We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
I'm not all that impressed with DMT's effects. Options

lowjackal
#1 Posted : 12/5/2008 9:43:33 PM

PuddinTane

Confused That is to say, I have yet to see any complex geometric patterns moving in synchronized order, or any entities or beings as of yet. And I dont really plan to, or want to.
Maybe I'm not behaving as one needs to in order to escape the physical reality with which I was at before, during, and after smoking dmt.

For starters this is my first post so let me stop being rude and say greetings DMT nexus members. I really like your board and find it to be very informative as well as entertaining.
Maybe I was expecting too much from DMT. Because I thought that this was going to open a door to an enlightened pathway or a spiritual awakening of sorts. It's alot to ask of a chemical, I know. But the trip reports I'd read made dmt sound like it was the most psychedelic, extreme drug ever.
Whenever you some dmt , do you keep your eyes open? Do you shut them? I kept mine open and although there definitly was a kick ass effect to it and a shift in my perception, as if the room was breathing lightly. But at not time did I not see the room around, nor did it change aside from slight distortions.
I guess smoking it on aluminum foil like a dragon chaser isnt the best way to get a good enough hit to rock the cashbaugh. Does one need to apply the flame directly onto the material like a crackhead does? Or maybe it'd smoke ok in a glass pipe like a crankster smokes from?
I've even heard some say they smoked it on ashes.
So is the optimum way of smoking it like crack via "the machine" style pipe, using brillo as the medium to smoke on??
I hate to draw this similarity but it sort of reminded me of when I was a teenager and felt like when we used gasoline as an inhalant. Thats terrible I know, but the sound that comes over you, and the disconnection, as well as the disgusting flavor in ones mouth.
But its been a long time since my teens so dont hold me to that comparison.

Anyways thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and replies to my questions however smuggled into this post and hidden they may be.

Peace to you all!
Shocked
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/5/2008 10:33:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

are you sure you did the tek properly(cus we certainly dont buy drugs around here)?? could be you smoked some solventConfused
Long live the unwoke.

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 12/5/2008 10:44:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you either didn't smoke nearly enough, or your smoking technique was wrong.

If you've smoked a full breakthrough dose, it really doesn't make any difference whether you close your eyes or keep them open. Your body is a whole reality away from what your consciousness is experiencing.

SWIM smokes his out of a bubbler sandwiched between ashes, but a freebase pipe (or the Machine) is probably more efficient. However you do it, avoid direct contact between the flame and DMT, and be careful not to overheat it.

Out of curiosity, why do you say you're not impressed with the effects of DMT, when you admit it's clear that you haven't really experienced the effects it produces in a typical dose? It's not as though the experience reports you read were atypical, or exagerated.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:03:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yeah, when you actually do it in the proper way, you will be impressed. You may not like it or value it, but you won't be able to help but be impressed. Definitely get yourself a bubbler. SWIM's first time was with a light bulb, and he had very little effect. His second time was in a makeshift machine, and it was everything he thought it would be and more. Of course, SWIM had the added enthusiasm that ayahuasca had previously instilled in him.

69ron
#5 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:23:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys, a small percentage of people get NO EFFECTS from DMT at all. Nothing. While I doubt this is the case here, I just wanted to bring it up. The same thing is true of LSD. Not everyone is built the same.

For example, SWIM gets far stronger visual effects from 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) than from DMT. SWIM gets almost no visual effects from 5-MeO-DMT, but some people get tons of visuals from 5-MeO-DMT. He also gets full visions from harmaline, and harmine, while others get no visions at all. Everyone is different.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

extrememetal43
#6 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:29:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

that slight numbing is a low low dose effect. U probably didnt smoke it right! If it tastes like shit u burned it wrong.

magic clown
#7 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:40:37 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Hello Lowjackal and welcome. You needn't apologise for anything, not for your first impressions of DMT and certainly not for once having being a teenager. I have no desire to know where or how you came across your first DMT hit. Nor do I have anything other than a marginal interest in your motivations for doing so. I will say this though, DMT is never ever underwhelming. That is the whole point. It is far far more common for people to be overwhelmed rather than underwhelmed. If you didnt experiance much, youv'e not even had a tiny glimpse of its power and its majesty. I am going way further out on Entrophymancers limb. You didnt smoke enough and if you did you did it all wrong. Fortunatly you are in the right circle now to find out exactly where you went wrong. There is plenty of free advice to be found here. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. We will try hard to get you on your enlightened pathway.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Darkbb
#8 Posted : 12/6/2008 3:05:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You know when i chase the dragon i use matches. Using matches for some reason is way more effective than using a lighter when chasing the dragon. I've had my friends smoke dmt chasing the dragon and used a lighter. although it worked i know it didn't give them a breakthrough cause they were still talking to me. So whenever i want a breakthrough i either turn to my bubbler and do it like the machine or turn to tin foil and matches (matches seem to vape the dmt sooo much faster than a lighter does. way more effective try using matches)

lowjackal
#9 Posted : 12/6/2008 3:23:56 AM

PuddinTane

SWIM may just be under dosing himself. 56g of MHRB should be enough once extracted to get how many doses from? I'm talking breakthrough doses, because whats the point in lowballing it once youve gauged the effects it has and know its not gonna kill SWIM?

hehe! I just read darkbb's reply...... can u say chase the dragon 1 more time? please? Just kidding. But 4 real though , you've had a breakthrough experience with foil and matches?

