We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hallucinogenic Properties of a Pineal Metabolite, 6-Methoxytetrahydroharman. Options

timeloop
#1 Posted : 12/4/2008 3:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Hallucinogenic Properties of a Pineal Metabolite, 6-Methoxytetrahydroharman."

6-methoxytetrahydroharman produced by the Pineal?

would this be a better source to research than tetrahydraharmine?

very little infromation is available.

any comments?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 12/4/2008 12:09:10 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi timeloop,

Where did you find that article, I cannot find it in Pubmed. Can you please give a source of it?

Could it be a pinoline derivative you are talking about?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

timeloop
#3 Posted : 12/4/2008 11:15:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sadly it seems that the research has stopped and is currently unpublished. :

this is from shulgin
Quote:

I have decided to completely eliminate the dosage, duration and qualitative comments for this compound, and all related harman analogues. The reason is painfully obvious -- virtually nothing is known about their psychopharmacology. Despite their enormous potential for someday being understood as possible intermediates in brain chemistry, they remain almost unexplored. I was working closely with Dr. C. Naranjo in the middle '60's in this area, on a study we were considering co-authoring, to be entitled, "Hallucinogenic Properties of a Pineal Metabolite, 6-Methoxytetrahydroharman." This was recorded in the Ethnopharmacologic Search for Psychoactive Drugs book of Daniel Efron, as being in Science, in press. But, the paper was never in press as it had never been submitted for publication, as it had never been written. All of this for the very simple reason that the research for it was never completed. It had just been started. Claudio had explored both 6-methoxy-tetrahydroharman and the corresponding harmalan in the 100-150 milligram area, and was finding some activity. I was running parallel studies and had gotten up to about 100 milligrams and had not found anything. We both saw this as being a rich and promising virgin field for exploring human pharmacology. It still is. Rich and promising. And still virgin.

very, very intersting I think...

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/16/2011 5:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Bumping this super old thread.

I just heard mckenna in a talk mention the brain contains 6meoTHH, that is tetra hydro harmalan. Can anyone confim this? Has anyone tested it?..is there a plant source to extract it from?
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:00:42 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I don't know if there is a human methyltransferase that would methylate pinoline at the 1-position (adjacent (clockwise) to the piperidine nitrogen), which would give 6-MeO-THH.
does this compound occur in plants?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Seraph
#6 Posted : 7/16/2011 8:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Bumping this super old thread.

I just heard mckenna in a talk mention the brain contains 6meoTHH, that is tetra hydro harmalan. Can anyone confim this? Has anyone tested it?..is there a plant source to extract it from?

You could start with a harmala molecule and then work out how to turn it in to 6-MeO-THH, maybe you could start with harmine.

Shadowman-x
#7 Posted : 7/16/2011 8:56:53 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

i'm not sure it's that easy, seraph. Just sayin'.
And I distinctly remember myd saying that harmala isomers were carcinogenic..
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

blue lunar night
#8 Posted : 7/17/2011 4:35:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm well ananda bosman seems to hold pinoline in a special regard...
he states in the 2nd link provided that it is found in syrian rue, but not b. caapi. he does not however provide references.
here are some various snippets & extracts - more to be found in the links provided :

Quote:
• Pinoline: About 212 electrons in weight, it is a tri-cyclic indole nucleus with 3 attached rings, a pyrido, 3,4-indole, known as the beta carboline base) it is: 6-Methoxy-tetra-hydro-beta-carboline 6-MeO-THBC. With C13 H12 N2 O. Induces mitosis, or cell replication, and intercalates with the DNA in a superior and significant manner.

...Pinoline beats at the all significant 8 cycles per second, the alpha range, where both brain hemi-spheres "superconnect"....

...Melatonin and Pinoline work on the DNA, inducing an 8 Hz signal to enable metosis and DNA replication. A form of body temperature superconductivity is evident in this process. DMT and 5-Me0-DMT are active on the messenger RNA...

Pinoline is also:
1. Neuro-protective against stroke, and radiation,
2. Is the body's tool against addiction,
3. As well as it stopping leukemia from spreading by 98% and reducing it by 36%.

http://www.aton432hz.info/SOMAGENICSQ.html

Quote:
PINOLINE AT SAME LEVEL AS MELATONIN IN THE EYE RETINA
The presence of two 5-methoxyindoles, 6-methoxy-1,2,3,4- tetrahydro-beta-carboline (6-MeO- THBC ) and melatonin was demonstrated in human retinae using a highly specific gas chromatographic mass spectrometric method from eyes affected with various ocular diseases. Both compounds were found to occur in similar quantities. 6-MeO- THBC is a newly- identified endogenously-occurring retinal compound possibly acting as a neuromodulator.
-Dr. M. Leino: 6-Methoxy-tetrahydro-beta-carboline and melatonin in the human retina.: Exp Eye Res: 38:3:325-30 (1984)

PINOLINE FOR PARKINSONS + ALZHEIMERS DISEASE
The progression of several neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease has recently been shown to involve free radical damage. It is therefore of great importance to find agents that will effectively protect brain tissue against oxidative damage. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the free radical scavenging properties of pinoline.
The results found in this study suggest that both melatonin and pinoline are valuable as potential free radical scavengers in brain tissue.
Both pinoline and melatonin were found to inhibit lipid peroxidation in a dose-dependent manner.
Frederiksen T; Pless G: Antioxidantive potential of melatonin and pinoline in lipid peroxidation of brain tissue: Master's thesis: 1-52, App. (1998 )

...What the above and now following studies are showing is that it is lack of Pinoline that disturbs our circadian rhythms and renders depression. It thus will turn into one of the most important neurotramitters of the future, as we have been publically stating for 7 years (since 1992)...

