We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
DMT Police Seizure (aka DMT BUSTS AND MEDIA COVERAGE) Options

Fable
#1 Posted : 12/4/2008 10:16:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't know where else to put this other than in announcements.
WA is Western Australia.

From http://www.news.com.au/p...8,24751092-2761,00.html

EXCLUSIVE: POLICE have made what is thought to be WA's first seizure of a new and potentially fatal hallucinogenic drug, arresting three men.

Police yesterday seized two grams of the drug, known as dimethyltryptamine or DMT, and arrested three men after raiding two properties in Denmark and Walpole, in the South of WA.

Police were called into investigate after a patient was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected overdose of the drug.

``We believe this may be the first seizure of DMT by police in WA . . . And we also believe it is the first arrest as a result of this drug,'' Denmark Sergeant Dave Dench told PerthNow this afternoon.

``This is new (to WA). It's not new to the world. . . it's been used for 300 or 400 years overseas, but it's new to WA. We have never come across this in WA before.

``Even though we've only seized 2 grams, the fact that we've locked up three men, we believe we've put quite a dint in the potential for this drug to hit Denmark in large quantities.''

DMT is extracted from the bark of certain trees and is manufactured during a `` complex cooking process''. Once ``cooked'', the yellow-coloured drug takes a crystalline or powder form. It is usually smoked, sometimes by lacing cannabis with the drug, police say.

Sgt Dench said intelligence suggested that the drug was being sold in 1 gram packages for $200.

He said chemists believed that each ``dose'' was 15 to 25 mg.

``Our concern is that if someone who hasn't taken the drug before and doesn't know anything about it and takes 1 gram, which is way over the dosage that chemists recommend is sufficient, then it may potentially have some major health effects for them.''

He said police did not have any evidence that the drug, which is believed to have originated in South America, had been manufactured in the South West or from local trees.

``There are about six or seven types of tree that this substance can be extracted from....But we don't have any direct intelligence to suggest it's been cooked locally,'' he said.

A 25-year-old Walpole man will be charged by summons with supplying a prohibited drug (DMT), possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and one count of possessing cannabis.

A 22-year-old man from Denmark will be charged by summons with one count of possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and possessing a smoking implement.

The third man, a 23-year-old from Denmark, will be charged by summons for possessing cannabis and possessing a smoking implement.

The three men will appear in Albany Magistrates Court in January.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 12/4/2008 10:25:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If this keeps happening, all the DMT plants will get banned.

Those idiots!

All it takes is a few people like that selling DMT and it will ruin everything for everyone else.

PLEASE DO NOT SELL DMT! It's already illegal enough, don't make it worse for everyone else! Selling it will only bring about trouble.

As long as the users do not sell it, it will stay around and people will look the other way. As soon as it starts popping up in the illegal drug market, that’s it, all the DMT plants will get banned.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

burnt
#3 Posted : 12/4/2008 12:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

"fatal drug" give me a break. What a bunch of cop political scare tactic bullshit. But yes as ron said people need to stop fucking around (these reports are becoming more and more common)! I would hate to see these compounds and plants restricted as not only are they interesting for personal exploration but also for scientific research which would be impinged by legal restrictions.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 12/4/2008 1:05:59 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Police were called into investigate after a patient was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected overdose of the drug.

What the fuck, some guy managed to overdose on it (or at least he though he overdosed) then he went to the hospital and also NARCed the guys who supplied him -> resulting in the flat being raided.

As far as the "potentially lethal drug" of the article's title, yup, it is to laugh at. But only bitter laughs because this this is not a good thing at all......

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Attention All Shipping
#5 Posted : 12/4/2008 1:07:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like the police, and the police reporter, don't have any idea what they're talking about ("potentially fatal", "each ``dose'' was 15 to 25 mg"Pleased as they've never seen it before, and so are going to the default position of assuming its a major health hazard. I think the police reporter could've done a bit more research anyway as she's the one who described it as potentially fatal.

They say "``Our concern is that if someone who hasn't taken the drug before and doesn't know anything about it and takes 1 gram, which is way over the dosage that chemists recommend is sufficient, then it may potentially have some major health effects for them.''" If they'd done a bit of research they'd know you'd pass out long before inhaling 1g worth.

I would be interested inknowing more about the patient who "was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected overdose" though.

Reborn
#6 Posted : 12/5/2008 6:05:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is what happens when the drug is sold on the open black market.
It gets in the hands of people that have no idea what they are doing and they do "overdose" in a since because they smoke it, "go nuts" and check themselves into the hospital thinking they have gone crazy.

Imagine some stupid kid that has never done anything but pot getting hold of strong pure DMT and smoking the shit out of it real fast not having any idea what he/she was getting into, a receipe for disaster.

If people do not sell but only give it to close friends that know what they are doing this never happens, only a asshole drug dealer would sell something like this to an unsuspecting kid just to make 10 bucks.

