We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why am I here? Options

XoDys
#1 Posted : 12/27/2011 10:10:03 PM

Seeker of The Secrets

Why did I join these forums? The answer to that can be found at the top of this page.

However, I would like to explain my intentions more explicitly.
I have always been fascinated by the unexplainable. At a very early age I began to question
my own existence. I was brought up as a Christian but it never made much sense to me.
It seemed as though everyone else around me was content with all the questions floating around but
as many of them ignored these questions I tried to answer them.

I quickly became confused and disoriented. At the age of six I began to talk with an imagined Grim Reaper
who would come to me and spill the secrets of the Universe. It told me that everything around me was a lie, that
God himself was using me as an experiment and had created this inescapable illusion around me to which I
previously knew as the Cosmos. I grew paranoid of my friends thinking they were in fact machines built to watch over me
and report any unusual actions. I eventually learned to ignore these thoughts and returned to being a 'normal' human
being.Of course, I never mentioned this to anyone until later in life when I was surrounded by caring friends who would understand
for fear of being labeled as insane.

I began to grow interested in psychedelics at an early age as well. It might had been earlier if was able to get my hands on
some but it wasn't until my 8th grade year that I had ingested the seeds of Morning Glory. I obtained the seeds off a plant that grew in my mothers garden. The taste of those dreaded things still linger on my tongue. Very quickly I felt sick to my stomach. It felt slightly worse than a very bad
stomach flu. The pain was overwhelming and combined with the taste of the seeds within 3 hours I regurgitated the material
left in my stomach. The place my mind wandered during this time felt like a dream. The colors I saw were very vivid even in the darkness.
Although the most significant affects faded quickly after vomiting I had felt very relaxed afterwards and drifted off to sleep and had the most intense dreams.

Following this experience I grew fascinated with dreams and my ability to learn from them. This was the beginnings of my travels through altered consciousness. I was introduced to many tools such as 'shrooms, salvia, meditation,etc. to help me though my wanderings. I have read some material on dmt and thought of it as another potential tool. So this is why I am here, to learn more about this powerful substance and perhaps learn to extract and use it myself.

PS. sorry for the long intro but I had to give some background info to convey my current attitude for who we are is what we were.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 12/27/2011 10:25:39 PM

Welcome XoDys,

Don't be sorry about the long intro, we appreciate it, it helps us get familiar with you, which is the whole point of the introduction essay, so thanks!
I remember when I was a kid I also had a similar experience. For a while it felt like people were all playing a game on me or something, and I was in some kind of simulation. I'm sure Jim Carrey's Truman Show didn't help! (I practically idolized that guy as a child...haha)

You have come to the right place for knowledge and discussion in regards to the entheogens that you are curious about.

Check out the visual DMT diagram, the FAQ, and the Wiki for loads of information! If you have any questions, also, do not hesitate to ask. We are here to help.

Lovely having you here, looking forward to discussing more with you in the future. Peace!

VisualAnemia
#3 Posted : 12/27/2011 10:50:01 PM

Chalgren

I think alot of people share your background but instead of encouraging it with curiousity they suppress it with material goods and any fleeting joy they may harbor. However interest in drugs as soon as 13-14 years of age seems quite extreme, IMO. Be careful and I would suggest that you develop your interests more in the area of knowledge before even thinking of using a substance.

What if you would had chosen to try out Syrian Rue with little to no knowledge of their effects (more than that they may produce psychotropic effects) instead of the MG's? Learn from others mistakes, all that Smile

Best of luck on your (re Pleased)search Smile
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

۩
#4 Posted : 12/27/2011 10:51:31 PM

^I started @ 13. Cool

*cough* some cultures feed aya + peyote to their kids, even their dogs...
The bwiti initiate their sons with Iboga, too.

Western = Warped

Some people feel the call @ an early age...and IMHO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to that call.
In my world, there was never anyone to take me under their wing and guide me, so I guided myself, and here I am. Twisted Evil

XoDys
#5 Posted : 12/27/2011 11:31:54 PM

Seeker of The Secrets

Many might feel like the age I started my ventures into psychedelics was a bit early, but thanks to Erowid and other reliable sites of information, I knew what I was getting myself into.