6-METHOXY-TETRAHYDRO-BETA-CARBOLINE (PINOLINE): EFFECTS ON PLASMA RENIN ACTIVITY AND ALDOSTERONE, TSH, LH AND BETA- ENDORPHIN LEVELS IN RATS.

(Of prime importance to these molecules, is that they boost the immune system some 2.6 fold, which is not without significance. However, do note that this was at high dose levels, in a human some 800-900mg depending on body weight, and that is some 5-7 teaspoons.)

Plasma renin activity and the plasma concentrations of aldosterone, TSH, LH and beta-endorphin were radioimmunologically determined in rats after ip administration of 15 mg/kg of 6-methoxy-tetrahydro-beta- carboline (6-MeO-THBC, pinoline), a compound found to occur normally in mammalian and avian pineal gland.
A 2.6-fold increase of plasma aldosterone concentration was found and it was preceded by increase of plasma renin activity. An increase was also found in beta-endorphin/beta-lipotrophin concentration. The effects of 6-MeO-THBC on plasma beta-endorphin/beta- lipotrophin levels may be mediated by the dopaminergic or 5- HT-neurones.
-Airaksinen MM; Sainio EL; Leppaluoto J; Kari I: A-4628. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh): 107:4:525-30 (1984)

Not only does the pineal gland produce more Melatonin and Pinoline, which instigate 8 Hz ELF waves throughout the body, but these neurohormones switch on our pituitary glands, which thus releases the life hormone Somatropin, which in turn goes to the adrenal glands and instigates cholesterol to convert to Pregnelenone, and Pregnelenone into DHEA.

For Pinoline and its related beta carbolines to have also been found in significant quantities there, is no small finding, since Pinoline instigates cell division, and actually has the ability to lose its electrical resistance, when it binds to DNA, due to its flat nature, where it shares electrons with the DNA base pairs.

Hereby, resonating with the in-vivo superconducting core of DNA, first pointed to in the March 1965, issue of Scientific American, pp-27. It is at such a moment of superconductivity, that the superior 8 Hz is instigated, and that bio photons of infra red emerge from the DNA core, having fluctuated from the vacuum. Or in other words, having been made from nothing.

We eat foods to extract the infra red they have photosynthesised or assimilated from the sun. Infra red is life to us, and at this level, the bio-photons switch on our life functions.

Hence Pinoline actually can make the superconductive elements within our body, the mono-atmonic minerals, useful to our biology, by acting as a biological door, or bio-crystal bridge, which can momentarily superconduct, and transmit that high spin state that it anticipates, into biological availability, as 8 Hz, and bio-photons of life.

Here we find Pinoline sitting right at the place where the post-modern elexier of life is produced, as it resonates to 8 Hz, the question that must be investigated, how significant and essential a role, does Pinoline play in the adrenalagenic system, in the metabolism for the living crystals of life, our hormones and neuradrenaline.

Even more astounding, is the fact that Pinoline/Harmine actually protects the brain against gamma radiation…

http://www.aton432hz.info/PINEALpower.html

Quote:
...Beginning 6 years ago, I locked myself up, in absolute darkness for 14 days. This floods the brain with Melatonin, and forces the pineal gland to produce and be active.

Once there is a threshold of Melatonin, then Pinoline results. After some 4-7 days 5-meo-DMT awakens. One can see in 3 dimensional Holon pictures, as the thoughts behind language, exactly as in the Civilisation of the Universe lapses I had earlier.

After some 10-12 days one starts to see in infra red, and ultra violet, one can actually run across the room and touch a person, by seeing their heat patterns. The Holon Images exteriorise and one is walking in a Virtual Reality, which appears to be the DNA language macro uploaded, and interactive....

...Pinoline, which the Pineal gland produces from Melatonin ... actually IS A SUPERCONDUCTOR RESONATOR.

After 20 minutes of sleep we produce it, only in the Pineal gland. After several hours, the brain cells are saturated, and the Serotonin brain cell DNA sites, are filled, better than Serotonin itself. THIS IS PARTLY DUE TO THE FACT OF THE FLAT NATURE OF PINOLINE OR HARMINE, SO THAT IT CAN SLIDE INTO THE NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE, like a hand into a glove.

Unlike Serotonin, Pinoline momentarily looses its electrical resistance (superconduction), as it resonates with the superconducting DNA core (the very life seed that transduces the infra red from the vacuum...

Vocalising the audible electron spin resonance sound made audible in this process, locks the Pinoline intercalating with the DNA, into place. Hence, superconductivity continuously = limitless energy.

Myself and some colleagues have experienced this not theoretically, but over many dozens of times, with Intergrative Enhancing benefits...

...When one manages to bring the Harmine/Pinoline into the superconducting intercalation with the DNA, MAO-I may be permanent. Once superconductivity would be externalised into full cycles of protein synthesis, requirement for the 20 amino acid drugs we are addicted to would stop...

http://www.aton432hz.info/NeoDMT.html

Felnik
#9 Posted : 7/17/2011 4:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What the ...?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208