We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro Options

vardlokkur
#1 Posted : 12/19/2011 9:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, first off I'll state that I'm a virgin to the spice, but stumbled on the forum about a week ago after being on a binge of various Mckenna lectures. I got introduced to him from The Invisible Landscape a few years ago and have always appreciated his approach towards the great "mystery" so to speak.

I've always had an interest in anything "other", though science and it's implications are of great interest to me, the way it is presented in the popular establishment seemed to be at odds with my intuition. I guess what I mean is that, people seem to think what science had not yet proven, could not be possible. Of course this is an extremely broad and general statement which is thankfully becoming less true the longer I live.

Anyway, I joined the forum to gain information, especially on "trip" reports. I've done my share of psilocybin, lsd, and had a few experiences with mdma; all of which have been some of the most powerful and conscious changing experiences I've had; so naturally the spice is appealing. Though after reading a number of reports, I'm certainly in no hurry. However I think by the time it becomes feasible for me to extract my own, I'll have at least prepared myself properly (though I doubt anyone can ever be totally prepared, from the sounds of it), but I don't think clearing up subconscious negativity and practicing meditative techniques will hurt when the experience comes to me.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something in the meantime; I've got a huge interest in cross-cultural mythologies, occult (alchemical) philosophy, and the interpretation of symbols into concept, and generally try to integrate everything I learn under a single umbrella of complimentary understanding. Besides that I like to dabble in music (resonance), and practice my own discipline of martial arts by adapting various internal and external styles.
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/19/2011 11:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, and much more Smile

Be well!

PrimalWisdom
#3 Posted : 12/19/2011 11:27:31 AM

Everything the light touches

Hi and welcome Smile

You are right in thinking that a general calming of ones mind/introspection can play a huge role in preparing for your first spice journies. I spent at least 2 months just generally thinking about my mindset, and life. By the time I was ready for my first journey I felt calm, ready & willing.

I'm also starting to gain interest in various mythologies, as well as alchemical philosophy, some recent events have lead to me see out info on things like a global consciousness, synchronicities and also the change we are told is coming. I hope we can share some ideas sometime.

Peace

PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God