We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
DMT informational video to put on Youtube Options

۩
#21 Posted : 12/22/2011 7:48:56 PM

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

clouds
#22 Posted : 12/22/2011 8:22:52 PM

Human

۩ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp6dKXq2KU

^Why this needs to be done.

hahaha jesus christ Laughing

universecannon
#23 Posted : 12/22/2011 8:35:22 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

"We can discuss how it is endogenous and possibly even a neurotransmitter."

this would be a good thread to look for this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=18448

"What else would you like to see added? I think it would be a good thing if we refrained from it's mystical side too much- example; entity encounters etc.
A video less than 10 minutes put on youtube with the name "N,N-DMT Information" or something like that to gain peoples' attention may help tune and educate the masses into a closer version of the truth."

i don't really see the point in not mentioning the fact that while breaking through the vast majority of people encounter what they can only describe as "entities" or "beings"

We can be vague and of course won't insinuate that anyone knows what is really going on with this stuff; but i think its good to talk about the experience a bit- since this is what people are interested in the most. If we're making a video aimed to 'educate the masses into a closer version of the truth', then that would certainly include telling them some VERY common things that people report while on dmt; especially one of the most focused on and widespread aspects: entities. We don't need to make it into a mystically slanted video full of george jetson words, but we can give them some info on the typical things people report in a positive light. Just my 2 cents. (maybe read snippets of trip reports to illustrate the characteristics? I don't know)

I also don't think we should mention MHRB, of course

good idea btw Smile

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Vodsel
#24 Posted : 12/22/2011 11:14:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

I still think it's a good idea.

And of course we'd like to see a decent Discovery Channel Special. Or no, screw that, I want a Fox special in prime time. Featuring all extraction teks. Maybe as we discuss with them minor production details, we can do something in the meantime.

Ok, now seriously. I disagree with the "That won't accomplish anything" attitude. The only way you won't accomplish anything is by doing nothing. Of course a few videos won't change the world as we know it. But informing accurately and changing some people's attitude for good, no matter how slightly, is a positive thing. Anyone here doubts it? If so, with all due respect, I would call that laziness.

To add to the topics-to-consider box (and after facepalming soundly with Rogan's groupies) debunking myths and misconceptions also sounds relevant. You know, addiction, pineal gland, toxicity and so on.

@Universecannon, I see nothing wrong necessarily with bringing up the the entities subject, but I think it's important to do it in ways that don't defeat our own purposes - as in, making people dismiss the whole content of the video because it contains assertions that go too fast. I mean, stating "entities or beings manifest themselves under the effects of DMT" is probably inadequate, while "many DMT experience reports include the manifestation of entities" sounds better.

Regarding MHRB, I think you are right.

universecannon
#25 Posted : 12/23/2011 12:57:29 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Vodsel wrote:

@Universecannon, I see nothing wrong necessarily with bringing up the the entities subject, but I think it's important to do it in ways that don't defeat our own purposes - as in, making people dismiss the whole content of the video because it contains assertions that go too fast. I mean, stating "entities or beings manifest themselves under the effects of DMT" is probably inadequate, while "many DMT experience reports include the manifestation of entities" sounds better.

Regarding MHRB, I think you are right.

yea that's basically what i meant

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

۩
#26 Posted : 12/29/2011 7:29:41 PM

Bumpin' this...

Would hate to have to take matters into my own n00b hands...

Anyone want to actually move this into a potentially tangible phase and not just an idea?

Ellis D'Empty
#27 Posted : 12/29/2011 11:58:55 PM

Snirfneblin

Well, I like the idea I'd be glad to read it on an audio and transfer to someone who could do some flash work. Someone would need to write a script, that would be where we first needed to start off, I'd imagine.

I am fairly busy, and cannot do that, but I might be able to if we got all the info needed collected into a nicely organized outline.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

SKA
#28 Posted : 1/2/2012 2:14:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have no Animation skills or programs at all. But I draw alot. This topic I started may be helpfull in creating the movie:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24280

Here I hope to gather up alot of images depicting DMT visions. I have been working on some more drawings
that depict entities & enviroments experienced in DMT visions. I will upload them soon.

