We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
ehum.....DMT and the Pineal. Options

The Neural
#81 Posted : 5/30/2013 7:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed wholeheartedly. I also think a lot of us did contemplate on the idea, but that's as far as it can go on contemplation. As far as investigating it, that requires meticulous approaches and really well devised strategies to tackle such a question. The people who are on both extreme ends should certainly revise their position. Fingers crossed for any upcoming study.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Apoc
#82 Posted : 5/31/2013 3:39:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Neural wrote:
Apoc wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
Apoc wrote:
nen888 wrote:
..that DMT (and NMT) can be directly synthesized inside the pineal.. (not previously demonstrated)

lol. That's awesome. All the people who thought that was just a crazy theory will feel silly now.

I think you were misinterpreting things.

Many people stated that there was no evidence that DMT is produced in the pineal gland, and until that is proven/disproven people should not state it as a fact that it does or does not produce DMT.

The Traveler

lol. No I know all the stuff you said. I just though it was funny that there is any evidence at all because it seemed to me like a lot of people dismiss the idea that pineal has anything to do with dmt. lol. Now we're debating how much people should infer or whatever. I just hope it's discovered the pineal makes dmt. That would be funny to me.

"a lot of people dismiss the idea that pineal has anything to do with dmt."
and
"a lot of people dismiss statements that the pineal does make dmt."

are two different things. I find it weird that you think there are people here who said that "the pineal has nothing to do with DMT". Never ran across any post of the like.

lol. i don't know bro, maybe people directly said "pineal has anything to do with dmt". i don't have it in quotes anywhere, but that was my impression. who cares anyway? maybe some did, maybe not, i don't know. again, i just find this topic unusual because of all the nitpicking. so i just hope they find that the pineal gland makes dmt. so we get a clear cut answer.

olympus mon
#83 Posted : 5/31/2013 4:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Apoc wrote:
The Neural wrote:
Apoc wrote:
The Traveler wrote:
Apoc wrote:
nen888 wrote:
..that DMT (and NMT) can be directly synthesized inside the pineal.. (not previously demonstrated)

lol. That's awesome. All the people who thought that was just a crazy theory will feel silly now.

I think you were misinterpreting things.

Many people stated that there was no evidence that DMT is produced in the pineal gland, and until that is proven/disproven people should not state it as a fact that it does or does not produce DMT.

The Traveler

lol. No I know all the stuff you said. I just though it was funny that there is any evidence at all because it seemed to me like a lot of people dismiss the idea that pineal has anything to do with dmt. lol. Now we're debating how much people should infer or whatever. I just hope it's discovered the pineal makes dmt. That would be funny to me.

"a lot of people dismiss the idea that pineal has anything to do with dmt."
and
"a lot of people dismiss statements that the pineal does make dmt."

are two different things. I find it weird that you think there are people here who said that "the pineal has nothing to do with DMT". Never ran across any post of the like.

lol. i don't know bro, maybe people directly said "pineal has anything to do with dmt". i don't have it in quotes anywhere, but that was my impression. who cares anyway? maybe some did, maybe not, i don't know. again, i just find this topic unusual because of all the nitpicking. so i just hope they find that the pineal gland makes dmt. so we get a clear cut answer.

I just wanted to chime in to set the nexus record of quote box's.Big grin But I'll jjst repeat what Im sure has been said in this now 5 page thread. It wasn't speculation as much as a hypothesis that the Pineal gland produced DMT. Dr. Stassman wasn't able to confirm this but he also didn't confirm it doesn't...hence the jury is still out. Science wasn't able to find the Higg's boson for many years but eventually more or less have. So it may, it may not we just don't yet know.
The end.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jamie
#84 Posted : 5/31/2013 5:06:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I find it weird that you think there are people here who said that "the pineal has nothing to do with DMT". Never ran across any post of the like. "

I have..TONS of them..usually only from the same people though who refute it over and over everytime someone mentions pineal DMT.
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#85 Posted : 5/31/2013 5:46:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I've said it a few times. As Olympus Mon pointed out, it's been largely an unsubstantiated
hypothesis to this point. Based on typtophan metabolism, the various pathways and locations of the respective enzymes, I was inclined to maintain a skeptical viewpoint.

I'll stand corrected when the data supports the hypothesis.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

a1pha
#86 Posted : 5/31/2013 6:57:01 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

olympus mon wrote:
The end.

Or, the beginning.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Jin
#87 Posted : 5/31/2013 10:10:50 AM

yes

yesssssssss
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Parshvik Chintan
#88 Posted : 5/31/2013 10:52:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
olympus mon wrote:
The end.

Or, the beginning.

the begending.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

joedirt
#89 Posted : 5/31/2013 11:54:10 AM

Not I

a1pha wrote:
Apoc wrote:
I just though it was funny that there is any evidence at all because it seemed to me like a lot of people dismiss the idea that pineal has anything to do with dmt.

People dismissed it because there was no evidence... yet some new age types acted like it was scientific fact. IMO,

People dismissed it because they didn't like the "woo woo" people who were linking it to a spiritual third eye.
These same people aren't stammering on about how it's absurd to be talking about multiverses and string theory when in fact there is no evidence...ok string theory is starting to gain some traction, but the multiverse theory is just that...and I've seen freaking TV shows about that.

It's ok to take a position. It's not ok to cling to a position until there is hard evidence...and even then hard evidence is often times trumpeted by later Harder evidence.

Good science implies remaining open and allowing the data tell the story.
Doesn't mean you can't make accurate predictions without hard data though.

