We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
'Live' from Iquitos - my experiences Options

BecometheOther
#21 Posted : 12/21/2011 12:12:23 AM

metamorhpasizer

Thank you for taking my comment so gracefully! I really appreciate it.

Like i said it was a great report, and your drawings of your visions were particularaly awsesome

Best of luck in the future brother!

You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Lichen
#22 Posted : 12/21/2011 1:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Incredible write up brother! When I first began learning of ayahuasca, shamanism and the dmt experience I always envisioned trekking into the amazon to take part in one of these ceremonies but over the years I have pretty much come to the same conclusion as you have; that it is an experience in itself but you cannot ignore important dietary requirements, contraindications from prescription meds and general health and wellbeing at the expense of trying to have a traditional, more "legitimate", aya experience.

The amazon is not my culture. I think it's only natural to have an inclination that says *this* is what I need, this will be different, this is what I'm looking for, this is was it'll take to push me off the fence so to speak. But imo, it doesn't matter whether you are an inhabitant of the amazon or a city dweller, psychedelic substances should be taken in the safest and most comfortable environments as possible - wherever this place is for you.

Edit: And I loved your drawings!
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

endlessness
#23 Posted : 7/1/2012 11:42:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump

Excellent report! Glad to see you posting again in the Nexus, Maja.... Would you like to tell us how you feel, looking back at the trip half a year later?

Be well! Smile

the_Architect
#24 Posted : 7/16/2021 6:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting report, I´ve just read it, doing some research on jungle reports, with an upcoming trip to Peru and Iquitos.

I share your a common background having had the most profound experiences with changa.
I´d been in the jungle and I definetely think ayahuasca does some sort of healing to your body (or bodies... like etheric bodies...). And that there´s a healing energy in natural enviroments as oppossed to taking it in the city.

It´s a pity the writer of the report has dissapeared from the nexus.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

PREV12