Perhaps you could use some of those Drawings to make the Youtube video. You could add explanatory text
or speach-audio to it that synchronise with the images. If you have any idea of what kind of Images
would be neccecairy I'd be glad to help Drawing them. I could even paint if you like.

I could easily paste those images into the timeline of a movie in Windows Movie maker, or, better,
send these Images to someone else who is more skillfull at Movie Editting. Anyone?

Vodsel
#29 Posted : 1/2/2012 4:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

SKA wrote:
I have no Animation skills or programs at all. But I draw alot. This topic I started may be helpfull in creating the movie:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24280

Here I hope to gather up alot of images depicting DMT visions. I have been working on some more drawings that depict entities & enviroments experienced in DMT visions. I will upload them soon.

Perhaps you could use some of those Drawings to make the Youtube video.

I work in film editing, so in that aspect I would gladly work in the video when I have some spare time. And that is an awesome thread, SKA, but I don't know if it suits the basic idea of the video according to what has been discussed so far. It's not about personal, subjective DMT experiences. It's about giving factual information about what is DMT, how it's used, a general outline of the DMT experience and also debunking myths or youtube garbage information. So maybe we could use a few of the most iconic images we can find in that thread, but I was digging more the idea of an informative motion graphics clip. There are already many depictions of hyperspace experiences around, and they might not be the best way to keep laymen's ears open.

In any case, I don't intend to take the lead on this, and it's just my two cents. Mostly because, when it comes to DMT in particular, I am a greenman. I am decent at theory but still terrible at practice.

What I know is that ANY video needs the ground of a script before going further. Information content goes first. I have experience in writing and polishing scripts, but I wonder if a simple structure could be defined by more experienced nexians. Once we have that skeleton, fleshing it out is just a matter of some work. And then, deciding whether motion graphics or drawings are used, or whether recording or synthesizing voices, can be decided either by consensus or by common sense.

۩
#30 Posted : 1/3/2012 2:36:56 AM

Quote:
What I know is that ANY video needs the ground of a script before going further.

Well I think I can manage this part. I will get to work on it and bounce if off you all for feedback.

q21q21
#31 Posted : 1/3/2012 3:35:15 AM

SWIM

Sounds like a good idea. I've heard so many people be like either "I did DMT once. It was messed up, kinda like salvia but different" and other like "I was so drunk when I smoked it I don't even know what happened"
Maybe 2 out of the 30 people I've talked to who had done DMT have had anything close to a spiritually significant experience on it.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

۩
#32 Posted : 1/3/2012 3:36:29 AM

I unfortunately have met many people who have said similar things, q21q21.

jamie
#33 Posted : 1/3/2012 4:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

to be honest..a large portion of people I meet who have tried or are interested in DMT here are always also very interested in selling DMTConfused

the rest of the people are the ones I bring back to drink ayahuasca with Smile
Long live the unwoke.

VoidTraveler
#34 Posted : 1/6/2012 11:40:40 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Actually, personally I'd go with an approach that the BBC took with their small three episode serie of MDMA / Cocain / Cannabis. In them they followed several users through their evening on said drug, experiences, showed the negative side-effects and whatnot. And in between them various sharing of experiences from the users, they had animations on how said drug worked and influenced the brain.

Of course we can't do that approach. But what we CAN do is a make an animated video on how DMT works after consumption and how that influences the brain and the user. What kind of experiences the user gets from a purely scientific stance. Like: "When taking medium to large doses(30 to 50mg) of vaporized DMT, many users report a sensation of being propelled out of their body into a dream-like realm. What the user sees in this state differences from experience to experience, but many users report a large variety of dancing, folding and moving kaleidoscoping colors, patterns and some users even report encounters with entities. Like with dreaming, the experiences under the influence can be positive or negative or a combination of the two."

