We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Symbolic Egyptian Solstice Experience Options

Global
#1 Posted : 12/22/2011 1:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I decided to smoke DMT on this year's winter solstice. To be specific I smoked 20mg harmine followed quickly by 12mg DMT. By the time I even loaded up the DMT, I had completely forgotten it was the solstice or any sort of special occasion. I found myself in a beautifully intricate Egyptian temple. I've had a number of Egyptian themed visions, but this one had a somewhat unique flavor. There was lots of gold and turquoise. Pretty much the only detail that I can remember that I can actually put to words was this gigantic bird that was mechanically kicking its legs back and forth. It was very tall, but pretty narrow with extremely long twiggy legs, and was easily making itself the center of attention. I eventually opened my eyes causing a matrix of these birds to flood the room.

Later on chat, I was wondering aloud if perhaps the solstice had anything to do with my visions. After all, the Egyptians were heavily concerned with astrology and the winter solstice seems like quite the important astrological event. If only I were keeping the solstice more in mind during my actual experience, I thought, perhaps I could have found some clues. In any event, I was shot down in chat being told that I bring to the experience what's in my head and so on.

I became slightly discourage, but it gave me the motivation to see if I could find this wacky bird relating to the Egyptian's view of the solstice. So the first thing I tried googling was "Egyptian solstice symbols". It didn't bring much help. I recalled that Horace has a bird form, but the birds looked nothing like each other. Whenever I remember seeing Horace as a bird, he's ever so slightly plump with short legs whereas the bird I saw had really long, twig legs with a narrow body. I decided to change my search to "Egyptian bird symbols". Sure enough, a handful of results pop up right off the bat that look to match rather perfectly the description of the bird I saw. It is apparently called the "Benu Bird". I checked about five sites, and they all say similar things. Here are some details about the bird that seem to be repeated in description after description:

-It's linked to the Phoenix (may have been its predecessor)
-It's a "bird of the sun" and undergoes death to symbolize rebirth
-Deity associated with division of time
-It's a heron
-Identified with Temple of the Sun at Heliopolis (revered by the Egyptians as sacred place from which the sun god in the form of the Benu Bird arose cyclically to renew Egypt)
-Symbol of Osiris
-Described as a large bird

I feel that the fact that it is a "bird of the sun", associated with the division of time and symbolizes the death-rebirth motif are all themes that scream winter solstice. Furthermore, it's both described as a large bird (which was the only verbal description I could tack on it for a while) and it is clearly to me, the representation of what I was seeing. Do I think this is significant? Yes. I smoked DMT on the solstice (forgetting it was the solstice during the experience), encountered (and later identified) an Egyptian symbol with which I was completely unfamiliar that turns out to symbolize themes that go hand in hand with the winter solstice of which I was completely unaware. I don't believe it was chance, or all in my head.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 12/22/2011 11:20:05 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Interesting you shared this, i have not been doing any sort of substance lately, except some cannabis ofcourse, and my most recent mandala that i am working on is all based around Egyptian symbols.

Not much of it is painted but i will soon put a picture up, and currently my three main colors are Gold. Smile
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 12/22/2011 11:31:45 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Your post has really intrigued me to put up some pic so here they are. Smile

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Sky Motion
#4 Posted : 12/22/2011 11:49:56 PM

<3

VERY interesting post Global. Love reading your stuff.

IMO one of these things could have happened here,

1.) You had already known about the solstice, and what things are related to it unconsciously. (Possibly already read about the bird and other Egyptian things you may have seen) and then the DMT brought it up from your sub, even if you don't remember any details of it, it could still be stored in the mind somewhere.

2.) DMT is a curious thing and ancient cultures were not fascinated with such things as solstices and other astronomy/astrology for no reason, it actually may be linked with your experience! no one here can rule that out and if they think they can then they are simply not keeping an open mind to the situation.

3.) It was random and just another one of your Egyptian themed visions, and just happened to line up with such event!

Very curious read though. And I hope you find out for yourself why this may have occurred. I have yet to have an Egyptian themed voyage but would love to in the future!

