We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678
ehum.....DMT and the Pineal. Options

Alev-Kev
#141 Posted : 2/26/2018 2:47:42 PM

Just a consciousness walking around in a meatsak

Long overdue to post HERE: Serotonin is now confirmed to be produced almost entirely in the gut and then transported via CSF to the brain, where it is also sent to the Pineal gland to be methylated into MELATONIN in response to Light. The same chemical operation on MELATONIN produces DMT. The pineal gland also produces it's own MAO, Pinoline. So, in speculative science we can see that not only is it possible, but it is probable that DMT is produced in the pineal and other human tissues. The lungs have the enzyme that triggers conversion, as well, as a recent study confirmed. I'm of the mind that as the "science" is able to explain HOW it happens, now, the ANCIENTS have known and practiced in such a way that shows they KNEW more than we do. We are CONFIRMING knowledge that other cultures have and practice without "western" understanding of it. IMHO....

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Lumina
#142 Posted : 2/26/2018 2:58:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alev-Kev wrote:
as a recent study confirmed

Can you please provide proof of scientific data, reasearch papers or studies for that which you assert? Sure it sounds very good in theory, but until now we know most of these theories are only speculations.

downwardsfromzero
#143 Posted : 2/26/2018 5:40:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Alev-Kev wrote:
Long overdue to post HERE: Serotonin is now confirmed to be produced almost entirely in the gut and then transported via CSF to the brain, where it is also sent to the Pineal gland to be methylated into MELATONIN in response to Light. The same chemical operation on MELATONIN produces DMT.

Not so. Conversion of melatonin to N,N-DMT will not occur. Removal of the phenolic oxygen is simply too difficult. Melatonin does get deacetylated after which it can be methylated by INMT to produce 5-MeODMT. INMT will also produce N,N-DMT if tryptamine is available as its substrate. But the enzyme that produces 5-methoxytryptamine from serotonin, 5-HIOMT, is different.

Quote:
The pineal gland also produces it's own MAO, Pinoline. So, in speculative science we can see that not only is it possible, but it is probable that DMT is produced in the pineal and other human tissues. The lungs have the enzyme that triggers conversion, as well, as a recent study confirmed.[...]

It is a certainty that DMT is produced in some human tissues. Under normal circumstances the equilibrium quantity is tiny, thus any contribution made by the pineal is going to be the equivalent of "a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot" given that the pineal itself is pretty tiny.

There are plenty of good arguments to support the lungs as being the main organ in the human body capable of producing DMT in physiologically significant quantities. The DMT-pineal hypothesis is effectively dead and buried. The 5-MeODMT-pineal hypothesis is another matter, however.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#144 Posted : 2/26/2018 6:45:46 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Alev-Kev wrote:
Long overdue to post HERE: Serotonin is now confirmed to be produced almost entirely in the gut and then transported via CSF to the brain, where it is also sent to the Pineal gland to be methylated into MELATONIN in response to Light. The same chemical operation on MELATONIN produces DMT.

Not so. Conversion of melatonin to N,N-DMT will not occur. Removal of the phenolic oxygen is simply too difficult. Melatonin does get deacetylated after which it can be methylated by INMT to produce 5-MeODMT. INMT will also produce N,N-DMT if tryptamine is available as its substrate. But the enzyme that produces 5-methoxytryptamine from serotonin, 5-HIOMT, is different.

This is correct, Melatonin > DMT is not a valid pathway. Serotonin > Bufotenine is valid pathway and Serotonin > N-acetylserotonin > Melatonin > Mexamine > 5-MeO-DMT is a valid pathway.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Alev-Kev wrote:
The pineal gland also produces it's own MAO, Pinoline. So, in speculative science we can see that not only is it possible, but it is probable that DMT is produced in the pineal and other human tissues. The lungs have the enzyme that triggers conversion, as well, as a recent study confirmed.[...]

It is a certainty that DMT is produced in some human tissues. Under normal circumstances the equilibrium quantity is tiny, thus any contribution made by the pineal is going to be the equivalent of "a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot" given that the pineal itself is pretty tiny.

There are plenty of good arguments to support the lungs as being the main organ in the human body capable of producing DMT in physiologically significant quantities. The DMT-pineal hypothesis is effectively dead and buried. The 5-MeODMT-pineal hypothesis is another matter, however.

Dr. Nichols gave a presentation at the most recent Breaking Convention conference wherein he elucidated very clearly why DMT will never reach psychoactive levels in human metabolism. However, I'd say his evidence just makes a stronger case for 5-MeO-DMT as the molecule of interest in endogenous altered states.

dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
fig1.png (156kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

downwardsfromzero
#145 Posted : 2/26/2018 10:08:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks, dreamer, for posting what I thought I was going to have to post!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

benzyme
#146 Posted : 2/27/2018 3:44:24 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

thank you for reaffirming what I've said for years: there is no removing anything from the 5-position, even in the pineal.
I figured pinoline was the suspect, as a logical metabolite of melatonin. refer to KREBS for the pathway
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Alev-Kev
#147 Posted : 2/27/2018 2:41:49 PM

This is a clip from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkUUMBC1G-E

If MeOwwwww is a good time to state that whether its N,N or MeO, its STILL Dmt. MeOwww, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I think its cool to put "science" on it ear, a bit. We MeOwww know that we have endogenous DMT, with absolute certainty, and the most-likely culprit is MeO and the lessers of the same i.e. psilocybin, psilocin, N,N etc.... while maybe not endogenous, but, indeed, have a beneficial PURPOSE to human development. Sorry to be half-sciency and excited about these things. For me, its just the feeling of 'Its MeOwww or Never" and in all my dips into Hyperspace I've yet to have "THE" experience that some refer to as the ONE they searched for. Don't get me wrong, MeOwww, I've had transformative experiences, that have helped to change my life. So, MeOwww, I'll have to seek the MeO and journey into Its realms, as well. Twisted Evil don't judge me, lolBig grin Big grin

downwardsfromzero
#148 Posted : 2/27/2018 2:51:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Your onomastic sloppiness is not appreciated. It could kill you in the lab.

Wink

Alev-Kev
#149 Posted : 2/27/2018 2:55:55 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Wink

What in all the realms does THAT mean? Proper Names? I'm not IN the lab. FFS stop being overly serious for no reason. Jeez.

downwardsfromzero
#150 Posted : 2/27/2018 4:26:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Alev-Kev wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Wink

What in all the realms does THAT mean? Proper Names? I'm not IN the lab. FFS stop being overly serious for no reason. Jeez.

Another classic fail for humour on the internet.

Quote:
whether its N,N or MeO, its STILL Dmt.

All I'm really saying is that equating 5-MeO-DMT with N,N-DMT is like, well, saying any other two similar but different compounds are the same. Like NaCl and HCl for example. Thus such confusion could be dangerous. And smoking a dose of 5-MeO weighed out as though it were N,N-DMT could also be dangerous. Granted, we're talking about endogenous compounds and their occurrence (if not formation) in the pineal gland but I still feel it warrants the distinction.

Anyhow, would you care to elaborate on this bit?
Quote:
the most-likely culprit is MeO and the lessers of the same i.e. psilocybin, psilocin, N,N etc.... while maybe not endogenous, but, indeed, have a beneficial PURPOSE to human development.

It is interesting that we've got a range DMT derivatives to explore. Wherein lieth the key that you seek?

Have a Great Dao!

downwardsfromzero
#151 Posted : 1/31/2023 10:15:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's the paper that relates to Nichols' presentation, in a thread of its very own:
N,N-dimethyltryptamine and the pineal gland: Separating fact from myth

«PREV678