Give it time all decent DMT plants will be watched or illegal just because the few had to ruin it for everyone else.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

varun
#7 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:24:15 AM

jo_cosmic

It's unbelievable to see the level of propaganda the oppressers are ready to spread about a substance like DMT. I suppose it is bad for people to sell it as a 'drug' but that's because it's not a drug in the media sensationalised sense of the word.
What would they know anyway... drug is an umbrella term that covers a wide and diverse range of substances some of which should not be related to each other at all.
Crazy fucked up world!!!
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 12/5/2008 1:09:34 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

To think of it, Asperin is also a drug and I wonder hoe many people got hospitalized or even died by taking an asperin overdose.

Thing is, "Asperin overdose seizure" headlines don't sell as good as Salvia, DMT or any other entheogenic substance headlines.

Attention All Shipping
#9 Posted : 12/5/2008 1:11:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They quoted a price of $200 a gram, you'd have to be some sort of an idiot to spend that kind of money without knowing what your getting & how to use it. Though there's no shortage of idiots in the world.

To an extent I think we're all partly to blame for this sort of thing - in making the knowledge of what DMT is & how to get it much more widespread in this internet age it is inevitable that some people are going to try to sell it & it'll become more well-known by the mainstream, law enforcement, etc - just as we've made it more well known to the underground.

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 12/8/2008 5:25:00 PM

The Great Namah

*Sigh*

This is just sad.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

rawmo
#11 Posted : 1/26/2009 5:02:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
To think of it, Asperin is also a drug and I wonder hoe many people got hospitalized or even died by taking an asperin overdose.

Thing is, "Asperin overdose seizure" headlines don't sell as good as Salvia, DMT or any other entheogenic substance headlines.

Exactly,
there was a case a few years ago where an 'ecstasy' related death (from drinking too much water) made the front page of local papers with huge headlines about the dangers of E.

On page 6 or 7 of the same issue there was a 5cm x 5cm article of how 3 babies had died that month of ibuprofen (i.e. generic painkillers like aspirin) intolerance destroying their livers. And that these deaths and dangers were well known amongst the medical community..

bit of a case of double standards aye...

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 1/26/2009 4:33:59 PM

The Great Namah

Reading this just kind of sickens me.

I mean 2 grams! They were not stopping a massive distribution ring, they busted some guy who had extracted some acacia and sold a gram to his "friend".

They said they thought it was made in South America and imported...are they f'ing kidding me? Seriously? They have trees everywhere that has the stuff in it. Also, Auzzly land has some of the strictest customs in the world from what I have read. You can't get any plants through their customs, much less drugs.

Only 5-6 trees it can be extracted from, really? Maybe over in AU, but the stuff is all over the world and even in the ocean's. Ack! I hate this anti-drug propaganda. Keep the population scared of drugs, no matter what the cost. All drugs are bad, bad things that can kill you and your kids!!!

How does this get printed? It's not an editorial, but it sure reads like one.

*sigh*
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 1/26/2009 4:50:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's sad.

And I have to say things like this make me worry about the laxity shown by some on this site... since I started The Jurema Way, I've had people PMing me asking me to sell them spice etc. Why are people here asking me to sell them it? Every other thread someone says not to, so why ask? Are they narcs? It's possible.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 1/26/2009 5:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

creepy
it's a sound

970Codfert
#15 Posted : 1/26/2009 5:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No bueno. That's all I can say.Sad
As for narcs, I have essentially no doubt that this site is monitored by some sort of federal entity.
All posts are fictional.

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 1/27/2009 1:48:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps just constructive paranoia on my part. I don't have any anyway, of course. It's foaf who gets up to all that mischief on his yacht on the High Seas.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

The Traveler
#17 Posted : 1/27/2009 6:52:00 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ohayoco wrote:
It's sad.

And I have to say things like this make me worry about the laxity shown by some on this site... since I started The Jurema Way, I've had people PMing me asking me to sell them spice etc. Why are people here asking me to sell them it? Every other thread someone says not to, so why ask? Are they narcs? It's possible.

When someone asks you to sell them spice please PM me, if that turns out to be true that user WILL get suspended!

magic clown
#18 Posted : 1/27/2009 10:51:53 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

There must be more to that story than we are being told. How do you overdose on DMT if your smoking it? Even if you manage it, your still going to be back within ten minutes. Probably before the paramedics have been called let alone arrived.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 1/28/2009 1:16:23 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:

I doubt its a narc... it probably just some stupid kid.

But ya... ban them.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

ohayoco
#20 Posted : 1/28/2009 2:00:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

magic clown wrote:
There must be more to that story than we are being told. How do you overdose on DMT if your smoking it? Even if you manage it, your still going to be back within ten minutes. Probably before the paramedics have been called let alone arrived.

Probably just overdid it, got confused and panicked, so a friend called an ambulance and he/she ended up at the hospital despite having sobered up already, and the paramedics brought the police with them. You see so many stories like that on Erowid.
If their health had really been threatened, the article would surely have mentioned and exagerrated it.

123NEXT