All the best Global and safe travels~

Global
#5 Posted : 12/23/2011 12:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Very beautiful Dr. Mantus. I would love to see it when it's completed Very happy

I hear ya Sky Motion. I hope you get some Egyptian in your visions too. It's both beautiful and sacred feeling.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

acacian
#6 Posted : 12/23/2011 10:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i don't doubt the authenticity of your experience at all. many can say that it is the conditions of ones psyche that gives an experience... but isn't it odd how many people take psychedelics and tap into ancient states which are very similar in character to the egyptian, mayans and the aztecs for example? Sometimes i think to myself - because i was so interested with egyptian culture at a very young age and then experienced many years later the stunningly similar in flavour experience to that culture through the use of psilocybin mushrooms - i have to think to myself... did this experience happen because i had a memory of a long lost interest still somewhere imprinted in my subconscious? Or was there a reality to it. As far as i know i was just celebrating my 20th birthday.. had no thought in my mind of egyptian culture at all until the visions of hieroglyphics( lots of strange language), pyramids and men with the heads of alligators and birds and jackals started making their way into my field of vision (i now know that these beast/men are refferred to as therianthropes and were a frequent encounter in ancient mythology/history probably due to visionary experiences)

why is it that many peoples subconscious takes them to these realms that share very similar flavour to the ancient cultures.. is it because we have the thoughts of these cultures imbued in our subconscious from learning about them throughout our lives? and what about those ancient cultures themselves? what about their subconscious? i feel that it is more reasonable to assume that we are accessing the same realms as the egyptians.. rather than all these experiences ( for example of pyramids being built from single molecules all the way to the top, meeting therianthropic entities that resemble that exactly of ancient egyptian gods and deities and performing absolutely amazing psychic feats that utterly amaze us when we see them) simply being stored in our psyche because we read a few books about egyptian history when we were little

i think the former to really be more realistic but hey.... consciousness.... what a mysterious thing... will probably never know. dmt seems to help provide much insight though Razz

i reckon if you worry yourself too much about whether what you experienced was "real" then the teaching will fail, as you will consume the time you should be soaking up what you learnt, instead questioning the validity and "real"ness of the experience

great post by the way.. was able to relate to how you felt about your experience afterwards too and i'm sure many hyperspace travellers go through the same.i've made myself a goal to no longer question whether what i experience was real.. but just to keep getting more and more experience

Hyperspace Fool
#7 Posted : 5/7/2013 3:03:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is an old thread, but I figure it deserves a bit of conversation. Personally, I think bumping old threads is not only called for sometimes, but essential. We should revisit things with new eyes from time to time.

Thanks for pointing this post out to me, Global.

My thoughts are that it is all too easy for people to dismiss these things. If you don't want to consider the larger implications of something, you can always find a seemingly rational explanation that will placate you until you manage to forget about the troubling evidence.

It doesn't matter what others think about your experience.

Nor does it matter whether you actually knew about the Egyptian Phoenix beforehand on some subconscious level.

The fact that this vision came to you unbidden and in such a potent way as to get you to research the issue and find confirmation is what I consider a precursor to being given even more impressive and undeniable proof. This is a kind of test for you, to see how committed you are to getting to the bottom of the mystery. Entities like to play these games, and puzzles and riddles are abounding in the tales of entity contact.

This vision is no puzzle, though. Whatever you choose to believe about this encounter, it is clear that it was imbued with meaning and symbolic relevance. I find that the intelligences you are encountering tend to send you information in as many ways as possible and then see which ones you respond to. It is a way of seeing what languages you can understand so they can tailor future messages to you in such a way as to maximize the amount of info that gets over.

Something like that anyway. Awfully hard to put this stuff into words.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

ZenSpice
#8 Posted : 5/7/2013 5:56:37 PM

Mostly Ignored

Hey Global.. If the guy in the attached image sparks any fires in your mind, may I suggest reading up on someone by the name of "Thoth"..

He is apparently the reason hieroglyphs appeared so quickly within ancient Egyptian history/mythology (along with some MUCH more interesting info).