It still reports the entities, but makes it purely scientifical. No mystical stuff, yet purely based on the experience. People will discover the entities if they start doing more research, and leaving it out of the informational video will make the information less solid.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

TheMindBender
#35 Posted : 1/24/2012 3:18:17 AM

"Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

This is a wonderful idea. I'd love to help, but not sure if I'd have the time right now (college).

But if you could please add one thing to the video... clear up the misinformation about the theory of dmt being released while dreaming or during NDEs and alien abductions, etc that people have been spreading as fact...
“Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

۩
#36 Posted : 3/2/2012 6:30:38 PM

So I want to get back on this project by writing a script, I just have never done that before.

So far these two posts really stand out to me:

shaolin wrote:
I would focus more on blasting the myths and misinfos than making a videoWiki, so maybe gathering the most common DMT YoutTube nonsense and presenting the facts ?

I want to incorporate this into this:

vodsel wrote:
Now, the question I'd like to leave for you guys - How would you structure contents, in an series of X short clips, to cover basic and reliable facts on DMT? At first, it suggests something like this:
- What is DMT?
- Where is DMT found?
- What are the DMT effects?
- How can be DMT used?
- What is the legal situation of DMT?

What I am going to do today is read some basic information on script writing and try to compile some data into a script format so we can move forward with this. If anyone has any links or information they would like to provide please step forward. ;]

Vodsel
#37 Posted : 3/2/2012 7:03:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
So I want to get back on this project by writing a script, I just have never done that before.

So far these two posts really stand out to me:

shaolin wrote:
I would focus more on blasting the myths and misinfos than making a videoWiki, so maybe gathering the most common DMT YoutTube nonsense and presenting the facts ?

I want to incorporate this into this:

vodsel wrote:
Now, the question I'd like to leave for you guys - How would you structure contents, in an series of X short clips, to cover basic and reliable facts on DMT? At first, it suggests something like this:
- What is DMT?
- Where is DMT found?
- What are the DMT effects?
- How can be DMT used?
- What is the legal situation of DMT?

What I am going to do today is read some basic information on script writing and try to compile some data into a script format so we can move forward with this. If anyone has any links or information they would like to provide please step forward. ;]

That is great, House. I think all we need to get started is someone with your Experience Points to compile the information in the most clear and reliable way. Once we have the raw info the video should include, the following step is developing it in the most clear and interesting way, thinking in the audience we aim for.

I have been working in editing and storytelling for quite a long time. In fiction and non-fiction. We could say I am specialized in finding the optimal ways to deploy information. So if I can help you in any ways, please drop me a line. Whether it is forwarding to you texts or books on documentary scripting, or (probably more straight to the point) discussing specifically the contents you put together, also bearing in mind how the image will complement the text.

And let me be clear - I am not trying to take this out of public discussion. Not at all. I do know, though, that when it comes to developing a script, no matter the format, it's generally more productive to work in a small group, and maybe after a first draft you can show it for feedback and debugging. Otherwise, the process might take ages.

۩
#38 Posted : 3/2/2012 7:07:45 PM

Roger that.

Cannabinoids
#39 Posted : 6/24/2012 5:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lets do a dvd?

Chapters.

1) SAFETY (ALL OF IT)
2) Introduction (why were doing this)
3) The plants and there compounds (Know what it is your using)
4) Plant/Fungus Id (don't want to extract or eat the wrong stuff)
4) Shamanism
5) The Chemicals Used.
6) The Actives and How/What They Do (trip Reports)
7) HOW TO PROPERLY EXTRACT DMT (STB, A/B, Food Safe, Dry Tek ETC)
Cool HOW TO EXTRACT MESCALINE (Same)
9) (cover all the drug extractions of various drugs)
10) Dosage for each compond
11) how to take the dosage.

All I can think off at the moment not all in that order but you gets the gets.

It would be a HUGE dvd collection

You could easily do an hour on each and we should.

tele
#40 Posted : 6/24/2012 7:10:07 PM
Explorer

At least one proper youtube video would be nice. After that it's time for DVD thinking etc.
I think our job as nexians is spread proper info on the matter.

PREV123NEXT