We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What should I do with weak ayahuasca brew? Options

drishti
#1 Posted : 12/19/2011 7:38:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Few months ago I tried the Hawaiian red caapi + chacruna (from the so-called Terence McKenna garden) for a brew (from 350 g caapi and 120 g leaves) yet it proved to be very weak.Sad It doesn’t compare to brews I make from the black/cielo caapi + chacruna and chaliponga from Peru. So I decided to put it in the freezer and decide later what to do with it. So my options would be:

1. Raising its potency. What is the best solution for this?

2. Consuming it in low doses, on a daily basis. I’ve read that aya in low doses is recommended for mild cleansing purposes and as a mood enhancer. How would you drink it (how much & when / day)? What is your opinion on aya tolerance? I’m asking this because I’m going to celebrate the new year with aya (a potent brew is dedicated for this event + amanitas), and what if the low doses increased my tolerance, thus I wouldn’t be experiencing the full effect during the session. There was a period earlier this year when I was having aya sessions every other week for 2 nights, and after approx. 6 such sessions, its effect wasn’t as strong as in the beginning. So I decided to have a break of 3 months, and after that, the experience was wonderful again.

Your advice is highly appreciated, many-many thanks!!! Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 12/19/2011 8:19:20 AM

To raise potency, either rebrew with more chacruna, or rebrew with freebase DMT. It will bind to the tannic acids and make it orally ingestible.

I seriously doubt low dose consumption will effect your tolerance at all. If anything, you would experience a reverse tolerance.

Tona
#3 Posted : 12/19/2011 12:30:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

drishti wrote:

2. Consuming it in low doses, on a daily basis. I’ve read that aya in low doses is recommended for mild cleansing purposes and as a mood enhancer. How would you drink it (how much & when / day)? What is your opinion on aya tolerance? I’m asking this because I’m going to celebrate the new year with aya (a potent brew is dedicated for this event + amanitas), and what if the low doses increased my tolerance, thus I wouldn’t be experiencing the full effect during the session. There was a period earlier this year when I was having aya sessions every other week for 2 nights, and after approx. 6 such sessions, its effect wasn’t as strong as in the beginning. So I decided to have a break of 3 months, and after that,

Are you sure about this combination ? Is it safe to ingest MAOI + amanitas ? I couldnt find much about this. Yeah few reports, but nothing convincing. I wouldnt try nontraditional MAOI combos. Be safe

Tona
#4 Posted : 12/19/2011 12:33:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To your first question. If you define potency as ratio between alkaloids/liquid. Than you can boil off the liquid to increase potency.

drishti
#5 Posted : 12/20/2011 12:42:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your advice, House and Tona! I'll go with the first option of increasing its potency.

Hopefully things will be fine with the aya-amanita combo, I'm going to start with a low dose of shrooms (3-4 grams), and increase the dose (if needed) later on.