EDIT: Apologies I see this is an old thread.. I really like seeing these old posts, some real synchronistic vibes, especially with the "bumps" that seem to be perfectly timed (looks around for hidden cams & mics hahaha).

I know I am not the first to highlight how helpful some of these recent "bumps" have been.

Almost feels like providence Wink
ZenSpice attached the following image(s):
thoth10.gif (13kb) downloaded 175 time(s).

What a substance
#9 Posted : 6/3/2013 3:01:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Global

You may be interested to know that the Egyptian God of Wisdom (Thoth) was represented by the Ibis bird...I am sure this has the long twiggy legs you describe. Horus was a hawk if I recall righty - certainly a bird of prey.

I share Sky Motion's sentiment:
Quote:
I have yet to have an Egyptian themed voyage but would love to in the future!

Here's Thoth - the Ibis headed God of Wisdom
What a substance attached the following image(s):
ibis headed thoth.gif (124kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
Author of: DMT & My Occult Mind: Investigation of Occult Realities using the Spirit Molecule

The whole cosmos is guided, controlled and animated by an almost endless series of hierarchies of sentient beings, each having a mission to perform. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence. THE SECRET DOCTRINE

Global
#10 Posted : 6/3/2013 4:06:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I'm familiar with Thoth, some of the myths, and I've read through "his" Emerald Tablets. Some of the things written in there are quite compelling and uplifting if true. The "Halls of Amenti" vibes with a lot of the Egyptian experiences I have where often times I'll find myself in these subterranean passageways and "cellars" but I've also been in a gigantic pyramid itself, along with the temple I described in this particular Bennu experience. There is also an element or "room" or facet to the godhead that is Egyptian. These particular geometries stand out as being particularly high frequency with an amazing purity to the quality of the energy it emits.

So yes, I'm familiar with Thoth, though I am positive beyond a doubt that the entity I encountered was most definitely the Bennu bird. You have to realize, I'm not matching based on the verbal description that I've listed, but rather I was able to verify what it was that very day as if to pick it out of a line-up because it looked exactly down to the detail like the entity that I had seen earlier that day when I had seen it on google. It is quite distinctive. It also wasn't a therianthrope as Thoth is often depicted as, but rather the full bird. While the Ibis and the Heron may look similar, their mythological depictions are quite distinct, and Thoth is quite distinct from the Bennu whom overlaps more with Osiris than Thoth. I have certainly not forgotten about Thoth, and I do hope to make his acquaintance one day. There are a couple Egyptian "celebrities" I would love to have a minute and a half with.

What a substance
#11 Posted : 6/3/2013 4:15:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. I gotta admire your detail and recollections. But what is amazing is the depth of your experience here. I'll cut to the chase and be blunt (friendly but blunt) either you are so well read and researched on matters of ancient Egypt or you have some reincarnation relationship with that empire; and quite possibly both. And my mind can entertain both possibilities...I can't think of a third alternative; unless you tell me you live or have lived there.

What are you favourite two or three books on ancient Egypt?
Author of: DMT & My Occult Mind: Investigation of Occult Realities using the Spirit Molecule

The whole cosmos is guided, controlled and animated by an almost endless series of hierarchies of sentient beings, each having a mission to perform. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence. THE SECRET DOCTRINE

Global
#12 Posted : 6/3/2013 5:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It can really be so hard to find decent material on Egypt that isn't just the same ole rehashing of the Egyptologist version of things which is often quite unsatisfying and not congruent with my experiences. Right off the bat, the first book that comes to mind is "Psychedelic Anthropology" by Allan Coult (sp?). It doesn't deal exclusively with Egypt, but he added an entire interpretative layer to the whole Osiris/Isis/Seth/Horus/Ra story that is quite astounding. You can find a downloadable PDF if you do a search of the Nexus for Psychedelic Anthropology and do a little scrolling through the thread.

I would recommend the documentaries "The Pyramid Code" as well as "Revelation of the Pyramids" (available on YouTube).

The great mythologist Joseph Campbell can speak quite succinctly on the myth too.