A lot of things move forward LONG before there are hard data points and a linear correlation line....

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Infundibulum
#90 Posted : 5/31/2013 12:42:33 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

joedirt wrote:
People dismissed it because they didn't like the "woo woo" people who were linking it to a spiritual third eye.

Maybe the "woo woo" people could have been more prudent not shoving the dmt/pineal everywhere they could?Very happy

You gotta admit, the woowoos have gone to insanely great lengths with the dmt/pineal theory. In an way it is good if there is a grounding voice just to cut down wild speculations a bit.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

cyb
#91 Posted : 5/31/2013 12:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Infundibulum wrote:
In an way it is good if there is a grounding voice just to cut down wild speculations a bit.

You mean just to Poo Poo the Woo Woos ? Very happy
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

ZenSpice
#92 Posted : 5/31/2013 1:04:39 PM

Mostly Ignored

The Traveler
#93 Posted : 5/31/2013 1:29:37 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ZenSpice wrote:
Ancients of WOO WOO... Big grin

(yes I know it's really mu mu lol)

Razz

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ZenSpice
#94 Posted : 5/31/2013 1:48:48 PM

Mostly Ignored

If you are into the KLF then check this (not a lot of people I know even know of it's existence) Am I Paranoid - By the KLF

I am sure some on here will appreciate it (though it is about 8-10 years old now)

Cheers for the video Trav.. HIGHLY reminiscent (Damn I'm getting old lol)

Apologies if this is derailing, I shall leave it at this >_<

joedirt
#95 Posted : 5/31/2013 1:49:07 PM

Not I

Infundibulum wrote:
joedirt wrote:

Maybe the "woo woo" people could have been more prudent not shoving the dmt/pineal everywhere they could?Very happy

You gotta admit, the woowoos have gone to insanely great lengths with the dmt/pineal theory. In an way it is good if there is a grounding voice just to cut down wild speculations a bit.

I agree that alll people who took a hard stance where foolish.

BTW I do think there were some rational voices urging caution, but there were also completely dismissive attitudes towards those believing Ricks theory. BTW Rick Strasman is an MD and people are aleays going to add weight to an MD's speculation because they are usually highly educated guesses...
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

benzyme
#96 Posted : 5/31/2013 4:59:34 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

he's a psychiatrist with a medical degree...titles may mean something to laypersons, but not
people with some general understanding on the subject.
I wouldn't consult a civil engineer to help me build a bioreactor.

I'm not discrediting his work either, he's made great strides to study this molecule, but I'd put more weight on his theory if his expertise was enzymology. Nevertheless, he's probably networked with enzymologists who'd be doing the actual work, and he'd present their findings. As an MD, he's the political interface to the DEA, granted permission to work with a C-I substance.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

joedirt
#97 Posted : 5/31/2013 6:56:27 PM

Not I

benzyme wrote:
he's a psychiatrist with a medical degree...titles may mean something to laypersons, but not
people with some general understanding on the subject.
I wouldn't consult a civil engineer to help me build a bioreactor.

I'm not discrediting his work either, he's made great strides to study this molecule, but I'd put more weight on his theory if his expertise was enzymology. Nevertheless, he's probably networked with enzymologists who'd be doing the actual work, and he'd present their findings. As an MD, he's the political interface to the DEA, granted permission to work with a C-I substance.

Say what you will but he:

1. got approval
2. did a study
3. came up with a solid hypothesis (Though often criticized for being crap)
4. Now "Looks" set to in fact be correct.

Also you don't give MD's enough credit. Any solid MD or PHD can easily cross closely related fields and find the appropriate information. Remember he would have studied enzymology in med school...and that alone gives him enough background information to use it to form hypothesis and that along with what ever other research he did....

Besides that you don't have to be an "expert" to learn about other fields. If there is one thing the Nexus has amazed me with, is the sheer amount of chemical knowledge here by a lot of non chemists. Impressive to me to say the least. Enquiring minds will figure it out...especially in the age we live in with such easy access to info.

Anyway I'm not gonna argue for Ricks credibility here. I think it pretty well speaks for itself.

benzyme
#98 Posted : 5/31/2013 7:55:56 PM

analytical chemist

if it was such a solid hypothesis, there wouldn't be so much scrutiny.
obviously, the data (or lack thereof) will speak louder than titles and speculation.

Doodazzle
#99 Posted : 5/31/2013 9:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Titles mean little to this layperson. My favorite movie is 'F is for fake'...sums ups my position on "experts" quite well.

I never trumpeted Rick's theory as fact...but now we have the possible enzymatic pathway, plus the rat brains and the anecdotal reports of people like myself-- that buzzing noise that seems to come from the center of the head, that happens to some of us during NDE/sleep paralysis and such-like...I've heard the same buzzing during dmt blast-offs. Those three together might not satisfy science, but it's enough for me to predict that yeah, dmt, pineal, big connection. Science will eventually confirm that strassman was at least close to truth, if not spot on.

I still would not present it as fact.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Bancopuma
#100 Posted : 6/2/2013 11:50:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An email from Dr Rick Strassman:

It's pineal dialysate that was measured. Positive for DMT.

Dark retreats build on a lot of speculation, but I don't think anyone's done
any real research on what happens.

Human studies aren't so easy, and since pinoline's never been given to
humans in controlled trials, would be even more onerous. But I agree it's an
interesting compound and deserves further study.

Best,

Rick Strassman

«PREV34567NEXT»