We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-meo-dmt extraction: Solvents amd sources Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 12/5/2008 2:12:59 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi all,

SWIM's FOAF had been after 5-meo-dmt in the past but he never had any success getting it from Diplopterys cabrerana. Diplopterys had always appealed to him because one can theoretically get 2-in-1, i.e. both dmt and 5-meo. But this may be problematic, since their separation is not straightforward.

Thinking back on his failed 5-meo extractions experiments, he is thinking that the problem might hot have been the source (Diplopterys reportedly varies in alkaloid content and it may have up to 0% 5-meo) but his extraction approach, most notable solvent choice. Given that he never overdid it with pH (never more than 12), the solvent is the next thing that requires troubleshooting.

So, which can be considered as fair solvents for 5-meo extraction? DCM is definitely a good one, but not readily available to everyone. Xylene may also not be readily available, but on the other hand, ihow good is it at pulling 5-meo?

Naphtha is the most available solvent around the world, but again how good it is when used for 5-meo?

Possibly different sources can be used that contain almost exclusively 5-meo. Virola resin is also notorious for ranging from insanely bad quality to fair quality. SWIM's FOAF remembers Anadenanthera (columbina? peregrina?) seed pods to reportedly contain 5-meo. Is that true?

Any input would be highly appreciated

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/5/2008 6:05:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM extracted some from virola snuff using A/B and naphtha. The result at first seemed like an oily dark red goo, but after evapping for over a week, it hardened up to some light orangish substance, similar to dmt, and also with a particular smell, not the same but reminding a bit spice. SWIM dissolved it in alcohol and soaked some herbs with, but didnt smoke yet so cant say. Whenever it is tried, I will post here telling about SWIM's experience

the best info on solvents and solubility SWIM found is in 69ron's post at the drugs forum

lorax
#3 Posted : 1/16/2009 3:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

use it sublingually! 5-MeO smoked isnt that nice..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Mill
#4 Posted : 2/18/2009 12:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone had success with sublingual administration of either 5-meo or n,n dimethyl? I'm under the impression that dosing in such a way would have limited effect and/or be somewhat harsh on the ole mucus membrane.

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/18/2009 1:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only way SWIM likes 5-MeO-DMT is either orally or sublingually. It's very potent sublingually, with 5-10 mg being pretty strong.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

burnt
#6 Posted : 2/18/2009 4:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Any idea on the amount of 5-meo-dmt in virola peruviana bark (bark not resin)? There is only one source cited in Otts pharmacotheon that sais it is present but not details on amounts. The paper is from the 70's and hard to find.