneness with the universe kinda feeling you can get from psychedelics or deep meditation. And I'd say my choice in my account name is pretty obvious Wink
Disclaimer:

All these thoughts,
words arranged in this message,
come from the Tao
and return to the Tao.
Yet they do not touch it.
Each of us will perceive the message,
Yet to each our own interpretation.

I'll see you when the river meets us

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 12/30/2011 7:25:33 AM

<3

Cool thread, I'd be interested in knowing peoples stories about their avatars too!

Honestly, I've always been very interested in space and the cosmos, I find them absolutely beautiful.

Also,

On my first psychedelic experience that reached level 4, after some weak LSD and 6 hits of cannabis which I am HIGHLY sensitive to when tripping, I watched the intro to the documentary The Universe on history channel.

As the scale zoomed out from our planet to solar system to section of galaxy to galaxy, etc etc, I broke down and fell to the floor and cried harder than I ever have in my entire life.

My first HUGE enlightenment..sticks to me to this very day. So I decided to make my avatar a part of a spiral galaxy.

Smile

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#3 Posted : 12/31/2011 1:57:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is "The Treasures of Satan", a painting by Deville. Been into Deville's stuff before DMT, and the tentacles on Satan's wings as he arches over the lolling heads of the humans seemed appropriate. Also, note how he is punching one hand through space. See the ripple? Also note the psychedelic landscape.

A fascinating work, and I think the common christian misconception/corruption of Lucifer is shown by the beauty and contrast in this piece.
Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish attached the following image(s):
delville_treasures_satan1.jpg (541kb) downloaded 555 time(s).
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#4 Posted : 12/31/2011 2:09:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is a portrait of Howard Phillips Lovecraft, the seminal writer whose work formed my introduction to non-ordinary modes of thought.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Rising Spirit
#5 Posted : 12/31/2011 4:12:03 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Mine is always a self portrait of some kind. Monkey boy in full bloom! While this seems so blatantly vain, I simply cannot deny or escape my mortal self-definition and figure I ought to play with it a little. As I am a devoted flute player (no that's not a bong, it's a shakuhachi), I often depict my online persona Blowing Zen. Of course, I amp the psychedelic appearance, given this fine venue's predilection for entheogens. Wink
Rising Spirit attached the following image(s):
Rising Spirit.jpg (447kb) downloaded 539 time(s).
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

tele
#6 Posted : 12/31/2011 10:13:43 AM
Explorer

Mine is the picture of the greatest shaman ever, Mayan God L:

To see other gods from the same vase, look here:
http://www.mayavase.com/eleven.html

The vase of eleven gods depicts the gathering of gods at the very beginning of our current mayan cycle(about 5 thousand years ago), where they placed something important into order. The same scenery is depicted in the vase of seven gods. End of our current long count cycle could mean there will be a next gathering soon, who knows...

dromedary
#7 Posted : 12/31/2011 10:59:12 AM

Camelus dromedarius

My avatar is an old picture of me from my carrying people across the desert days. Now they've put me in the office so I've put on a bit of weight since then. Honestly, a guy like me can't treat himself to one wild plumbush without it going straight to my hump!

darkunft
#8 Posted : 12/31/2011 5:26:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

got mine on another board by a user who allowed me to use it.
original is:
http://pictures.mafez.co...re-auguste_painting.jpg

photoshopped of course
Avatar: 1877 pierre auguste renoir
model: jeanne samary
gimped by Combin

۩
#9 Posted : 12/31/2011 5:30:49 PM

Art is subjective to the observer . .
Just a photograph I look Cool

۩ attached the following image(s):
P1020493.jpg (446kb) downloaded 498 time(s).

Madcap
#10 Posted : 12/31/2011 9:07:23 PM

illudium Q-36

Ive been using one of my cacti for a while. I swap it in and out... usually when I'm a little drunk (not sure why that is)

I just (sober) switched to this current one, which is a mutt P. Torch I harvested this tip.... its a few feet away rooting away on the heating pad.

The spines of this plant stab me like no other. Even spinier plants don't attack like this one does. Something about the subtle angles etc. I haven't tested its activeness, but I do have a couple feet set aside for that very purpose. Unless it ends up being a super potent clone, I will likely never harvest this guy again... to painful. Plus, the plant is so pretty.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 12/31/2011 9:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

My avatar was a misfire photo. I was out taking BW pictures of psychedelic fungus and I had my dog with me, and I was getting up and down from the ground. Some time during that photo session I accidently shot a picture of my dogs snout and lower lif/teeth.

enjoy, the avatar and the owner of that great set of pearly whites.
Ice House attached the following image(s):
433473954-boca.jpg (140kb) downloaded 477 time(s).
273.jpg (278kb) downloaded 476 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

pau
#12 Posted : 1/1/2012 12:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Picasso, Homme de Espace, 1925
WHOA!

Guardian
#13 Posted : 1/1/2012 1:08:44 AM

alien ambassador

۩ wrote:
Art is subjective to the observer . .
Just a photograph I look Cool

burning man! (?)
The more you try to know, the more mysterious life gets..

DeMenTed
#14 Posted : 1/1/2012 2:11:59 AM

Barry

i couldnt possibly divulge such information. The hyperspace entities wouldnt be happy Razz

tryptographer
#15 Posted : 1/1/2012 5:18:43 AM

tryptamine photographer

Nice ones!
I always loved your avatar Icehouse, it reminds me of a Francis Bacon painting.

As for my own avatar... proud to say I made it myself - or rather, 3d modeled and rendered it using an old alchemical illustration as an example.
tryptographer attached the following image(s):
draakscratches03.jpg (110kb) downloaded 270 time(s).

dreamer042
#16 Posted : 1/1/2012 5:56:19 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

House linked me to some Dadara art and when I saw it, I knew it was the right avatar for me Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Dimitrius
#17 Posted : 1/2/2012 1:55:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From the comic, 'Eternals'.

Pretty self-explanatory, to myself and me, of course.

( > ( > ( > ( > B-O~O-M < ) < ) < ) < )
Dimitrius attached the following image(s):
eternalsgaimanjrjr.jpg (69kb) downloaded 396 time(s).
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Curiouskid
#18 Posted : 1/2/2012 2:52:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
House linked me to some Dadara art and when I saw it, I knew it was the right avatar for me Cool

oh man THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH, this guy is incredible!!!!! love it

oh and by the way my avatar is a jewel I spotted last season, its small perfection just defines what mind set guides me right now in this incredible adventure called life; an astounding potential hiding within the small and fragile!...
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#19 Posted : 1/2/2012 5:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeMenTed wrote:
i couldnt possibly divulge such information. The hyperspace entities wouldnt be happy Razz

I have seen that image before... not even a hint? My GIS-fu is doing nothing for me.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Aegle
#20 Posted : 1/2/2012 6:55:23 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

DMT Psychonaut

Thank you for this lovely thread... My avatar is from the book Faeries by Brian Froud and Alan Lee, my parents had the first edition around while i was growing up and i used to spend so much time just paging through the book on many an afternoon. This specific piece is my favourite by far and as it has such a beautiful dream like feel i thought it would be perfecrt for my avatar as i have always been a dreamer. As for my name Aegle it comes from Greek mythology, Aegle was one of the daughters of Asclepius the Greek god of medicine and healing. The name Aegle was derivied from the word brightness and as my parents and friends used to call me sunshine, i dont think i could of come aross a better name.

Thank you everyone for sharing your posts as i have really enjoyed learing more about you guys... Wink

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

123NEXT»