We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporizing Salvia Extracts Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:28:12 AM

Human

I have 1 gr of 10x standarized salvia extract leaves.

I want to vaporize 1/5 of this quantity, but I don't know which vaporizer would be better.

Suggestions on vaporizing Salvia extracts?

Thanks in advance.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

smokerx
#2 Posted : 12/18/2011 10:28:35 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

clouds wrote:

I want to vaporize 1/5 of this quantity, but I don't know which vaporizer would be better.

Thanks in advance.

I think salvia is better smoked by normal method. Vaporising it will not give it enough heat it needs. More heat better for salvia.

One more thing. Are you saying you are going to smoke 200mg of 10x salvia ? It is very bad idea if yes. Its too much to smoke (providing you extract it your self) start with around 30mg and work your way up. Otherwise you get your ass kicked big time Smile

I made my self 12x salvia and 30mg was too much for me to start with Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 12/18/2011 2:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

clouds wrote:

Thanks in advance.

As an experiment, I once vaporized about 1mg of pure salvinorin A in my GVG. It took much more heat to vaporize, but it did work. The plant material in an extract may act as an “insulator”, slowing or preventing proper vaporization.

The amount of smoke produced by a typical dose of 10X extract is so small that smoking it instead of vaporizing it shouldn’t be an issue.

And you want to smoke 1/5 of a gram of 10X ???

That’s about 5 strong doses! Why would you want to subject yourself to such a potentially awful experience? (You wouldn’t try to vaporize a 150mg dose of DMT, would you?)

A dose of 40mg of 10X should be more than enough.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

clouds
#4 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:17:33 PM

Human

I see. Thank you very much gentleman.

I am a salvia newbie and I'm not familiar with vaporizing methods. I will smoke it instead, with a lower dose.

Cheers.

clouds
#5 Posted : 12/22/2011 7:43:37 AM

Human

So, approximately 6 hours ago, I smoked 20x on a water bong.

I can't really articulate as fluently as I would like to right now, but still...

...I was some guy called "Eric Cropman" or something like that. And I kept telling to my friend/sitter: "The plant is telling me that I am Eric Cropman in another dimension!". My friend looked strange at me and I was about to fall and he grabbed me. Then I 'realized' (while intoxicated) that dimensional travel is real and that I may be not who I 'think' I am. You know the usual stuff... Um, what else can I say... I remember how this Eric guy (me, according to Salvia) was so afraid to let go, I went through his life which apparently is very similar to ours. Needless to say, I was Eric Cropman during my salvia trip, with the same certainty that I am not Eric Cropman right now.

I guess the point of this report is... dimensional travel seems very possible with salvia.

rOm
#6 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

clouds wrote:

I guess the point of this report is... dimensional travel seems very possible with salvia.

Thumbs up

Why would you take a healthy dose of salvia if it's not to interdimension travel ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

zedwings
#7 Posted : 7/26/2012 12:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So...

Vaping Salvia D. extract is not effective due to the high heat required? That's a shame as I can't inhale smoke.

Explorateur
#8 Posted : 7/27/2012 4:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's an interesting article on Erowid on that topic : http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3139
According to this article it seems possible to vaporize Salvia Divinorum plant material with a heatgun.

A guy on shroomery succeed to get some psychoactive effect with an heatgun and a "Volcano valve set" : http://www.shroomery.org...wflat.php/Number/5845605

Hybridoma
#9 Posted : 8/9/2012 9:44:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For quite some time I only used a Volcano set at the highest temperature for successful Salvia voyaging. If you have problems with smoke, the vaporizer appears to work fine. I cannot quite connect this with the physical data on Salvinorin A, as the melting point is 464F and the Volcano only goes to 442F. Further, the boiling point is about 1400F (760C), so it would seem that it would not work. But it does. I would be interested in experiences from other Nexians.