If you haven't read Thoth's Emerald Tablets, you may wanna look that up on the internet. They jive in a handful of ways with my experiences.

I may also happen to seem well-read on this particular topic because after having numerous significant Egyptian experiences, I find it hard to not be compelled to do a little research. It all started when I found myself in a pyramid watching multidimensional pharaohs folding through each other. I wasn't even really aware that Egyptian experiences were possible, and then I watched the Pyramid Code which is a great 5-part series.

I do find it curious why I seem to have an affinity for having such experiences. My brother who used to smoke it with me regularly would always get a big (if not slightly bigger dose cause he's much bigger than me in size) and he would have amazing visions of infinity and whatnot, but never once so much as a glimpse of Egyptian geometry. No one to whom I've administered DMT has reported that to me. I can tell that they're taking sufficiently big hits efficiently, so that "they" come to me at all is a great blessing. You talk about reincarnation relationships, and I've entertained that notion, but ultimately I really have no clue. At the end of the day, it's just as baffling as it always is, just with more details than I started out with. Because I am replete with numerous Egyptian experiences, when I do my reading, it's easy to glimpse the elements that are common to my own personal experience, and so this will often reinforce the validity for me, and caste doubt on other interpretations but I'm always open and constantly changing my interpretation of the whole thing, and it's equally important to remember that when it comes to Egypt, there are often simultaneously valid and interconnecting layers of meaning to any one concept, so hard and fast answers usually won't jive well when stacked up against other evidence.

Hyperspace Fool
#13 Posted : 6/3/2013 9:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reincarnation kind of implies a linear progression in a temporal continuum... I think this is rather limited, as other times and places are connected to each other in far more bizarre ways than that. In some ways, your so-called "past lives" are happening right now, not in your past. In a lot of ways, your current concept of past and future has no bearing on other spaces at all.

But certainly you have some connection there G.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

What a substance
#14 Posted : 6/4/2013 2:46:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very fascinating stuff, Global.

I will be sure to check out "Psychedelic Anthropology" it sounds like it might be my kinda reading.

The Emerald Tablets...weren't these ascribed Hermes'. (Aren't they Hermes + Thoth possibly one and the same personage? Sorry, I am a bit rusty on all this. Don't feel obliged to answer).

Quote:
and it's equally important to remember that when it comes to Egypt, there are often simultaneously valid and interconnecting layers of meaning to any one concept

Beautifully put and on that line alone I would heartily recommend "Land of the Fallen Star Gods" by J. S. Gordon.

In addition, The View Over Atlantis (John Michell) includes a passage relating the experience of the last person granted permission to spend a night alone in the Kings Chamber of the Giza pyramid. You are probably aware of that already but if not you can also Google under Paul Brunton / pyramids etc.

Its been a real pleasure and a fascinating one at that.

Global
#15 Posted : 6/4/2013 6:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a substance wrote:

The Emerald Tablets...weren't these ascribed Hermes'. (Aren't they Hermes + Thoth possibly one and the same personage? Sorry, I am a bit rusty on all this. Don't feel obliged to answer).

Yep. Hermes is the Greek version of Thoth. The Greeks drew tremendous influence from the Egyptians.

Quote:

Quote:
and it's equally important to remember that when it comes to Egypt, there are often simultaneously valid and interconnecting layers of meaning to any one concept

Beautifully put and on that line alone I would heartily recommend "Land of the Fallen Star Gods" by J. S. Gordon.

Will do Thumbs up

Quote:

In addition, The View Over Atlantis (John Michell) includes a passage relating the experience of the last person granted permission to spend a night alone in the Kings Chamber of the Giza pyramid. You are probably aware of that already but if not you can also Google under Paul Brunton / pyramids etc.

Its been a real pleasure and a fascinating one at that.

Yes. I read that account. I was particularly drawn to it because of his descriptions of the subterranean halls he was lead through. I feel I've been there. Napoleon also had spent a night in the sarcophagus, and it's a real shame he would never give his account to anyone, not even his "top man" on his death bead in exile on Corsica.