Cuzz 0.1% of 56g is leaving SWIM rather shy on collecting enough for anything but experimental amounts. Or should SWIM go and hit the (DMT) mother with several portions of warm naptha and :
A. Reduce and freeze to precipitate?
B. Evaporate and collect the runny yellow oil
C. Do A. then B. and C.(see) where SWIM's yield is at?

I guess I'm gonna go and get SWIM some brillo and a mini bottle of booze while I wait and see whats what...
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 12/6/2008 3:44:55 AM

John Murdoch IV

Maybe you did nothing wrong. Maybe DMT just isn't for you. The effects can be very different from one person to another. And it can also take time to learn to go deeper into the hyperspatial realm. But some people just never get there. We're all different. I mean some people like to get totally wasted on boose Razz
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Nanaki
#11 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM finds 8-10mg of DMT to be effective enough for a definite experience. He has taken 30mg and been able to get 4 doses from this much with good effects.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

varun
#12 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:17:37 AM

jo_cosmic

Try leaf enhancement at a ratio of 1:1. Put it in a bong and punch it through. That should send you to hyperspace. It's a more pleasant smoke as well.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

Darkbb
#13 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:29:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah do whatever you can to get sum dmt then smoke it the way you see best. but i've had breakthrough doses using a lightbulb (a lil harder to get to a breakthrough IMO) and i've broken through on the foil only with matches though. with a lighter it just doesnt vaporize fast enough. i haven't broken through on my bubbler yet but it is very very possible using the brillo i will someday though. Happy trippin'. Smile

EDIT: Just broke through on my bubbler deffinetly is effective. Smile

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

56g of MHRB should get you about 500mg of dmt...its around 1% not 0.1%

then just load up your smoking device and smoke it until you cant
it's a sound

flyboy
#15 Posted : 12/7/2008 1:31:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If you aren't even getting to the geometric patterns you aren't smoking it right or don't have the right stuff.

endlessness
#16 Posted : 12/7/2008 2:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
You guys, a small percentage of people get NO EFFECTS from DMT at all. Nothing. While I doubt this is the case here, I just wanted to bring it up. The same thing is true of LSD. Not everyone is built the same.

For example, SWIM gets far stronger visual effects from 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) than from DMT. SWIM gets almost no visual effects from 5-MeO-DMT, but some people get tons of visuals from 5-MeO-DMT. He also gets full visions from harmaline, and harmine, while others get no visions at all. Everyone is different.

I do not believe someone gets NO effects from dmt, or lsd.. I think some people might have a natural tolerance and need higher doses, or have taken too little or degraded stuff, or might have a bit more MAOIS in the body than usual, or not held in well enough or whatever..

But I really really really doubt someone is completely and totally immune, and could load 1g of dmt sandwiched between ashes, puff strong and hold for long, and not get any effects at all. Same for licking some pure LSD crystal and not being completely off for a long time..... I have never heard of it (appart from the strange ram dass' story of the guru that took some lsd and didnt show he was under the influence, which isnt the most reliable story ever), and I also think its pharmacologically very unlikely, if not outright impossible.

but yeah some people have less effects, or dont get along well with certain substances, and so on. indeed everyone is different, but these differences have limits

Nanaki
#17 Posted : 12/7/2008 2:33:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ I can't even imagine 1 gram. In fact, the residue from a pipe, which probably was 2 mg produced audio sensations, but no visuals, and a calmness afterwards. So threshold for me is probably as little as 1-2mg.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

shoe
#18 Posted : 12/7/2008 6:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
dmt sandwiched between ashes

BTW: Swim once had a small glass tumbler with some DMT coating the bottom and sides, which had been scraped up, which was sitting about in a social situation. Somone who was clearly UTI tapped ash into the glass. Swim, while very dissapointed endevoured to pick out the largest chunks of DMT and did his best to get rid of most of the ash.

After smoking it for a while, his lungs began to hurt and during a trip an entity explained to him that he should stop smoking such low quality DMT.

Just some advice. Swim feels that it is morally wrong to smoke dmt on anything except glass, metal now. :o)
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

drainlife20
#19 Posted : 12/8/2008 1:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has only seen geometric patterns on very low doses and only as OEV's. Breaking through for SWIM is very.....liquid.
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

Nanaki
#20 Posted : 12/8/2008 2:41:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, SWIM is not sure if his breakthrough is liquid. SWIM broke through "barely" he believes cause it was static-like glimpses here and there of rooms in a building, and some randomness. Nothing real solid, and definitely no "rocket ship propelled" feeling.

A FOAF says he saw this geometric concentric pattern dancing the tootsie roll right in front of his face and he couldn't stop laughing. The pattern was also creeping over him like it was examining him and he could feel it. Still, not sure if this is a breakthrough experience or not.

SWIM's experience was certainly breakthrough though it wasn't really intense, just there.

123NEXT