I had told myself to research as much as I could about a drug before trying it. This is why I am here! This is also why I have yet to use a RC. I realize that people have to try them before we can truly understand their full potential but I am not about to risk my physical self for the sake of my mental self.

Thank you Chuck for the consideration of my safety but I assure you that I am responsible when I comes to my body.

Also thank you both for the welcome and good wishes.

VisualAnemia
#6 Posted : 12/28/2011 12:22:52 AM

Chalgren

۩ wrote:
^I started @ 13. Cool

*cough* some cultures feed aya + peyote to their kids, even their dogs...
The bwiti initiate their sons with Iboga, too.

Western = Warped

Some people feel the call @ an early age...and IMHO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to that call.
In my world, there was never anyone to take me under their wing and guide me, so I guided myself, and here I am. Twisted Evil

Well fair enough then, guess it's just me living in nazi land whom has a hard time understanding how wonderfully blissed some people can be! Very happy Growing up in a society with important values such as one's health and family would be nice, guess I'm a tad jealousVery happy

XoDys wrote:

Thank you Chuck for the consideration of my safety but I assure you that I am responsible when I comes to my body.

Also thank you both for the welcome and good wishes.

No problem my childe ^^ Keep us posted!
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

SpartanII
#7 Posted : 12/28/2011 1:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, XoDys!Very happy I'm also from the Midwest- Minnesota.

Just curious, how did you overcome the christian conditioning enough to start exploring psychedelics and dreaming? (you know you're going to hell now right?)Wink Laughing I was also raised Christian but I guess my curiosity was more powerful than my fear.

۩ wrote:

Western = Warped

Agreed. I find it funny how some people (not in this thread necessarily) are so shocked and offended when you bring up the idea of giving psychedelics to kids. I wish I would have started exploring psychs at an earlier age- I could have potentially saved myself a lot of unnecessary suffering through my teenage years.

XoDys
#8 Posted : 12/28/2011 5:06:28 AM

Seeker of The Secrets

Well my beliefs radically began to change after I was about 11 years old. Before then I was a devout Christian and would even go as far as to read the Bible during lunch. I was labeled as the "Jesus Freak". I never claimed to know everything but was sure that was what was right.

That all changed, however, after an atheist friend of mine and I had a discussion about the subject. He asked me "Why do you believe in Jesus?" and I said "Well I suppose because my parents do". So he replied with another question,"Why do your parents believe in Jesus?" and I said "Well because their parents did of course". I then asked him "Why don't you believe in Jesus?" and he quickly replied "Because my parents do of course!".

After a good laugh, the questions started pouring into my head. You know the ones. Why am I here. If God is perfect and he made us, why are we blighted with sin? Because we ate from the tree that God himself created? And if God does exist who made God?
Of course every Christian believes there is an answer to these questions but suddenly I felt cheated. I felt like this whole time I had been lied to and suddenly proclaimed my faith in God right there.

The next day I felt refreshed, as if before I had 20 layers of clothes on and now I was in shorts and a T. From then on I started looking at the world as though I was agnostic. I began to think about the kind of subjects I had previously pondered in my early childhood. Except this time I wasn't confined by the monotheistic beliefs. Instead a whole new world awaited me. This is also when I began to consider psychedelics as a means of opening my mind.

To those who think I was converted by peer pressure, think again. I had many arguments and discussions with this friend before and I don't think it was what he said that made me start to think differently. It just kind of happened. As if a brick had been chucked at my face.

To this day I am still unsure of what I believe. How could I? I'm still reading the pages of life. However, I have come a long way and my perception of the world has changed dramatically and it changes more every passing day.

O and btw Spartan I'm a Hoosier. Thanks for the warm welcome!

SpartanII
#9 Posted : 12/29/2011 2:18:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your story sounds similar to mine.Smile I commend you for the courage to think for yourself and challenge your beliefs at such a young age.

You might want to check out this recent thread I started:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=28326